PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are your top 3 Pats picks (in order) from the 2013 Draft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Mine are:

1) Dobson, love this pick, I wanted Hunter, Hopkins or Allen, and maybe even Wheaton, but Dobson was my binkie for the 3rd round. Obviously the Pats were afraid he'd be gone by the 3rd round (aka Rutgers Round). Love his size, speed, strength, intelligence, and amazing hands. I really think Brady can turn this kid into something special.

2) Boyce, a month ago or so, someone said Boyce visited the Pats, I watched film on him. My first thought was, this dude is not your usual 5'11" receiver, he had a RB body like Percy Harvin or Irving Fryar. AND he has great speed to get deep, lots of BIG plays on YouTube. We've know added two game breaking receivers to this team, love it !!

3) Collins, I've warmed up to this dude. When we picked him I hated this pick, I was saying Jamie who ? Rated 5th round pick him in the 2nd ? Then while complaining I'm watching his highlights on ESPN and thinking, woh, look at that ! Wow, look at that play, my god what speed. Then I re-read his combine numbers and thinking, geez, what do we have here ? I don't think we've EVER drafted a defensive player (front 7) with such amazing combine numbers. Hopefully BB can motivate this guy to be a terror.

1). Collins. He has a lot of untapped potential with exceptional athleticism and could be a great player in their defense if he gets it altogether. He's likely the most immediate impact player out of this crop based on where the Patriots will probably use him early and often especially on passing downs situations, either rushing off the edge or covering TEs/RBs. He could excel in this role.

2). Boyce. Of the two drafted receivers he may end up having the greater statistical impact of the two early on. That third receiver role really has a chance to do some special things in their offense because of the way that teams defend the Patriots. Boyce just might be the man for the job. He's able to generate separation, get over the top of a defense and has big play potential. Also, he's well built for his size and unlike last season's revolving door at the spot he will likely occupy, he can beat press because of his sheer strength. He has some Victor Cruz in him from a "height-weight-speed" perspective. If he can ever have a 2011 Cruz type impact for the Patriots, look out.

3. Dobson. He's everything most of us have wanted since Randy's departure. The size is obvious, he has deceptive speed, intelligence, is a reliable pass catcher with big hands. His most impact should come from safety attention over the top and rolling coverage away from their other pass catchers. If teams try the Lloyd strategy by just leaving him 1-on-1 on island he will make them pay with his great ability to "go up and get it". He has spectacular catch ability.

collins

dobson

ryan

Because it's April and that's the order they were drafted in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back