PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whitlock: If Pats Without Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could throw Tom Brady out there with 10 cripples and we'd still win the AFC East.

Whitlock is just another pats hater. Oh, and he's a nutcase to boot. Has he ever been right? He is a "LOOK AT ME" type blogger who craves attention. F**k :rocker:him!

weve won 3 sb's before without moss....weve lost one with him...

though i had rather have him, in no way is he that important

That is all you need to know...case closed.

Only three guys that important. Kraft, Belichick, and Brady.

For the Pats' 2008 offense to remain close to the 2007 offense,

they need to re-sign: Gaffney and Moss or Stallworth.

Who cares if the Pats are equal to this year's offense. Even if their at 80% of that level and the defense is faster and better then we are able to get back to the Super Bowl. I want Moss back, and I believe he will be back, but if not, I believe Brady has proved what he can do with "pretty" good talent.

Who cares if the Pats are equal to this year's offense. Even if their at 80% of that level and the defense is faster and better then we are able to get back to the Super Bowl. I want Moss back, and I believe he will be back, but if not, I believe Brady has proved what he can do with "pretty" good talent.
Yeah, you're right pretty good is all we need. Heck, Brady could throw to my my poor blind grandmother with one leg and make her look good. The only trouble with that is she does get short of breath easily and couldl't run it in. LOL:D

They will go 10-6 and not make the playoffs!

Read it again. He says they will lose in the first round.

and who does he propose will win the AFC East? haha

See above.

If Moss leaves, than the Pats WR's will look pretty bad. They already declined the option on Stallworth and who knows if he will re-sign at a reduced price. That will leave Welker, who will not be as nearly effective as he was last year because of the lack of vertical threats and will see many double teams. Another question to ask is whether Gaffney will re-sign? I hope so. As much as I love Chad Jackson, I wont get my hopes up that he can step in and do well right away. With that said, letting Moss go would be one of the dumbest moves in Patriots history. He puts up 23 TD's, what else do the Pats want? A couple years ago I was mad that the Pats wouldn't re-sign Branch and thought it was a bad move. For the time being, it was a bad move. But in the long run, it was a good move (they got Moss, Stallworth and Welker). Branch is nowhere near the talent level of Randy Moss. This year, its completely different. This is their most important decision of the offseason. Moss must stay a Patriot.

Actually, I think this is fair to say:
Welker with Moss > Welker without Moss
Moss with Welker > Moss without Welker
Brady with Moss > Brady without Moss
Brady with Welker > Brady without Welker
Brady with Moss AND Welker > Brady without Moss or Brady without Welker

This is very good. haha. We won 3 SB's without Randy. I love him, want him back...but the world wouldn't implode if he doesn't come back. TB + BB + SP + Krafty= guarantee. I don't think it's possible for TB and BB to be "average". That combo won 3 SB's in 4 years. Sorry, nice try though sports media. Besides, its dumb to argue about bc we'll know very soon the deal on Mr. Moss and I think we'll all be very happy with the news.:D

All you need to know is Jason Whitlock, wrote the article..

I tend to agree with Whitlock. This team is unlike past teams and Moss is now a vital component. Teams that lose the SB generally have a drop off. Without Moss that would become more likely.

Read it again. He says they will lose in the first round.

See above.

If Moss leaves, than the Pats WR's will look pretty bad. They already declined the option on Stallworth and who knows if he will re-sign at a reduced price. That will leave Welker, who will not be as nearly effective as he was last year because of the lack of vertical threats and will see many double teams. Another question to ask is whether Gaffney will re-sign? I hope so. As much as I love Chad Jackson, I wont get my hopes up that he can step in and do well right away. With that said, letting Moss go would be one of the dumbest moves in Patriots history. He puts up 23 TD's, what else do the Pats want? A couple years ago I was mad that the Pats wouldn't re-sign Branch and thought it was a bad move. For the time being, it was a bad move. But in the long run, it was a good move (they got Moss, Stallworth and Welker). Branch is nowhere near the talent level of Randy Moss. This year, its completely different. This is their most important decision of the offseason. Moss must stay a Patriot.

First, I apologize for my error "on not making the playoffs", it was a first round loss. I was in such shock I rushed to post (tho it was mentioned half a dozen times prior to your post). Secondly, Whitlock is freakin' nuts as is anyone else who is a Moss worshiper. Lets say the Pats replace Moss with Stallworth. Stallworth doesn't break the TD record but is a threat. Brady still has plenty of options and the Patriots do not even come close to losing 6 games, nor do they exit in the first round. Moss was not the sole reason the Patriots went undefeated for the season and he is not worthy of six losses if he leaves. He's a great reciever but to downgrade the team if he leaves is irresponsible. Just ask Ty Law, Willie McGinest, Adam Vineteiri, etc, etc.

Although I disagree that it would be all doom and gloom without Moss, you guys really need to stop referencing the 3 SB titles as evidence that the team can do fine without Moss. It isnt the same team and it isnt the same defense. Lets not forget Brady didnt carry those teams, he was part of the puzzle. There's been this very disturbing tendency by Pats fans to slowly give almost all the credit for those SBs to Brady. You regularly hear "Brady won 3 SBs without Moss" as if he did it by himself and was throwing a 100 QB rating out there. You would think it was Tom Brady and not Ty Law who got 3 interceptions against Manning. Those SB teams were carried just as much by their defense as they were by the offense, lets not rewrite history and claim Brady never needed great receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes