Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who are we? (sticky?)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by dryheat44, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Nov 10, 2005
    Mrs dryheat44's husband.
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Sep 13, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Sep 17, 2009
    White male
    Job: Defense sector scrub
    Grew up in Virginia
    Registered Party: Never have, never will
    Military: Processed at 30 years old and was two weeks away from my board before being cut off when the Army lowered the max age to 29.
    Abortion: No firm stance, but generally against abortions after 20 weeks.
    Gays: I'd prefer civil unions for all people but since marriage is the parlance of the times, let them marry. Just don't force a religious person to violate their faith to perform the ceremony if they do not wish to.
    Capital Punishment: In favor of it on a limited basis with some reform necessary.
    Drugs: legalize on a case-by-case basis
    Taxes: prefer lower with a better eye on wasteful spending in Washington.
    War: I see it as an extension of diplomacy, but abhor it. I favored Afghanistan to an extent. We overstayed out mission. I was against Iraq in 2003 mostly because I didn't see a viable plan of what the end goal was. War is not something to engage from the hip.
    Patriot Act: Against, against, against!!!
    Guns: Pro. While I tend to theoretically be on the radical side, I recognize the need for some compromise given the decline in societal values. So I don't favor fully automatic weapons having wide availability. Most modern gun control is silly at best, and an existential threat to our republic at worst.
    Civil liberties: When someone can define what this means, I'll answer.
    Middle East: I support Israel's right to exist and defend itself. We need to stay out unless we need to throw our weight around to prevent a war that would economically or otherwise threaten us in a direct manner.
    Election reform: Yes, please
    • Like Like x 1