Welcome to PatsFans.com

White House official admits plagiarism, resigns

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Feb 29, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And how many Dems in Clinton's White House had to resign in their 8 years??? How many pardons did Clinton give to criminals, 2 minutes before mid-night in his last day in office?? The list is staggering.

//

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

Oh my god someone else to blame for the rise in plagiarism in our nation's schools...

4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +559 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

I think you can blame the rise of plagarism on the internet (and as such, AL Gore (kidding)), but think about it, before the internet you didn't have the immeadiate access to all these school papers and newspapers. Hell you could probably finish college in a week now, if they didn't have that pesky plagarism program (they have some either database or search engine now, which they can check your work against the internet for plagarism (which is how all these people are getting caught).

For those of us who went to college pre-internet, their was an underground at every University, for term papers. Hell I even made money typing term papers.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

WOW! That's amazing and surprising......

You went to college?

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Bill Clinton, the most widely known president in history, the most viewed by people in America and around the world, by far the most well known U.S. president in history: he lies directly to the face of a grand jury, and people are supposed to now be shocked to see lower level folks engaging in less than forthright manner???? You weren't warned about this??? You don't remember this issue of bad example-setting when his impeachment was going on???!!

:wha:

Somebody's not paying attention to severely flawed leadership by presidents, and it ain't me.

//

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

NEMster, let's get real for a moment: what's to defend? If some morally challenged person decides that cheating is OK, there is no defense. There is no need to "debate" or "discuss" or waste precious time trying to "debunk" it. Wrong is wrong in this case. I'm not defending what this moral weakling did; I'm just saying that cherry-picking HIS crime needs to be put up along side of other crimes committed by other guys (and gals) in other administrations.

In other words, why try to make spin when the wheel goes in BOTH directions??? Kind of like being stuck in the sand or in snow. You flail away to go forward, and when that doesn't work you flail away in reverse, only to find you are just digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself. For every crime or moral breakdown in the Bush White House, we can find as many (if not more) break-downs in the Clinton and Carter, Johnson and Kennedy White Houses. Easily.

Once we start with the "politics of personal destruction" there is no end. It is full-time employment for those wishing to claim the "holier-than-thou" perch, a tender and shaky perch at that, doomed to snap and break eventually.

Instead, what we really need is a solid plank of absolute truth that will enable us to get out of the rut of spin and downward spiral in the trap of sand, snow, or muck.

//

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008