PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are you excited to watch at the Senior Bowl?

Sorry but no chance. He's the best pass rusher in a bad pass rushing class. Unless he interviews badly, he'll probably go top 10. And if he doesn't, I don't see any way he falls past the Jets or Cards.

Ehh I was hoping the drug problems would drop him off the first rd together..

I am working on my top 60 players (doing this to help with scouting reports) and while it is still in its early stages, Spence is a top 15 guy and Braxton Miller sits in the mid 30's for me right now.
His progression to this point is what will sell teams. 1 year at the position and he already is showing up as the best WR in the senior class. Teams won't let that type of talent, athleticism and hard work get down the draft board too far. I still say he goes 1st round. Like I said before, if Phillip Dorsett can go round 1, no reason Miller can't.

I am working on my top 60 players (doing this to help with scouting reports) and while it is still in its early stages, Spence is a top 15 guy and Braxton Miller sits in the mid 30's for me right now.
His progression to this point is what will sell teams. 1 year at the position and he already is showing up as the best WR in the senior class. Teams won't let that type of talent, athleticism and hard work get down the draft board too far. I still say he goes 1st round. Like I said before, if Phillip Dorsett can go round 1, no reason Miller can't.

This is really where that silly loss of a draft pick hurts us. I would feel pretty good about Braxton landing here if we'd have it but without it will require to allocate so many resources that I doubt it will happen unless Chandler Jones is moved for some kind of pick.

This is really where that silly loss of a draft pick hurts us. I would feel pretty good about Braxton landing here if we'd have it but without it will require to allocate so many resources that I doubt it will happen unless Chandler Jones is moved for some kind of pick.

I think we all feel pretty much the same on miller as a target, but a lot of the fun of the draft is feeling like most anyone is within reach.

When you are talking about some 40 players being out of reach, it takes the wind out of the sails quite a bit.

Any more updates on the Tackles?

It would have been nice to 'Jamie Collins' Braxton Miller. Trade back for a nice haul and still end up with one of the most athletic prospects in the draft.

Has good size but some issues turning an running. Still, physical CB always puts a prospect on my radar for the Pats. Butler, Ryan, Dennard, Browner could all be described as "physical CBs"

Sounds like a good day 3 OL project target I guess.

Cody Whitehair will be interesting if he falls to our second rounder. Plays OT but has been talked about as a plug and play starter at OG. Have seen Logan Mankins comps for him. Washington State's Joe Dahl, PFF's highest graded pass blocker the last two seasons I believe is another that interests me - plays LT but is getting tried as a OG at the Senior Bowl.

I think it might be worthwhile drafting a LG and switching Shaq to the RG spot where he has all his experience which leaves Tre Jackson as a good OG backup.

Eric Murray was my early favourite as a CB prospect for us. Nice job on Braxton here.

Cody Whitehair will be interesting if he falls to our second rounder. Plays OT but has been talked about as a plug and play starter at OG. Have seen Logan Mankins comps for him. Washington State's Joe Dahl, PFF's highest graded pass blocker the last two seasons I believe is another that interests me - plays LT but is getting tried as a OG at the Senior Bowl.

I think it might be worthwhile drafting a LG and switching Shaq to the RG spot where he has all his experience which leaves Tre Jackson as a good OG backup.

If we go drafting the LG route I have my binky in Joshua Garnett from Stanford.

Im hearing hes ha ing a great Senior Bowl, not to mention, from the sounds of it, hes pro ready!

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back