Welcome to PatsFans.com

"White Hispanic" involved in another shooting.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Hamar, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

This one's OK, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Watch how fast this thread dies out.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Obviously, based on that report, the guy should be charged. That's outrageous that he was not, but perhaps given the enormous amount of bigotry in the Arizona legal code directed at Hispanics, we should not be surprised. At any rate, there seems to be no rational reason for not bringing charges, even though Tea Partiers in Arizona are probably celebrating the death of a Hispanic. Perhaps the Trayvon Martin case will draw attention to the shoddy work local police sometimes do when it comes to crimes involving minorities.
  4. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1

I personally don't really care much about the whole race thing. I just thought it was interesting how some of the story sort of matched up with the Zimmerman shooting. Especially the fact that the shooter was not arrested. That fact seemed to be what everyone claimed the big deal was about Zimmerman.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Amazing how some folks have an issue with the concept of race, and cannot figure out that Hispanic is not a race, even though they want it to be..

This is basic sociology/anthropology fact and has been the accepted definition for a very long time.. our government accepts this defiinition as well, even before Obama..

Apparently the dead person was swinging a baseball bat at the shooter and his pregnant girlfriend.. sounds like a difficult decison for the police... perhaps there are problems with people carrying guns...

AZ gun laws questioned after deadly shooting - CBS 5 - KPHO

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

It really does not match up that well at all.. unless you believe what the American Thinker wants you to believe..
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Hard to understand why he would engage in shoot to kill, plus the evidence seems to suggest there was no baseball bat. It sounds like the black guy didn't just back up and get away from the scene. He had the protection of his car, but instead opted to engage the victim, which led to an escalation that led to an unnecessary death.
  8. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1

From what I understand there was no baseball bat or pipe. The guy did seem to swing his arm or fist at the shooter, but never actually touched him.
  9. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1

Not at all? The two involved were a black man and a "white hispanic" One was shot and killed. The one doing the shooting claimed that he thought the other had a weapon (sort of like treyvon had skittles) and the shooter claimed self defense and was not arrested even though (so far) no weapon was found and the eye witness said they saw no weapon.

That seems to at least qualify it as sort of similar.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +361 / 1 / -9

The shooter probably grew up "poor" and he may have been frustrated and felt as though the world was against him, I think we should all have a moment of silence and then a short prayer for him, f-ck the dead White Hispanic.
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +114 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Good post. I almost jumped on you on your earlier for dragging the tea party into it and saying they're probably celebrating Adkins death. If they're as racist as some claim then why aren't they calling for the shooters head? Everything isn't an excuse to make a dig like that. ok, done with my lecture:)

There are some parallels with the Martin case, especially with the no arrest. Also there's the self defense claim against an unarmed man.

With all the publicity the Martin case has received people are going to try and find boogymen in any case that is at all similar. Is the media treating it the same? Are the cops? Where's Al Sharpton? Where's the President? Where's Fox....MSNBC?
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I had to give Harry something to chew on.

Al Sharpton fights against racism directed at blacks. I think the Hispanic community lacks strong leaders. I don't know why that is. Whether you like Sharpton or not, he is a powerful voice on issues of racism. He does serve a purpose to those who believe that our society is unfair in terms of racism directed at blacks. The Trayvon Martin case has come to symbolize an inequity in our system. Obama was not smart to speak up about it, but he was obviously caught up like many of us in the tragedy. He probably felt in some ways that he could have been Trayvon Martin. He identified in some ways with the young man, perhaps even because of his experiences dealing with racism directed at him by many Tea Partiers (the tasteless jokes, the racist signs, etc.).

The media will pick up on this story if the Hispanic (or some other) community picks up on it. To me, this case is as bad as the Trayvon Martin case, unless there's information we don't know. If I was in a car, and some lunatic started threatening me, I'd back up and get away, keep my windows closed, use my cellphone, and if I had a gun, maybe I would let it make an appearance to try to dissuade the lunatic. I cannot imagine the scenario where the victim needed to be killed. It sounds like it's another example of the horrific stand your ground mentality. The NRA is truly out of control, and innocent people are dying because of them.
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

So it seems the conservatives Tea Partiers in AZ have the same standards for a black man in AZ as for Zimmerman in Fl, as opposed to the Lib MSM, Obama and the justice brothers who havea double standard.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Where's the double standard? Whose defending the black guy? Sharpton's focus is on racism directed at the black community. Perhaps he should get involved in this issue as well, but it doesn't seem any more likely that he'll do that than Tea Party leaders will speak out about racism directed at blacks.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

The double standard is that if the races in this case were reversed, (ie a black guy was shot by a 'White hispanic') it would be going 24/7 om the lib cable networks, Obama would be weighing in and the justice borthers would be organizing protest that threathening violence if an indictment wasn't forthcoming.

The conservatives are treating thsi case the same as the Martin case and ignoring the race of the participants....
  16. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Great point and you're right, they don't have a spokesperson who'd garner them any attention, not only for this case but in general as well. Interesting, like you said I wonder why that is? Maybe Hispanics don't feel a pressing need to revolt-most I know are extremely hard working, most work at least 2 jobs-keywords 'at least'. Most send money home. Maybe they don't have the time to 'organize'?
  17. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

If a black guy was shot by a white Hispanic, people involved in the cause of racism directed at blacks would be involved. This is no different than the Tea Party's exaggerated claims about crimes by illegal aliens. That's their issue. They are not involved in issues of racism directed at minorities, but they are very active on the anti-Hispanic front, even supporting laws that single out people simply because of their race, on the off-chance that they are illegal. You're not pretending that the Arizona law is directed at German, Norwegian, and French immigrants, are you? The conservatives never ignore race--whether they're ranting about black on black crime, black on white crime, Hispanics committing crimes, worries about whites breeding at lower numbers, and so on. You yourself have written posts on many of these issues.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +365 / 8 / -3

#11 Jersey

National Council of La Raza | Take Action

About HLN
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +128 / 7 / -13

The behavior of conservatives in the two cases has been consistent the behavior of the libs has been two faced, deflect all you want about the stereotypes you believe in but the facts are clear.
  20. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I think there are a variety of factors. One is that the threat of being deported always looms for many of them if they were to risk being outspoken. Another is that they are newer immigrants who may not yet be as comfortable with the language and customs of American politics. Another is that alcoholism is quite rampant and more socially acceptable in the Hispanic communities, which keeps them down. I think people always have time to organize. Let's not forget that the American labor movement was born out of a working population that worked 72 hour weeks. I also think the black community faced unheard of racism, so was forced to organize, so you still have many people who were brought up and inspired by the success of the Civil Rights movement. I think the Hispanic community really needs a Sharpton given the increase in laws clearly directed at discriminating against them.