PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

who are the newengland patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I dont know any more. Ill tell ya right now im tired of shaking my head after todays game. I thought the pats after the indy loss would of picked up the pieces in this off week, but i guess not. The patriots not beating a solid team yet this year, still had things to prove. After losing to the jets today, they have me asking who the patriots really are. One week i think they are great and next i realy dont think there that good. Being a fan its easy to be in denial of how good your team is, but after this week im not in denial any more, i have accepted the fact that the patriots just arent that good any more.

frankiesfly said:
i have accepted the fact that the patriots just arent that good any more.

Well, I think the Pats are a second tier team. They are not among the elite anymore. I think used to think that if you have one last drive to get into FG range Tom Brady was the the QB to do it (much like David Ortiz with the Red Sox). Not so much this year. Last week it was Faulk letting the ball go through his hands. This week TB gets sacked to end the game.

I don't know...My confidence in the Pats has been shaken (not broken). They should win against GB next week but who knows. The Pats have more questions than answers at this point in the season.

We are not a good team right now.
I see no FIRE anymore. Maybe some players are content now having a few rings. Its not the other team beating us but rather us not making the plays we used to always seem to make.

Exactly 1 week ago, I was sitting in the Stadium parking lot thinking a week later, we'd be 8-1 and in control of the AFC. Now, we're 6-3, about to blow the division lead with no hope at a Super Bowl. What a difference a week makes. Losses at GB and home to Chicago will pretty much put the nail in this season's coffin. Im at the point now where I dont even care anymore. I'll go to the Bears game to see Chicago play, then I'll give away the rest of my tickets this season to my employees. This team isn't worth my attention or emotion.

Jacky Roberts said:
Exactly 1 week ago, I was sitting in the Stadium parking lot thinking a week later, we'd be 8-1 and in control of the AFC. Now, we're 6-3, about to blow the division lead with no hope at a Super Bowl. What a difference a week makes. Losses at GB and home to Chicago will pretty much put the nail in this season's coffin. Im at the point now where I dont even care anymore. I'll go to the Bears game to see Chicago play, then I'll give away the rest of my tickets this season to my employees. This team isn't worth my attention or emotion.

No hope at a Super Bowl?

Were you cooking up some crack in the parking lot?

pats1 said:
No hope at a Super Bowl?

Well, I wasn't brewing up that kool aid you are obvously drinking. This team has no shot in hell at the Super Bowl. They are gutless and are bunch of fat cats. I can't imagine anyone with half a brain thinking this team is Super Bowl bound. Come on.

Only thing wrong with the Pats are they are too impressed with themselfs.

Jacky Roberts said:

Could you do us the same favor here on the board? You are the epitome of a bandwaggon fan, Jacky. Do the team a favor while you're at it and let those seasons tickets go after the season so maybe a real fan with some heart can follow this team. Obviously as a season ticket holder you are as worthless to this team as a fan as you claim the team is to you as other than a writeoff.

I'm watching the Steelers game now where their fans apparently never give up, even when the QB has sucked all year and their playoff hopes are truly a pipe dream at 2-6. They were down early again today, but they are taking NO apart now.

pats1 said:
No hope at a Super Bowl?

He never got to the parking lot today, raining. ;)

Jacky Roberts said:
Well, I wasn't brewing up that kool aid you are obvously drinking. This team has no shot in hell at the Super Bowl. They are gutless and are bunch of fat cats. I can't imagine anyone with half a brain thinking this team is Super Bowl bound. Come on.

Then who's going? The Colts? The Broncos?

Are you serious?

(Knowing your past and present stupidity, I'm assuming yes.)

What the **** is this? That **** known as college football? Where you lose a game and are out of championship contention?

MoLewisRocks said:
Could you do us the same favor here on the board? You are the epitome of a bandwaggon fan, Jacky. Do the team a favor while you're at it and let those seasons tickets go after the season so maybe a real fan with some heart can follow this team. Obviously as a season ticket holder you are as worthless to this team as a fan as you claim the team is to you as other than a writeoff.

I'm watching the Steelers game now where their fans apparently never give up, even when the QB has sucked all year and their playoff hopes are truly a pipe dream at 2-6. They were down early again today, but they are taking NO apart now.

Amen. I'm embarrassed to have this guy wasting season tickets.

Last edited:
I'm pretty upset... but I'm still hoping that they will pull their heads out of that "safe" place... and play like they are capable of doing.

Jacky Roberts said:
Exactly 1 week ago, I was sitting in the Stadium parking lot thinking a week later, we'd be 8-1 and in control of the AFC. Now, we're 6-3, about to blow the division lead with no hope at a Super Bowl. What a difference a week makes. Losses at GB and home to Chicago will pretty much put the nail in this season's coffin. I'm at the point now where I dont even care anymore. I'll go to the Bears game to see Chicago play, then I'll give away the rest of my tickets this season to my employees. This team isn't worth my attention or emotion.

If the playoffs started today I would have to agree with Jacky Roberts. This team would be 1 and done in the playoffs. At bes we are currently the 5th best team in the AFC. Thank goodness we do have time to try to correct the direction of this team.

To me, this team and organization is way underachieving.

rabthepat said:
If the playoffs started today I would have to agree with Jacky Roberts. This team would be 1 and done in the playoffs. At bes we are currently the 5th best team in the AFC. Thank goodness we do have time to try to correct the direction of this team.

To me, this team and organization is way underachieving.

What period of the season, BB preached, is most important?

we went 57 games without losing back to back. i know we dont get any trophies for that but not many fans can claim their team has done that.This team has problems no doubt but its not a underachieving organization...thats just too much...

Well, I can't speak to any other's fan's support or confidence in the present version of our club. It sucks that we lost to the jets today yes and this year HAS been kinda weird, just like this post suggests. Who are our team, one drive they take 31 seconds, others they look very out of sync. I think we need maybe a bit more consistency and flow. Maybe more chemistry in the WR position, although Caldwell is getting there. I was wondering where Jackson was today...when he gets the ball he looks great...letting Deoin go in my mind really sucked, I wished and wish and will wish that never happened

One thing I can say with confidence is that this is my team, our team. It needs our support. I support my team. I know they will work on getting some flow back. Hopefully if we get into the playoffs, Rodney will be ready, if not I am sure Scott will be ready....

Calm down men and women....I know it dosen't look good. I think if can mix Jackson and Caldwell into the game, hopefully Tom will be a bit more accurate with throws to Ben, our running game is obviously in pretty good shape. There are many positives. We are very spoiled, esp. lately as pats fans, but lets not get our bun in a knot. We certainly might not be as totally dominating as we were, but we are a very competitive team, capable of beating any team in the NFL today....

This is my team, and i have confidence in their skills and the organization as a whole. We'll be allright....lets get into January, and then you never know, you never know....

miami won there last 6 games str8 at the end of last season, we could be in trouble if miami gets hot. The pats could blow even a playoff berth playing like they are of late. As far as superbowl goes, im just hoping to make the playoffs.

Jacky Roberts said:
Losses at GB and home to Chicago will pretty much put the nail in this season's coffin. Im at the point now where I dont even care anymore. I'll go to the Bears game to see Chicago play, then I'll give away the rest of my tickets this season to my employees. This team isn't worth my attention or emotion.

A sickening comment. Go become a Colts fan.

frankiesfly said:
miami won there last 6 games str8 at the end of last season, we could be in trouble if miami gets hot. The pats could blow even a playoff berth playing like they are of late. As far as superbowl goes, im just hoping to make the playoffs.

Few teams have won the Super Bowl without making the playoffs first.

Some fans here are worried about the bye week as soon as the season starts.

It's never easy, only seems that way in hindsight.

panic.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye