Not open for further replies.
Whitlock's Daily Planner:

1) Wake up
2) Take massive dump
3) Lick finger
4) Stick finger in air
5A) Figure out which way wind is blowing
If no wind
5B) Open window, watch traffic, see which way Band Wagon is headed.
6) Write article...inject a black/white undertone
7) Take second dump

That's a lot more research than I thought the douch does.

What if you lost 2 in a row...and the last one at home to an NFC foe (considering you havent lost to the NFC since man invented fire)...?

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

;)

It would look like Georgia.

Can sticky all of these doom and gloom threads and articles so at the end of the season we can look at them and laugh.

I agree. It's a good thing Ian has banned using dumb statements in sigs or there would be enough of them for a decade after this week.

I wonder what Whitlock will say if we put up 40+ points this Sunday.

What if you lost 2 in a row...and the last one at home to an NFC foe (considering you havent lost to the NFC since man invented fire)...?

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

;)

a momentary interruption to the spinning of the earth's axis is more like it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
a momentary interruption to the spinning of the earth's axis is more like it :rolleyes:

as i said in my "welcome" note to you earlier this week, it's nice to have you on the board as you are polite and knowledgeable, but I will add that, as a fan of a team that has been to exactly one Super Bowl in 43 years and has yet to figure out how to win even once in that venue, you are talking a lot of trash to fans of a team that has gone to six and won three. You do realize, don't you, that only two franchises ('boys and Steelers) have gone to more SB's than the Pats, and only three have won more ('boys, Steelers and 'niners)?

So, bring it on but be ready when we dish it back. :singing:
If you consider the post you quoted to be trash talk you are sitting with the wine and cheese crowd.

"Buffy honey, did jcw say the Patriots MIGHT lose this weekend?"
"Oh the gall of these lower level NFL fans. They should bow down and concede to our trophies."

If anything its a backwards compliment. I pointed out, if you lose, it would be greater than an apocalyptic event. It is a fact there there is a CHANCE you will lose this weekend. If you were playing Detroit theres a CHANCE. Dont tell me all those titles in the past have made you so pompous that you cant see THAT?

Also, I had a subtle attempt at humor by using the line from Peter in the movie Ghostbusters.

Hell, as much as you all like to bring up old stuff I guess I should come back with stupid stuff like "Well the Falcons have the all time series record vs the Pats" or "last time we went up there we blew you guys out." Aside from sounding pretty lame, none of that, or the Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl rings, is relevant. If a grown man ever tries to win an argument by having me look at his jewelry..."have you seen my RINGS"...I think the proper response for anyone with nads is "NO, have you seen my FISTS?"

Think of it like this. A fresh out of college kid shows up at your home to hang out/have a meal. Lets say its a family friend from out of town. He drives some 1997 Honda. If you were to walk out to greet him, and tell him, "Whoah, look at the POS you are driving!" Then open your garage, put your hand on your Lamborghini and say "Now look at that piece if crap you drive, compared to what I drive...look at it again...now again...you really do suck...i mean, look at this car...let me show you some pics of me with hot chicks in the car from different times...oh...you dont have any similar pics of you in your car...is it because...oh i dont know...its a pice of crap?" youd be an ahole, no? Apply this scenario to life, and try not to be an ahole. But in this scenario, at least you had to earn (or have the $) for the car. When it comes to being a fan, all you have to do is pick your pony. And some people work for it (long suffering) and some just pick THE favorite. The ones who have suffered...they know what it was like...and they have class because of it. I think, in general, Pats fans who did once suffer have forgotten what it was like...the fall, when it happens, will either be HARD, or they will just jump ship to the Sox, Celtics, and Bruins and turn a deaf ear to the NFL. Stay humbled by your success and enjoy it...but rub it in everyones faces and they will hate you for it. And it DOES matter if they loathe you...as some of you blame the harsh and unjust Spygate penalty on the conspiracy everyone has against the Pats. They did it based on the assumption the Pats were cheating and didnt give any appeal a second thought. Why? Cause no one cares to hear the pompous and smug whine. I can tell you from that one fan who was an ahole to me on that day in the Dome (from another thread in the visitors section), I didnt shed a tear when I heard about it. The first thought that went through my head was that guys smart mouth, and how karma has a way of coming back around. Thought the same thing when that ball levitated on the back of the Giants helmet on 4th down. Couldnt help it. We have a lifetime of bad stuff and poor football here in Atlanta, I dont need the bad karma of ahole fan to make it any worse.

The truth is I have the most respect for the fans of teams like the Lions, Chiefs, Raiders, etc (right now). At least you know they are REAL fans...willing to debate on their message boards regardless to the teams success and watch every Sunday and take the pain like a man (and believe me, when Lions fan gets up, and watches his game, he knows pain is inevitable). I would question, if ten years from now BB and TB were retired, and the Pats were struggling to win games...would you be man enough to follow it every Sunday? Would you do it with class or would you go into forums beinging up the good ole days and the trophies anytime anyone pointed out something negative about your team? Or would you just switch focus to the Sox? I dont know you, so I cant presume which you would be. But I do undertsand cause and effect, and have the lay of the land.

Chilled with a lot of really cool (although gang banger types, but nice people, nice people I wouldnt eff with) Raiders fans at tailgates through some of their rough times of the last five years. Those guys were just fun to be around...and we had them at our Falcons tailgate a couple of years ago because of it. Know how many times those guys brought up their 5 Super Bowl appearances? 0. Did they try to make up for their team being stinky or belittle my favorite team by pointing out something that happened years ago? No. Not for a second. Cause they didnt play for those teams. And we werent there that day to see the 1984 Raiders play the Falcons. See, they may have a bad rep, but from my first hand experience, Raider fan was GREAT...and this was in down times.

Ah. I guess I have to do some work today. Random rant over.

Last edited:
If you consider the post you quoted to be trash talk you are sitting with the wine and cheese crowd.

"Buffy honey, did jcw say the Patriots MIGHT lose this weekend?"
"Oh the gall of these lower level NFL fans. They should bow down and concede to our trophies."

If anything its a backwards compliment. I pointed out, if you lose, it would be greater than an apocalyptic event. It is a fact there there is a CHANCE you will lose this weekend. If you were playing Detroit theres a CHANCE. Dont tell me all those titles in the past have made you so pompous that you cant see THAT?

Also, I had a subtle attempt at humor by using the line from Peter in the movie Ghostbusters.

Hell, as much as you all like to bring up old stuff I guess I should come back with stupid stuff like "Well the Falcons have the all time series record vs the Pats" or "last time we went up there we blew you guys out." Aside from sounding pretty lame, none of that, or the Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl rings, is relevant. If a grown man ever tries to win an argument by having me look at his jewelry..."have you seen my RINGS"...I think the proper response for anyone with nads is "NO, have you seen my FISTS?"

Think of it like this. A fresh out of college kid shows up at your home to hang out/have a meal. Lets say its a family friend from out of town. He drives some 1997 Honda. If you were to walk out to greet him, and tell him, "Whoah, look at the POS you are driving!" Then open your garage, put your hand on your Lamborghini and say "Now look at that piece if crap you drive, compared to what I drive...look at it again...now again...you really do suck...i mean, look at this car...let me show you some pics of me with hot chicks in the car from different times...oh...you dont have any similar pics of you in your car...is it because...oh i dont know...its a pice of crap?" youd be an ahole, no? Apply this scenario to life, and try not to be an ahole. But in this scenario, at least you had to earn (or have the $) for the car. When it comes to being a fan, all you have to do is pick your pony. And some people work for it (long suffering) and some just pick THE favorite. The ones who have suffered...they know what it was like...and they have class because of it. I think, in general, Pats fans who did once suffer have forgotten what it was like...the fall, when it happens, will either be HARD, or they will just jump ship to the Sox, Celtics, and Bruins and turn a deaf ear to the NFL. Stay humbled by your success and enjoy it...but rub it in everyones faces and they will hate you for it. And it DOES matter if they loathe you...as some of you blame the harsh and unjust Spygate penalty on the conspiracy everyone has against the Pats. They did it based on the assumption the Pats were cheating and didnt give any appeal a second thought. Why? Cause no one cares to hear the pompous and smug whine. I can tell you from that one fan who was an ahole to me on that day in the Dome (from another thread in the visitors section), I didnt shed a tear when I heard about it. The first thought that went through my head was that guys smart mouth, and how karma has a way of coming back around. Thought the same thing when that ball levitated on the back of the Giants helmet on 4th down. Couldnt help it. We have a lifetime of bad stuff and poor football here in Atlanta, I dont need the bad karma of ahole fan to make it any worse.

The truth is I have the most respect for the fans of teams like the Lions, Chiefs, Raiders, etc (right now). At least you know they are REAL fans...willing to debate on their message boards regardless to the teams success and watch every Sunday and take the pain like a man (and believe me, when Lions fan gets up, and watches his game, he knows pain is inevitable). I would question, if ten years from now BB and TB were retired, and the Pats were struggling to win games...would you be man enough to follow it every Sunday? Would you do it with class or would you go into forums beinging up the good ole days and the trophies anytime anyone pointed out something negative about your team? Or would you just switch focus to the Sox? I dont know you, so I cant presume which you would be. But I do undertsand cause and effect, and have the lay of the land.

Chilled with a lot of really cool (although gang banger types, but nice people, nice people I wouldnt eff with) Raiders fans at tailgates through some of their rough times of the last five years. Those guys were just fun to be around...and we had them at our Falcons tailgate a couple of years ago because of it. Know how many times those guys brought up their 5 Super Bowl appearances? 0. Did they try to make up for their team being stinky or belittle my favorite team by pointing out something that happened years ago? No. Not for a second. Cause they didnt play for those teams. And we werent there that day to see the 1984 Raiders play the Falcons. See, they may have a bad rep, but from my first hand experience, Raider fan was GREAT...and this was in down times.

Ah. I guess I have to do some work today. Random rant over.

Yo, dude, I was kidding you! Chill! Big time, chill!

Last edited:
I just felt like ranting. :)

Well, I guess you succeeded at doing that...remember, I'm one of the guys who welcomed you to this board, which is a lot better reception than oppo posters get in Jets and Colts land....and I'm ready to debate any reasonable topic on the message board, but I have no idea what the Honda Lamborghini stuff was about, but I'm glad you got it off your chest!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back