PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

White throwbacks from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone have a white throwback jersey of any player? I got a Brady one off ebay..80 dollars...sewn on, authentic. Last time I looked in the online store and in the pro shop at the stadium itself, they didn't have any whatsoever of any player.

Also, any chance they wear these jerseys again?

Last edited:
Anyone have a white throwback jersey of any player? I got a Brady one off ebay..80 dollars...sewn on, authentic. Last time I looked in the online store and in the pro shop at the stadium itself, they didn't have any whatsoever of any player.

Also, any chance they wear these jerseys again?

I have a Mayo. I really like the whites but they probably won't wear them again unless they do it for their 75th anniversary or if the NFL does another AFL thing.

I would bet you that Jersey you bought on eBay is NOT Authentic in terms of on the field jersey authentic.

There are alot of copy cat sellers that will sew the numbers/letters on and sell it at a great price.

You could see a difference if you compared a fake from an authentic

I have a Brady one too off ebay was like 45 bucks. Are they wearing the red ones on thanksgiving vs the lions?

I have a Brady one too off ebay was like 45 bucks. Are they wearing the red ones on thanksgiving vs the lions?

Yea, but they will probably be the 85 version of them.

Yea, but they will probably be the 85 version of them.

Oh that's weird, would of liked to see the white throwbacks with red pants.

I would bet you that Jersey you bought on eBay is NOT Authentic in terms of on the field jersey authentic.

There are alot of copy cat sellers that will sew the numbers/letters on and sell it at a great price.

You could see a difference if you compared a fake from an authentic

This one is most likely authentic. I can't tell any difference between the ones worn on the field and this one.

I agree, though, there are people on ebay (usually with bad feedback) that will do that. One way to tell is the size of the numbers and the name on the back. I have a red Brady throwback (not the ones from last year...the 85 one) and I'm almost certain it's a fake (in that they don't wear it on the field) because of the way things are sewn on, but I only paid 40 bucks for it.

When something seems to good to be true, it almost certainly is. I've bought a lot of knock off jerseys and many of them are all but indistinguishable from the real thing unless you literally put one side by side with a true authentic. They come with the Reebok tags, holograms and everything.

In reality though, the odds of getting an actual authentic Tom Brady jersey, which is worth well over $200, for 80 bucks are slim to none.

Maybe, maybe, on a clear out. But I've never heard of Tom Brady jerseys needing to be cleared out. They tend to have no problem selling!

The odds are strongly, strongly, in favor of it being fake. But if it's a good fake, who cares! It was a hell of a deal!

Last edited:
When something seems to good to be true, it almost certainly is. I've bought a lot of knock off jerseys and many of them are all but indistinguishable from the real thing unless you literally put one side by side with a true authentic. They come with the Reebok tags, holograms and everything.

In reality though, the odds of getting an actual authentic Tom Brady jersey, which is worth well over $200, for 80 bucks are slim to none.

Maybe, maybe, on a clear out. But I've never heard of Tom Brady jerseys needing to be cleared out. They tend to have no problem selling!

The odds are strongly, strongly, in favor of it being fake. But if it's a good fake, who cares! It was a hell of a deal!

True. If it indeed is a fake, it looks just like the real thing and you would need to take a player's on the field jersey and compare the two. I've seen some obvious knock-offs on Ebay, even of the same jersey, where the lettering and numbers are off and in no way close to the on-the-field product.

Not to mention, the cheap painted on reebok jerseys cost 80 dollars at any sports place.

Off-topic...at the local Marshalls they had a Meriweather sewn on Reebok Jersey for 30 bucks as well as Moss when he was traded. The funny thing is, this was right after the "dirty" hit, so someone joked that the hit brought his stock down.

No...they will wear the whites....but the 1985 whites. Last years were early 60's whites.

No...they will wear the whites....but the 1985 whites. Last years were early 60's whites.

They wore their Reds last time on Thanksgiving, I don't expect any different this time.

Also, the uniform picture in the article shows whites are away...but they also show a picture the last time the Pats played the Lions on Thanksgiving (I was at that game) where Brady is in red. So, until we actually see them on Thanksgiving I haven't found any definitive information on which jersey will be worn (red or white).

I hope they wear the red jerseys...I am taking my 5yo son to his first game on Thanksgiving and we will both be wearing Brady red throwbacks (purchased of ebay). I spent $45 on my jersey which have sewn on numbers/name, which is certainly not the authentic...but I love the jersey given the price.

on 2002 @ DET they were with red unis, 1985 version

so probably they will be in red again also if i would like the white jersey and red paints next thursday

It never said they would wear them....don't get me wrong, I would like to see the whites though.

I know it didn't. I do remember reading somewhere that they will wear the whites on turkey day. It's all good.

Not to get off-topic...but I bought the painted on blue Brady jersey for a good price. Will any washing whatsoever of the shirt makes the numbers chip or disintegrate? I know you shouldn't put it in the drier, but can you wash it and let it air dry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back