Welcome to PatsFans.com

Whitewater ends.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by scout, Mar 21, 2006.

1. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/20/scotus.whitewater.tucker.ap/index.html
    After 7 years and 70 million dollars, the Whitewater episode has ended because the Supreme Court has refused to hear the case. This has got to be the longest running joke in congress. The Republicans went after Clinton as soon as they knew he would be a candidate for the Presidency. I still do not know what the purpose was other then to stop him as a candidate, which didn't work. The end result was, Clinton was impeached for lying under oath, not about Whitewater, but for having oral sex in the oval office. Its amazing that this will give a neocon a woody, but mention any deceit on Bush's part
    as it pertains to war, energy, the environment, or medicare, and they proclaim your a liberal moron. At least, history will remember what Whitewater was as well as Bush's presidency, and I am very glad to have voted Democrat during both of those eras.
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I have zero doubt that history will record the Whitewater investigation as an extremist witchhunt that resulted in almost nothing, except to expose how unAmerican (or priggish) the right-wing is. Whitewater was a waste of tax dollars, and I hope that the next president sues the Republican Party to get the money back.