Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who are we? (sticky?)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by dryheat44, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Yeah, but what about health care?
  2. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Stealing somebody else's format with a few added extras more relevant to the UK

Sex: Male
    Orientation: Straight
    Born: Stirlingshire, Scotland
    Live: Wigan, England
    Current job: Financial auditer
    Religion: Athiest
    Party: United Kingdom Independence Party
    Amnesty for Illegals: No
    Afghan war: For
    Iraqi war: For
    Ban on public smoking: Yes (in buildings) No on the street
    Tax cut for the poor: Yes
    Gun control: For
    Abortion: Pro-Choice
    Gay rights: Dont care
    Political correctness: No
    Drinking age: 18 (fine with the current UK laws on alcohol)
    Voting age: 18
    Legalize marijuana: Yes
    EU: Against
    Joining the Euro currency: Against
    UN: Against
    Religion in schools : Against
    Borrowing more money in one year than all other years put together?: Big fat huge no
    Rescuing banks that still plan to give out £7bn in bonuses: No, if they want taxpayer money they need to cut the bonuses
    MP expenses paid for: Need to be drastically cut, and get rid of the rediculous second house law
    Gordon Brown: Most incompetent Prime Minister in recent memory
    Great Britain Republic/dissolving the monarchy?: Against, too much tradition in the monarchy even if it holds no real power
    Scottish indepence: Against
    NI to join the ROI: For
  3. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My name is NEPATRIOT. I am the man, the myth, and the legend.:D:D

I'm here in the political forum. That's all I want to say. Thank you for your interest in me.:D:D
  4. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Re: Turk

I'd agree with you were it not for communism, which killed over 100 million people last century.

The Catholic church, for example, maybe killed as many as 60,000 people over the centuries I once heard a scholar estimate.

A lot of people conflate the two when an astute historical analysis indicates how wrong this it.

My evidence is the Black Book of Communism, which every high school graduate should be given.

The Black Book of Communism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  5. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Re: Who are we?

DryHeat44, every thing you provide in your political orientation follows from your occupation.
  6. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Mennonite social worker. Oh yeah, from Queens!
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Gawd... shut the f*** up. ... This is about introductions, not comparison and contrast of religion vs. communism.
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Introduction:
    "Hello, I'd like you to meet my brother Fred, Fred this is Ted"
    "why hello Fred it's wonderful to meet you, I'd like you to meet my wife Wilma"
    "hello Wilma, this is my father Vinnie"
    "hello Vinnie, this is my sister Agnes"
    "hello Agnes, this is my Uncle Clyde"
    "hello Clyde, I'd like you to meet my grandmother Olive"
    "hello Olive"
    "hello Clyde"

Following Day At Wal Mart:
    "excuse me isn't your name Fred"
    "why yes it is"
    "hi my name is Ted I met you at your brothers yard sale"
    "oh yes, this is my cousin Thornton"
    "hi, this is my wifes aunt Zory"
    "hello thats my uncle Angelo over there"
    "excuse me do you work here"
    "yes I do"
    "I'd like you to meet Henry"
    "hi Henry, this is Judy she works here too"

Lets all go down to the river
    There's a man walking on the water
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  9. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I found out you need 30 posts to start a new thread and since I don't feel like being "that guy" and going around posting things like "yup" "i agree" or "lol" just to boost my post count, I figured I'd post on the intro section in a clever ruse to boost my post count inconspicuously! I will also completely copy the quoted format above to prevent myself from having to put too much thought in to an original post! :)

White male
    28 years old
    Job: Currently Army
    Grew up in North Dakota
    Registered Party... Never. Never, never, NEVER will I join a political party. They're a monopoly on our government and they're all corrupted by their own power and wealth.
    Military: Joined the Army National Guard in 1999
    Abortion: Sure. I'm pro abortion. However, I am anti-abortion-as-birth-control. I think it should be something like one, two, three strikes and you are forced to have a historectomy.
    Gays: I think Neil Patrick Harris has earned gay people the right to do whatever they want to do. Get married, serve in the military, I don't care!
    I'm so, so, SO very much pro death penalty. I understand our legal system is a complete joke which is why people hesitate when it comes to the death penalty, but you know, can't make an omlet and all... I'm a fan of a bullet to the brain, no more than 1 year max spent on death row, rape/murder/child molesting/attempted murder/attempted rape/etc... should all automatically carry a death sentance.
    Not a fan of legalizing all drugs. Drugs are bad. Not to mention they fund terrorism...
    Taxes suck. We need taxes obviously to function, but we don't need taxes to pay for things like, oh I don't know, how about car companies for example?
    Pro-war in Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan/Iran/Etc... if there are bad people, I'm pro-killing them, regardless on if they have WMDs or not.
    Pro-Patriot Act! I don't do anything wrong, so I have nothing to fear.
    I guess I'm pro gun control on automatic weapons. Civilians don't need access to a .50 cal machine gun! Although they are ridiculously awesome and fun!
    Civil liberties. I think that the ACLU is a larger threat overall to America than Al Qaeda.
    Pro neutrality in the middle east? I'm guessing this refers to a stance on should America meddle in the politics of the middle east...
    I say yes. We have to. Our allies depend on us, and our safety depends on us. We can't just sit back and let terrorist states propogate!
    Election reform. Ya duh. Our votes are meaningless, so that's always good. Here are a few hot button issues I feel strongly about:
    I believe elections should be decided by the vote and we should do away with the electoral college.
    I believe we should institute highly structured and regulated campaign financing laws that make it possible for everyone to compete on even ground. Hell, maybe eventually Joe Shmoe could even stand up and compete with Shiney-tooth Millionaire-Guy!
    TERM LIMITS! Oh god we need term limits. These people stop realizing they are there to REPRESENT the people, instead they treat it as a career and a way to spread their influence so their personal fortunes can grow.
    GWB, not the worst president ever. Not even close. I'll give you an easy example of a worse president. How about a guy who was so insanely popular that it was predicted he could walk around with his thumb up his ***** and still easily win a 2nd term, yet within one year he had already managed to bungle around so poorly that even his most devout supporters doubted he'd get a 2nd term. Maybe if he had spent more time, I don't know, as a Senator or something, maybe he'd have been a better leader instead of just worrying about which pop culture magazine he was going to be on the cover of each week.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Yup...................:D

"you think a lot like me" i don't have the education to word it as well"
  11. Stilla

Stilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am 34, i live in Fairfield County, CT.
    I work as a home builder/carpenter
    High school graduate, I can't spell.

I oppose the funding for a standing army in times of peace.
    I oppose any federal tax to individuals or families. Tax the crap out of corperations and business whos wealth is acquired accross state lines. (No more safe states that provide laws which benifit the few.)
    I oppose the war on terrorism.
    I support laws that don't hold the laws of god over the rights of men and women.
    There is life on other planets.
    I am a product of star dust, and 4.5 billion years of chance.
    There will be peace in the middle east.
  12. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

when? ......
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

This Thread Is Closed
  15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

I thought you were going to say you were Dr. Phil .... :popcorn:
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,026 / 8 / -19

#87 Jersey

Who was dryheat44?
  17. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

do we have a few new regulars since the election?

chime in... :cool:
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +650 / 2 / -9

Mrs dryheat44's son.
  19. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

He's still around but mostly posts in the draft forum. I always look forward to his vertical draft board stack.
  20. everlong

everlong Rookie

Ratings:
    +160 / 1 / -1

#12 Jersey

I don't think I've ever posted my info in here. I've long read the forum but have only recently started to comment on a consistent basis. Mostly because a lot of the threads, still, are just inane nonsense from both sides of the isle. I have found some good threads where people aren't as partisan and I'll generally join in on those.

I live in Marshfield and work in Canton as a DBA which is database administrator not doing business as which people frequently confuse.

Politically I'm all over the map but basically fiscally conservative and socially liberal. That said.....

I believe in ending welfare........for both people and corporations. I love when communities vote down spending on stadiums.

I believe global warming is overstated but I believe in going green at the same time because why wouldn't we want to save the environment and lessen our dependence on foreign oil.

I do not believe in health benefits for people who are not citizens. For that matter I don't believe in any benefits for people who aren't citizens or at least people with a green card who are paying taxes.

I firmly believe in the separation of church and state. I reject any holy roller agenda.

I would never personally want somebody carrying my child to have an abortion but support the right of others to choose.

I believe in a more harsh criminal system. I'm in favor of the death penalty. I believe our court system needs to elevate victims rights while still maintaining the rights of the accused.

I believe in Wall St. reforms. I believe they should go after the bonuses of executives who mismanage companies putting them in the tank but leave with their golden parachutes.

I believe in lower taxes for the middle class and small businesses. I support small businesses whenever possible. I do for example go to Starbucks or Home Depot but given the chance I'll use the local hardware store or the ma and pa coffee shop.

I believe in equal rights for women and homosexuals. I believe in gay marriage? Why should they get an exemption for the trials or marriage? :D

I believe most politicians are some form of corrupt.