Welcome to PatsFans.com

Who Are The Neo-Cons? (Revisited)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Aug 21, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Again, since there's some confusion....

time for a reality check. These are the original neo-cons, born out of Straussian ideology, and fostered at the University of Chicago...

here are the snakes who have framed our imperial foreign policy

http://www.csmonitor.com/specials/neocon/index.html

Enjoy!
  2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Maybe Patters will give this thread a sticky, for Billy "There is no sectarian strife in Iraq" Kristol.

[​IMG]
  3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

if not for Paul "this war will cost the taxpayer nothing" Wolfowitz

[​IMG]
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

maybe, if not for Paul, then for Frank "We can make more humane nukes" Gaffney

[​IMG]
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

or for John "There's no such thing as the United Nations. If the U.N. secretary building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference" Bolton

[​IMG]
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

or Elliott "I never said I had no idea about most of the things you said I said I had no idea about" Abrams
    [​IMG]

http://thinkprogress.org/the-architects-where-are-they-now/

Better quote by Abrams from above article:
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  7. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

or Doug Feith... well-known for his support of Israel's right-wing Likud Party.

"Seldom in my life have I met a dumber man."- Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson.

http://www.tompaine.com/articles/2006/01/12/colonel_wilkersons_way.php

[​IMG]

9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

WHO COULD FORGET THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS????
    [​IMG]

10. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

LEST US FORGET EVERYONE'S FAV...

The Indicted Liar

[​IMG]

Click Me
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  11. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

These are the men running our foreign policy under Bush. I'm sure our right wing brethren will have plenty of ammunition to defend these neo-cons' actions and arguments, donchya think Blue?? :D
  12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Especially harryboy, he will set the record straight, as only harryboy can:D
  13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't get it. Can we have a few from the right discuss what they think of the neo-cons?

FBN?
    PFEIL?
    ELO?
    P13?

What do you guys think of Wolfowitz??

[​IMG]

Was Wolfie correct in his assessments? Were we greeted as liberators? Is Iraqi oil money paying for the reconstruction? Was Shinseki a whacko?

If he was wrong on any of these assessments, which ones??

You can do it. You are intelligent and honest with yourselves.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2005
  15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

To answer the question fairly I'd say this.

He was wrong about the oil paying for the war. Clearly wrong. Of course, anyone with half a brain would have already understood that when someone from the government tells you it won't cost you anything, he's lying, or legally dumb.

He was correct in not feeling that more troops would be needed militarily. Why? Well cuz he thought we'd be greeted as liberators. To which he was mostly incorrect. Again, to be fair, the Kurds clearly look at us as liberators. About half the Shia do as well. The Sunni's despise us, as do the other half of the Shia.

Now back to the soldier totals. Iraq, in military terms, was a success of monumental porportions. Lighting quick, highly effective, all while costing very little in terms of casualties. However, post military action, it was a blunder. Why? Cuz they truly underestimated both the insurgency, and out side meddling by Iran and Syria. Troop levels are a moot point when you consider one very important fact. Had we gone in with 400k in troops, then how would we ever have maintain those numbers? The entire point of more troops was not for military action, it was for security and police operations. The Army is having problems maintaining a 140k force, how would they have maintained a 400k instead?

Conclusion, he was right in a sense, wrong and really wrong.

F+? :bricks:
  16. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

RW, you are an independant and critical thinker. I more or less agree with you. In fact, I think when people take the GOP blinders off for a moment, they will realize how radical and leftist the neocons are- those that have dominated our foreign policy and justified preemptive strikes. The Wolfowitz line of being greeted as liberators was actually quoted by Chalabi- a criminal who should be in jail but was seen sitting next to Laura Bush at the 2003 SOTU. Amazing.

I suppose if there was some oversight and less corruption in the reconstruction of Iraq, we might have won their hearts and minds and prevented alot of the subsequent carnage. Who knows? I do think it was a wildly optimistic assessment to think that you could bomb the bejesus out of any nation and its people would greet you with flowers upon arrival.

The transformation policy you speak of makes sense for fighting uniformed armies. Doesn't work so well for guerrilla wars. I think Shinsekis main point about using so many troops was to provide a sense of security (kept a sense of order until the new government could get going). The additional troops could also have done more to secure those explosives caches like that at Al Qaa Qaa which were looted.

You would think that if we're going in to seize WMD, we might have thought to have guarded the high grade explosives depots. I guess we didn't have the troops to do so.

And Rumsfeld is still held in high regard??
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Well, Rummy is a dinosuar from the Cold War. Everyone loved Rummy's work with the Taliban. Of course, his elevated ego, and his map for success against a 5th world society gave him a false sense of confidence. But people like Rummy don't care about that crap (loss of life, humanitarian siuations). Like a liberal lefty, a right wing whacker cares little about the means, and only cares about the bottom line. Somtimes thinking like that is needed. But thinking like that should rarely held by the man in charge. The problem is that relieving Rummy is political suicide. The Left and their allies in the MSM would crucify the GOP. It's all that's wrong with today's politics. Most all decisions tend to come down to political escapability.

One thing I will say about the carnage, it's appalling. What's more appalling is that it's muslim versus muslim crime. It's too bad muslims are to primitive to look at the carnage and see one glaring point. That they are incapable of living in a free society. They are primitive, that's the bottom line. Iraq, considered a "secular" state, proves to me that islam is a religion of violence, and not a religion of peace.
  18. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Here is a Neo-con...

[​IMG]

Actually I have no idea, nor do I care what she thinks about politics. I fiugred if people were posting pictures, I post this one and as a public service announcement, I would tell everyone that the Pat's Cheerleader Calender is out.
  19. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:D FTW...I take back what I said about neo-cons. If she is, then they are fine with me.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Dang....nice pic!