Welcome to PatsFans.com

Whitlock: The story ESPN doesn't want you to know

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by SVN, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +195 / 1 / -0

2. thechris

thechris Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

3. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

And it looks like Ball State is going down. Buffalo 35, Ball State 17 with 6 minutes left in the MAC championship.
  4. TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow.

Granted, people aren't going to put much stock in a guy raging against a company that fired him and singing the praises of his alma mater. But I still think Whitlock has a good point about BSPN becoming the William Randolph Hearst of the sports journalism world. I can't comment about a lot of the examples he gives since I don't know that much about college football, but I'm sure they're guilty of "agenda setting", though that can be said of many media outlets.

I also have to say that I'm surprised he's been off BSPN for three years; I thought I'd seen him guest-hosting on "PTI" more recently than that. (And anybody would be better than their usual guest host, that ********* Dan Lebatard.) Further, it doesn't surprise me that Whitlock ruffled the feathers of Mike Lupica, he's always come across as a pipsqueak to me.

Unfortunately, when I scrolled down to read the comments on the page, 90% of them were ripping on Ball State, so no one's really getting the message about BSPN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.