PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whining will be LdT's legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you sort of have to just do the math. First, you have to take into account the possibility of failing on one-point kick after touchdown. I think those are made about .965 of the time. Then you have to take into account your chances of winning in overtime. I don't know what Shanahan thought those chances were. Let's say he thought it was 50/50. That means if you decide to kick there, your chances of winning are about 48.25 percent.

If you think you have a play that has a better than 48.25 percent chance of success on the two point conversion, it seems like the right call to me. If I remember correctly, Denver also had at least one time out left. So, you have to also add in the possibility of recovering an onside kick and getting a field goal. Admittedly, that's a low probability, but they still would have that option and it's worth something if they fail to convert, and it's part of the math (there is a corresponding possibility that you have to take into account on the other side, if you go for one point and miss, you can still onside kick, but this is a much smaller number).

Now, if an honest assessment would have said the chances of converting the two-point conversion was closer to 40 percent, and if Shanahan did it anyway because of his "gut," I have no use for a coach like that. No thanks -- the fact that it worked out notwithstanding.

When I heard Shanahan did that on his gut (or as he alternatively stated the defense could not get a stop and he did not want to risk the game outcome on the coin toss), I immediately flashed back to two or three years ago when he repeatedly onside kicked because his defense could not come close to stopping the Colts. Sad.

Last edited:
LdT missed practice again today. I wonder how hurt he really is.

I don't know, every time I see LT he looks and sounds a little ******ed to me. At the very least he is a little slow. It reminds me of that ESPN commercial with the guy who talked out of his ass.

The problem with LT's comment is that, again, it shows ignorance.

1) The officals are held accountable. They are all scored. Hercules will be downgraded - much to my liking as he seems to get respect just for his pecks.

2) The ignorance of his "classy" comment was that Merriman's sack dance isn't respectful or classy. So someone doing it isn't disrespectful. I remember players doing the Fred Sanford dance of Bruce Smith when they sacked Jim Kelly.

As far as bashing him for being on the sideline: LT has been an MVP running back. You don't become that unless you take many hits, every game over every year. Of course, he has played hurt in the past. We'll see what he has left now, but I wouldn't fault his toughness over his career. I'd fault him for saying stupid things.

"A tough way to lose" said Ladainian Tomlinson, who was held to 26 yards with a bad toe. "The officials should be accountable."

FOX Sports on MSN - Mark Kriegel - Chargers' woe-is-us act wearing thin

Why does this guy sit out EVERY single preseason game?

I know the main goal is to make sure your players don't get injured in these preseason games, but at the very least, one would think he needs to get his feet wet for a few series or so.

The guy's a softy, that's for sure.

Why does this guy sit out EVERY single preseason game?

I know the main goal is to make sure your players don't get injured in these preseason games, but at the very least, one would think he needs to get his feet wet for a few series or so.

File that application for a head coaching job and get er done!

The guy's a softy, that's for sure.

7 years, 10,700 yards. Yeah. Soft. For sure.

he's usually right, but its so ridiculously funny to watch

His reputation should and will be as one of the greatest running backs of all time. The guy is an amazing player.

If we're concerned about legacies (and I am not at all), I think BB's is far more tarnished than LDT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes