PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are "your guys" at pick 60?

midwestpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I have watched a lot of film and have a pretty good feel for this class as a whole, but I realized that if the draft was today if I could come up with 3 names that I think realistically could fall to 60 and that I would be begging the Patriots to draft.
Sure, I have guys that I really like, but most of them fall in the later rounds or have tested themselves most likely out of the range for the Patriots to pick them and that is why pick 60 has me confused.
So, my question to all of you is this. With say 10 picks before the Patriots pick, what are the names you hope to not see taken before the Patriots are on the clock.
My original 3 I had targeted were:
Jason Spriggs, OT
William Jackson III, CB
Sterling Shepherd, WR

I think its a foregone conclusion that Spriggs and Jackson are gone. I still like Shepherd and would be really happy with him as the pick, but there are guys at WR that could be had later that intrigue me as well. Other names that I have thought about are Braxton Miller, Alex Collins, and Joshua Perry.

So, let's here who you have in mind for pick 60 that would have you excited.

At this stage in the game:

Sterling Shepard
Joshua Garnett

I'd like to review more prospects and see pro day results from some of the injured players that weren't able to participate, but these are my guys so far.

Sterling Shepard
Braxton Miller
Chris Jones
Le'Raven Clark
Joshua Perry

And maybe

CJ Prosise
Hassan Ridgeway (v similar to Malcom Brown).

Not in order.

Sterling Shepard
Braxton Miller
Chris Jones
Le'Raven Clark
Joshua Perry

And maybe

CJ Prosise

Not in order.
I wrote up a more detailed version of this post over at nepd. It has a lot of the names you mentioned. I understand the intrigue with Clark, but I cannot bet on board that early for him. Prosise is an interesting name. I have watched him, but not in detail.
Who Are “Your Guys” at pick 60 For The Patriots? | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2014 NFL Draft

I'm starting to like Harlan miller. Maybe not with our first pick, but maybe with the third round compensentory pick. As for pick 60 I'm crossing my fingers that doctson is there.

My hope is that spriggs lasts to #60, but I think he is gone by #42.

Therefore I think the pats take ot Clark of Texas tech.

I know he has never played with his hand in the dirt, but hopefully he does not have to play right away and can have some time with Dante to learn the position correctly.

Do you think Clark will last that long? He seems to have really good tools, but raw technique. I think he can absolutely be a starting left tackle in this league with some work, and those don't tend to last until almost the third round.

I'm enamoured with CJ Prosise.

I think he could be special in the Patriots offense.

If by some miracle Braxton Miller is there I'd put him as the auto pick ..his athlethisim ,IQ, Versatility are off the charts.

That said, I feel the BPA at 60 will be Kenneth Dixon (rb).

Carroo
Miller

-in that order

OL - Shon Coleman
DL - Jonathan Bullard
WR - Pharoh Cooper
LB - Joshua Perry

So, use our new 2nd and our 3rd to trade up for:

Michael Thomas
Jon Bullard

Or The Braxton?

I personally think we are so lucky to get a 2nd round pick in return for Jones. Honestly, I would've been content getting even a 5th or better and Cooper. With that being said, I think Bill Should once again gamble to make up for the League ripping us off, by choosing Jaylon Smith. If he comes back to form, we have the best linebacking trio locked up for the next 4-5 years. A reward thats just too good to pass up on. This pick has become a luxury pick in my opinion.

Just a reminder.

I like having 2 picks here. I think the 50-70 picks are one of the best spots of this draft for value from what i have seen and read.

I personally think we are so lucky to get a 2nd round pick in return for Jones. Honestly, I would've been content getting even a 5th or better and Cooper. With that being said, I think Bill Should once again gamble to make up for the League ripping us off, by choosing Jaylon Smith. If he comes back to form, we have the best linebacking trio locked up for the next 4-5 years. A reward thats just too good to pass up on. This pick has become a luxury pick in my opinion.

Just a reminder.

I still think it's too much of a risk. Maybe with our compensatory 3rd at the highest.

I still think it's too much of a risk. Maybe with our compensatory 3rd at the highest.

Depends on the feeling of how things are playing out. If it's "hot" then grab him in the second. If it's not, play it by ear but I think he's someone that they should target. I know some gossip about nerves needing to heal but I'd take the risk.

Sterling Shepard
Braxton Miller
Chris Jones
Le'Raven Clark
Joshua Perry

And maybe

CJ Prosise

Not in order.

manman how early do you think a conversion player like Braxton Miller will contribute? If we selected him I hope we double dip at the position just in case. P.s. I like WR:Sterling Shepard @ 60 or 61

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back