PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are the Pats healthy DBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was shocked when I read the other day the NEP haven't run the dime in weeks, and rarely even go to the nickel. With our DBs in such dire straits, I wanted to catalog exactly who the healthy players are:

CB
Hobbs
O'Neal
Richardson
L. Sanders?
Wilhite?

S
Meriweather
Sanders
Spann
Ventrone? (Does he even count?)

Is that it at this point? I know L. Sanders seems to be getting healthy, but now Wilhite is hurt. Didn't realize how razor thin they're looking. Makes you wonder just what the hell is going on behind the scenes with Law that they didn't/couldn't sign him ...

So anyway, is this secondary good enough to win with?

I was shocked when I read the other day the NEP haven't run the dime in weeks, and rarely even go to the nickel. With our DBs in such dire straits, I wanted to catalog exactly who the healthy players are:

CB
Hobbs
O'Neal
Richardson
L. Sanders?
Wilhite?

S
Meriweather
Sanders
Spann
Ventrone? (Does he even count?)

Is that it at this point? I know L. Sanders seems to be getting healthy, but now Wilhite is hurt. Didn't realize how razor thin they're looking. Makes you wonder just what the hell is going on behind the scenes with Law that they didn't/couldn't sign him ...

You know the cliche: At this point in the season, NOBODY is healthy.

That said, you make a great point about Law.

Another guy I forgot, Webster .... this guy disappeared? Was he IR'd and I missed it?

You know the cliche: At this point in the season, NOBODY is healthy.

That said, you make a great point about Law.
lets all forget about ******* law he didnt want to play here, everyone get over it hes history and is know playing for the enemy

Another guy I forgot, Webster .... this guy disappeared? Was he IR'd and I missed it?

Webster was cut in TC. We just brough him back a few weeks ago. I think the presumption was he was hurt and once healthy and the need arouse we re-signed him.

You can probably add Hobbs to the list as he was hurt with a upper body injury and a leg injury of some sort. I doubt he is healthy at this point.

Webster was cut in TC. We just brough him back a few weeks ago. I think the presumption was he was hurt and once healthy and the need arouse we re-signed him.

You can probably add Hobbs to the list as he was hurt with a upper body injury and a leg injury of some sort. I doubt he is healthy at this point.

That's right, now I remember. Has he logged any snaps yet. I'd just hate to see this team continue to handicapped by DB depth to the point where they can't even run dime coverage ...

That's right, now I remember. Has he logged any snaps yet. I'd just hate to see this team continue to handicapped by DB depth to the point where they can't even run dime coverage ...

Webster played 22 snaps on defense in the Jets game. He wasn't cut in camp because he was no good, but because he was injured and couldn't get field time. Keeping him would have been a poor choice for both personnel and accounting.

Last edited:

The Pats are also thin at linebacker. No outside linebacker behind

Vrabel and Woods. I'm surprised they don't IR Alexander and

activate Redd from the practice squad.

Last edited:
Webster played 22 snaps on defense in the Jets game. He wasn't cut in camp because he was no good, but because he was injured and couldn't get field time. Keeping him would have been a poor choice for both personnel and accounting.

I think he forced the fumble that Guyton recovered too. Other than that can't remember him making any plays or getting burnt.

I think he forced the fumble that Guyton recovered too. Other than that can't remember him making any plays or getting burnt.

Going unremembered is better than getting burnt, anyway. If he played well he might see more snaps this week. Sure would be nice to have one of these guys get a major second wind right now.

Well that's some good news. Here's to hoping Sanders & Webster end up being just the band-aids the Pats need for a playoff push!

I can't remember the specifics right now but I recall noting to my father that Webster made a good play in coverage. Not sure if it was a deflection or just good blanket coverage. Point being We noticed him making plays.

CB
Hobbs - has been shaken up for a play or three in each of the recent games. He has been listed on the injury report with a shoulder problem.
O'Neal - got his bell rung, but seems fine now.
Richardson - has also been taken out twice after getting "shaken" up.
L. Sanders? - inactive, hamstring, improving slowly.
Wilhite? - I'm hoping nothing major.
Webster - re-signed with the team after Wheatley was injured. Looked good in the slot Thursday.

S
Meriweather - no problems.
Sanders - no problems.
Spann - no problems.
Ventrone? (Does he even count?) - oh yes he counts, he had his bell rung the first play, I won't be surprised if they hold him out this week as a precaution.
Slater - missed time earlier, but is back now.

This secondary is good enough to win with. [/blind homer mode]

Maybe they'll hold tryouts open to the public?

This secondary is good enough to win with. [/blind homer mode]
Richardson was injured in the Buffalo game...and returned...but was not in on any defensive plays ST only...ST only in the Jets...seems like he's a bit injured still although not disclosed....as he looked pretty good in the Colts game. Wilhiye has the flu..so that ISN"T bad...Meriwether banged up his hip in SD...Really only JSanders has played uninjured....a bit scary with all the bumps bruises...

Hobbs, O'Neal, Sanders, Webster, Richardson
Wilhite with the flu

As is normal at this point in the season, all have nicks and bruises.

This is as good as our norm over the past decade.

He did make a nice play on Cothery forcing the fumble...Webster wasn'y bad in camp in fact he started of the camp hot...but then after injuries...he never had a chance. That he is back and active shows he's not all that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back