PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whither Maroney, or "What's with all the prithees?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
this sucks.....really it does

the team is 3-1 without a HOF QB playing, they lost the one game because they didnt play well on defense, yet everyone complains about the running game. maroney is fine, not every player on the pats is going to be the best ever at that position, just accept it. it really is not fun to post here anymore with all the negative comments that are just not necessary at all

To me it seems that it all went to hell after September 7th. I mean I know that was a bad day in all, but we are still a good team and have a lot of talent.

Give us a chance and we will surprise a lot of teams...

I recall LoMo's performance at Cincy during his rookie year. He unveiled the stiff arm that I thought would be his trademark. I turns out the Bengals just sucked.

I think Maroney is a solid NFL back. He'll have some good weeks, some bad weeks. He's injury prone, so his playing time some years will be limited. He's no Curtis Martin, but he's not awful either. If you're looking for an RB around whom to build your Offense, better get a plan B.

I agree, lets all sit in a big circle and hold hands.

We can talk about how perfect the Patriots are and sing happy songs.

Can we please start with "21 Bottles Of Beer"?

I think Maroney is a solid NFL back. He'll have some good weeks, some bad weeks. He's injury prone, so his playing time some years will be limited. He's no Curtis Martin, but he's not awful either. If you're looking for an RB around whom to build your Offense, better get a plan B.

Precisely. I think that subconsciously at least fans are comparing Maroney to top echelon RBs like Curtis Martin, whom he's clearly not equal, at least so far, and I don't think he'll ever be. So what. Others compare Cassel to Brady, Farve, or some fantasized vision of a has been vet backup in the NFL. Cassel is not that player.

Fortunately both Maroney and Cassel have upside potential. Whether they realize it or not remains to be seen. This season is exciting.

IMO, New England fans fell in love with the ideal of having a fresh new running back- one that was going to give them back a running game to offset the passing game. And, who could blame them? It's been a while.

However, just expecting Maroney to be that back might be liked to buying into a company without reading their financial report. Don't be surprised if it fails! Maroney has not really been healthy. It's this; it's that. Meanwhile, the Pats find themselves making substitutions and Pats fans start wondering where that running game/back is.

Maroney should be more than pleased with the amount of fan support that he has gotten, to date. Pats fans have been tooting his horn for years, using incomplete seasons as a measuring stick. However, his coupon book is now full! :eek:

The Pats need a running game and Maroney has not cemented himself into the plan, simply put. Could you blame the Pats if they drafted a running back? Honestly, I never counted on this guy to be that big back. In fact, he's rather small. Perhaps, that's part of the problem?

this sucks.....really it does

the team is 3-1 without a HOF QB playing, they lost the one game because they didnt play well on defense, yet everyone complains about the running game. maroney is fine, not every player on the pats is going to be the best ever at that position, just accept it. it really is not fun to post here anymore with all the negative comments that are just not necessary at all

You should start your own forum. You can talk about how great the pats are all day, and hold hands by the campfire! No negative Nancy's allowed : (

Last edited:
Official Website of the New England Patriots

Watch Patriots Football Weekly, the trash-talk segment focuses on Maroney.
Did they mention that rewatching the game it was clear he was favoring his right shoulder and took pains to protect it? He may not have been on the injury report, but he was still productive despite playing injured. I know many here want the next Emmitt Smith, but they can have the original on ESPN, look where that got him.

Did they mention that rewatching the game it was clear he was favoring his right shoulder and took pains to protect it? He may not have been on the injury report, but he was still productive despite playing injured. I know many here want the next Emmitt Smith, but they can have the original on ESPN, look where that got him.

The debate was more about the long term and if it was time to give up on him.

Andy Hart says three years is long enough to see he's not going to get it and the other guy (lol) was too much of a homer to get to the heart of Laurence's struggles. I agree, he was in on minimal carries on the off chance he could break a big one.

He'll likely start rifling the holes once he is back to 90% (I doubt these guys are ever 100% after game one). If the injury becomes a serious issue, I imagine he goes to IR and BJGE gets brought up.

The debate was more about the long term and if it was time to give up on him.

Andy Hart says three years is long enough to see he's not going to get it and the other guy (lol) was too much of a homer to get to the heart of Laurence's struggles. I agree, he was in on minimal carries on the off chance he could break a big one.

He'll likely start rifling the holes once he is back to 90% (I doubt these guys are ever 100% after game one). If the injury becomes a serious issue, I imagine he goes to IR and BJGE gets brought up.
His left shoulder was healthy enough to deck Takeo Spikes after the arm-bar interception. I figure with Morris and Jorden to carry the load for the time being, Maroney has time to heal his shoulder. I doubt they IR Maroney unless he re-injures the shoulder, given how he still was able to get decent yardage leading with his left I'll wait to see how it shakes out. The nice thing about having three guys who can take feature back reps, plus Faulk who leaves teams guessing when he's in there, and the Pats can manage things to keep Jorden and Maroney healthier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes