PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are your favourite 3 on offense, 3 on defense?

Username

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Not necessarily the best 3 players, but 3 you think could be realistic draft picks

Offense:
CJ Prosise, RB Notre Dame
Charone Peake, WR Clemson
Nick Vannett, TE Ohio State

I'm no good at evaluating OL and no realistic OL prospects jump out at me. I think there's a lot more talent at WR than people are giving this class credit for. The 40 times were poor on average, and there's no blue chip prospect, but I don't think there's a massive fall off in talent between the top 5 WR's and the next 20. I also really like the tape on Keyarris Garret, WR Tulsa and agonised between putting him or Vannett on my list. Thinking of CJ Prosise in the Patriots backfield gets me very excited indeed.

Defense:
Jaylon Smith, LB Notre Dame
Jonathan Bullard, DE Florida
Tyler Matakevich, LB Temple

I think Jaylon Smith will drop hard due to his horrific injury, but I think he's that good that he'd be worth risking a pick on. If he does get healthy you've got another Jamie Collins. I love Bullard and particularly Matakevich for their smarts and energy. All 3 players are leaders too.

Nice question.

My three favourites, not necessarily who I think we'll draft.

Offense:

Braxton Miller
Jonathan Williams
Jerrell Adams

Hon. mentions: Sterling Shepard, Le'Raven Clark, Cody Whitehair

Defense:

Jonathan Bullard
Hassan Ridgeway
Kevin Peterson

Hon. Mentions: Charles Tapper, Sheldon Day, Chris Jones

I have to say, this whole class is really uninspiring. Bullard, Peterson, Williams and Miller are the only four binkies I've found this year. I am so much less excited by this draft than any other. There's no DeAndre Smelter, Shaq Mason, Marvin Jones etc for me this year.

Good idea for a thread. I'll play along.

Like you said, not necessarily the best but realistic players/binkies.

O:
Tyler Higbee TE
Le'Raven Clark / Joe Haeg OT
Charone Peake WR

D:
Hassan Ridgeway DT
Kamalei Correa DE
Scooby Wright III ILB

Ok, so I cheated a bit by adding an extra player. Guess it's in my patriot DNA to make up my own rules :)

Last edited:
Offense:

Jonathan Williams RB
Thomas Duarte WR/TE
Dan Vitale FB/TE

Defense:

Jaylon Smith LB
Jordan Jenkins LB/DE
Sheldon Day DT/DE

I am probably wrong but I think any pick you spend on Jaylon Smith before day three is a waste, if teams thought he could comeback this year or next from this he wouldn't be dropping so much.

I am probably wrong but I think any pick you spend on Jaylon Smith before day three is a waste, if teams thought he could comeback this year or next from this he wouldn't be dropping so much.

Well he's definitely out for this coming season. There's also talk of nerve damage. I think thats what scaring teams away.

With that, I hope the team does take a close look at him. In a draft thats lacking blue chip prospects. Jaylon Smith is definitely one of them. If BB and co think hell be fine in a year, id hope they'll pull the trigger. Hes a jack of all trade LB. Reminds me very much of Jamie Collins, except Smith coming out of college is more polished.

Imagine what BB and Patricia can do with a LB core of Collins, Hightower and Smith?? Who'd rish the passer? Whod drop back?

Well he's definitely out for this coming season. There's also talk of nerve damage. I think thats what scaring teams away.

With that, I hope the team does take a close look at him. In a draft thats lacking blue chip prospects. Jaylon Smith is definitely one of them. If BB and co think hell be fine in a year, id hope they'll pull the trigger. Hes a jack of all trade LB. Reminds me very much of Jamie Collins, except Smith coming out of college is more polished.

Imagine what BB and Patricia can do with a LB core of Collins, Hightower and Smith?? Who'd rish the passer? Whod drop back?
nerve damage would scare me too, especially for a linebacker

nerve damage would scare me too, especially for a linebacker

Agreed..but Peyton proved you can still make a comeback from it. So lets just hope Smith hooks up with a sketchy drug lord, send some HGH to his significant others name, and he'll be all set.

Agreed..but Peyton proved you can still make a comeback from it. So lets just hope Smith hooks up with a sketchy drug lord, send some HGH to his significant others name, and he'll be all set.
send it to his wife you mean ;)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back