PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whitlock: Patriots fans are fools

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point he makes isn't a terrible one. Brady hasn't looked his old self in the pocket.

Last year the Colts were lucky to not be 0-4 to start the season. Peyton Manning was coming off knee surgery and looked shaky at best and had no synergy with his receivers. He won the MVP award last season. Tom Brady will be fine, he just needs to find his rhythm

Whitlock is one of the worst sports writers out there.
I think he's mad because he has fat man breasts.

Last year the Colts were lucky to not be 0-4 to start the season. Peyton Manning was coming off knee surgery and looked shaky at best and had no synergy with his receivers. He won the MVP award last season. Tom Brady will be fine, he just needs to find his rhythm

I know, but he hasn't yet. And Manning's injury wasn't as serious as Brady's, even if Brady had longer to heal. I think he'll find his groove. I wish he had carried those last 2 drives from Buffalo over to last week, but the no-huddle crap and the loss of Welker didn't help.

I know, but he hasn't yet. And Manning's injury wasn't as serious as Brady's, even if Brady had longer to heal. I think he'll find his groove. I wish he had carried those last 2 drives from Buffalo over to last week, but the no-huddle crap and the loss of Welker didn't help.

TB's guru out in CA said in the summer that the first 6-8 games would be tough as things worked out.

Remember that Manning missed training camp (notice they are still talking about that) and the media was creaming over themselves to make excuses.

TB didn't play for 80 weeks so to expect a 40 points per game barrage for the first weeks is not realistic. WW not in the lineup only added to the problems.

It actually says alot when the Pats lose a game,it suddenly becomes an apocolytic event.

I'm hoping that the negativity from the media may actually work out in the team's favor. Teams usually play better with a chip on their shoulder, when they're written off, when they're flying under the radar, because they have the common objective to prove the naysayers wrong. I actually prefer this to the "Now that Brady's back, the Patriots are expected to break their records set in 2007" headlines. It's hard to live up to expectations that are through the stratosphere.

It actually says alot when the Pats lose a game,it suddenly becomes an apocolytic event.
What if you lost 2 in a row...and the last one at home to an NFC foe (considering you havent lost to the NFC since man invented fire)...?

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

;)

Last edited:
What if you lost 2 in a row...and the last one at home to an NFC foe (considering you havent lost to the NFC since man invented fire)...?

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

;)

Now that you mention it I think our last NFC loss other than the Giants was to the Panthers in 05. I never really thought about it.

Now that you mention it I think our last NFC loss other than the Giants was to the Panthers in 05. I never really thought about it.
Correct sir

No real need to think about who you are beating when you are beating everybody.

Last edited:
Correct sir

No real need to think about who you are beating when you are beating everybody.

You're really trying to set us up for a loss aren't you? :welcome:

You're really trying to set us up for a loss aren't you? :welcome:
Harder than you know! :)

I just try to call em like I see em. For better or worse.

Thanks for the welcome.

Harder than you know! :)

I just try to call em like I see em. For better or worse.

Thanks for the welcome.

It's a shame you're not a divisional fan. Jets fans drool so much we use 'em as levels.

Jason Whitlock? Jason Whitlock? I'm trying to think of why his opinion would mean anything to me.

Sorry, I can't think of any.

And when, not if, Brady returns to his former performance level, no one will hear a peep from Whitlock about how he was wrong. He's got an awful lot of Tony Mazz in him. Come to think of it, he looks like he has all of Tony Mazz in him, plus Felger and Borges.

Having been involved in elite level sports and unfortunately on the wrong end of some serious injuries, the mental ghosts are always there.. until the one day when things just seem to click and you don't worry about it anymore.

That takes time and can only occur in the mind of the person themself. It could be next week or it could be 2 years down the track. Only Brady will know.

Last edited:
I have never felt ... since 2001 that Brady has ever played a game, a half, a guater or a play merely seeking to survive and have a long career. I'll compare brady to any QB in the league in the last 8 years for standing in there to the last micro second waiting for someone to get open.

A comparison to Brady now and a younger Brady would surly show someone who threw the ball out of bounds way more when he was younger than he does now. I wouldn't blame him for throwing it away a few times here and there and yet he rarely does it in a game anymore.
He may throw balls that only his receivers can catch or go OB but he rarley throws it away to avoid a hit.

The guy is a professional troll. Nice gig if you don't have any self-respect.
You hit the nail on the head with this statement - and Whitlock is certainly not the only one.

The media is full of professional trolls, who love to make ridiculously stupid statements and then laugh themselves silly when they get the attention they are seeking in forums just like this one. That's what you are left with when you have no talent. People like Ron Borges come to mind.

NFL Truths: Brady will always hear the footsteps - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

the caption on the front page of foxsports states "Patriots fans who think they're going to see a fearless Tom Brady back under center are a bunch of fools, Jason Whitlock says"

Gotta love Whitlock - tells it like it is. You don't see journalists going after the truth like he does. He's entitled to his opinion, which is often against the majority and worthy of shock value.

Either way, Whitlock is an alumni of THE great Ball State University. Go Cards.

After one friggin game (that had followed a game with a heroic fourth quarter from TB) the media has exploded on us.

Folks, the Jets played a great game with their fans, coaching staff, and players all in top shop. We were up 9-3 at half, had a drive to tie or win the game at the end, and things could have easily played out in the Pats favor. we lost by 7! I think at least 29 of the other 31 teams in the NFL would have lost that game too!!!!

Now the media has used this opportunity to kick us, spit on us and diss us while we are down. In four days, there have easily been 50 articles/oppinions on how the days of pats being contenders are over and how Brady probably won't ever be back.

Are you effing kidding me? It's one game! Everyone is SO quick to write us off, they were excited for the first opportunity to see us look mediocre. No respect from anywhere.

Whatever. we'll take it. Just know one thing, media. If you're going to beat a dead horse, make sure it's dead.

Why do we need to post Jasont Whitlocks collumns here.. .He is probably one of the most unprofessional sports writers, and has been a Pats hater since 02... We know he hate the Pats, he will never write a good column about them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back