Welcome to PatsFans.com

Whither art thou, o illegal?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Who will pay for this?? U.S. taxpayers.

U.S. Can't Account for 600,000 Fugitives
    Mar 26 01:17 PM US/Eastern
    By BEVERLEY LUMPKIN
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Teams assigned to make sure foreigners ordered out of the United States actually leave have a backlog of more than 600,000 cases and can't accurately account for the fugitives' whereabouts, the government reported Monday.

The report by the Homeland Security Department's inspector general found that the effectiveness of teams assigned to find the fugitives was hampered by "insufficient detention capacity, limitations of an immigration database and inadequate working space."

Even though more than $204 million was allocated for 52 fugitive operations teams since 2003, a backlog of 623,292 cases existed as of August of 2006, the report said.

The number of illegal immigrants in the United States has been estimated at between 11.5 million and 12 million. About 5.4 percent of them are believed to be "fugitive aliens," those who have failed to leave the country after being ordered out.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O400T01&show_article=1

//

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The government does not want these people to leave, really. They just want you to think that. To the super rich in Congress and the executive branch, they are an important component of the economy, the ones who don't complain too much and work real cheap. They also don't cost as much relative to native-borns. Few Americans, in general, will think beyond the generation we're in right now. The New World Order includes the full implementation of NAFTA and the merging of the world economy. That's what is being carried out and there's little we can do about it now.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

America and double speak once again, on one hand they are addicted to cheap labor and on the other cannot come up with a policy for illegal immigration. If they want to know where they are, go to any temp agency in any city, check out any landscaping crew, check on any farm workers, go to New Orleans it is filled with illegals from Central America cleaning up mold.. it is not all that hard. The bottom line is that there are occasional raids, but more than anything else there is a very passive glance at this problem. The lack of leadership on both sides of the aisle is telling and the silence is deafening.

4. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

There's no lack of leadership. They know exactly what they're doing. Nancy Pelosi is the Speaker from California. You would think her constituents would be up in arms. Only when you realize that her "constituents" that matter are the ultra rich who don't want anything done about Illegal immigration will the picture become clear. Money talks,...game over.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +805 / 26 / -33

It is not a problem specific to Pelosi, it happened in the previous congress as well. There also has been no response from 1600 Penn ave, I do not blame some, I blame both sides and the president, for the inaction, and now the new election has started the pandering will only continue. I personally do not care what they do or what policy they adopt, just do something besides beat their breasts.

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

I'd say a portion does not want it to leave for these reasons, that's very legitimate. Also, there is an entire half that doesn't want it to leave for other reasons, primarily V-O-T-E-S.

??????????????????? :confused:

They don't cost much relative to what? That isn't even close to being true. 80% of illegals, IMO, are red ink. They are a taxpayer subsidized labor force for corporate, and elitist america. For every $8-10 an hour identity stealer, which would constitute what? Not even $20-25k a year in annual income, you and I provide medical, education, judicial services, police, fire, etc...All while having our own wages repressed. As soon as said illegal gives birth to an anchor baby, you do the math and tell me they are cost prohibitive in comparrison to you and I.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

Save for handful of principled conservatives from both sides of the isle, namely the GOP though, all others are scumbag sell-outs on this issue. The answer is cheap labor, and not illegal labor. The implementation of a guest worker program = problem solved. Of course though, guest workers don't mean future votes like Amnesty would.

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

This is a classic example of how GW is in no way, shape, or form, a conservative. He might be a neo-conservative which would be relfective of his war in Iraq (Afghanistan was a no brainer), but a fiscal or social conservative he is not. The problem with this issue is the alienation of the hispanic vote. The people, the AMERICAN people, by a long shot, want the border sealed, and illegals deported. I've posted the info and polls on this before.

9. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree. I only used the Pelosi thing because she ranks so highly and she's from Cali. We all know both "sides" are in on this re-alignment. That's why I constantly contend that there ARE no distinctions between the "2 sides" - they just want you to think that. The only two sides in America are the People and the government - the government being everyone who's rich, corporations, and the military establishment. The People being everyone else.

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I was referring to the cost to the ultra-rich. They don't pay taxes and the taxes they do pay don't matter to them personally. As long as they can still rake it in by employing illegals without paying any taxes meaningful to them, everything's fine.

Don't get me wrong...I hope to be one of them some day and I don't fault anyone for wanting to be loaded (booze or money). But don't let them fool you into thinking it's about taxes and the middle class suffering. The real reason for the suffering of the middle class, if you could call it "suffering" or the "middle class", is the wholesale exportation of manufacturing and other jobs by our own corporations. Who wants to do the jobs the illegals do? Answer: Nobody!

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 15 / -8

I love the term "fugitive illegal," not broken down into those deported for a crime, and those deported simply because they're caught being here.

It sounds like for the most part, we have trumped up a problem of "even illegaler aliens," based on the fact that we tried to kick 'em out, rather than missing them entirely.

Come on, call it what it is: people you lost track of.

PFnV

12. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree 100%. Your logic is tight, as usual.

Can't stand when the government manipulates language. Leave it ti someone who knows how to do it right.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

Say what? Who wants to work under the conditions, and for the pay the illegals worked for in that Fall River factory? They hired 300 replacements immidiately btw. When the feds raided that meat packing camp in Ohio (was it Ohio?) and nabbed 1,000+ people, they had a line out the door the next day filled with people looking for a job. Gimme a break. Illegals find work because people abuse them, they work for half, and because they are a subsidized workforce thanks to you an me. I bussed tables in college, worked as a janitor at a convience store in my teens, and worked at Kelly's while i was in college. Americans are willing to do anything for fair pay. Sure, there are undoubtedly a lot of lazies out there, but in general terms, that bit about americans not wanting to do work is a farce. Did you read about the conditions those illegals in Fall River were working under?

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

Um, being here illegally IS a crime.

15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,019 / 15 / -8

Right, RW, so basically you've just added "fugitive" to a term -- illegal aliens -- that already means "fugitive."

Since everybody knows this fact, the intent would seem to be to imply that they had, say, knocked over a liquor store, tried to assassinate the president, or fingered a nun on the subway. In fact, a "fugitive alien" means anybody they asked to leave - which means their "crime" is living here.

Hence my assessment - the term's a scare tactic, not much more.

PFnV

16. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Whatever your opinion of illegal aliens, RW, and whether it be right or wrong, you should recognize rhetoric when you see it.