PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whining will be LdT's legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally thought it was funn y to see him standing on the sidelines...again...

At least he did it with a lot of class.:D

Kriegel's argument is moronic. The Chargers were 'tough enough' to win the game. They had the game won when they recovered Cutler's fumble. The official screwed them, and admitted he blew the call.

For this play and this game, I agree with LT.
It was a terrible call and if that was the PATS, we would all be pissed off

Kriegel's argument is moronic. The Chargers were 'tough enough' to win the game. They had the game won when they recovered Cutler's fumble. The official screwed them, and admitted he blew the call.

They still had a chance to stop Denver from scoring. Couple of 'em actually. Whining begets a loser mentality, which is why Bill will not allow it here. Life is full of tough breaks, it's whether or not you are mentally tough enough to overcome them that makes the difference in succeeding or failing.

And hey, maybe they should have shown up to play a little sooner and taken the refs as well as the opponent out of the equation... that has also been a recurring theme for the Chargers.

Borges is right - essentially saying to the JETS if you fail to learn from the past you are doomed to repeating the same mistakes.

Hate to say it, but I have to actually agree with Tomlinson here too. The game shouldn't be won on a blown call. But at least the referees were classy in blowing the call.

I personally thought it was funn y to see him standing on the sidelines...again...

At least he did it with a lot of class.:D

I was hoping to be the first one with a 'class' reference. O well too slow I guess

Hate to say it, but I have to actually agree with Tomlinson here too. The game shouldn't be won on a blown call. But at least the referees were classy in blowing the call.

In all fairness to the Bronco's, Shanahan gave them the opportunity to STOP them on the TD and the incredibly STUPID idea of going to two rather than for the tie.

I understand it was a bad call and I'd be pissed off too, but please - they still had two shots to stop the Bronco's and failed.

That's the bottom line: They Failed to stop the Bronco's from scoring - They can blame the ref's all they want, but the ref's don't play LB or SS.

Last edited:
They still had a chance to stop Denver from scoring. Couple of 'em actually. Whining begets a loser mentality, which is why Bill will not allow it here. Life is full of tough breaks, it's whether or not you are mentally tough enough to overcome them that makes the difference in succeeding or failing.

And hey, maybe they should have shown up to play a little sooner and taken the refs as well as the opponent out of the equation... that has also been a recurring theme for the Chargers.

Borges is right - essentially saying to the JETS if you fail to learn from the past you are doomed to repeating the same mistakes.

Sorry, but if you watched the game, you know that the Chargers were screwed on two officiating calls, not just one. I'm not saying that the Chargers are mentally tough:

See post #13:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/74909-what-happened-lawimpian-tomlinsons-heart.html#post754837

just that using last night as any sort of an example is beyond ridiculous.

The only reason why I see where the author is coming from on this is because Cutler's fumble wasn't forced. The Chargers didn't personally do anything to earn the victory, the Broncos just handed them the game and then got bailed out by the ref. If Cutler hadn't committed that fumble (which was nothing to do with the Chargers) then the Broncos would have won anyway. Yes the Chargers should have won and yes they got screwed, but I think one of the main reasons they ended up losing is because they are the type of team to dwell on how get screwed over rather than to suck it up and focus on stopping the Broncos like they would have had to do in the first place. The fact that the ref blew the call and the Chargers should have won doesn't mean they deserved to.

Last edited:
Horrible call, but...

...The scoreboard still read SD 38, DEN 31 at the conclusion of the play.

...The Chargers defense allowed the Broncos to score a touchdown on 4th down, AND allowed a two-point conversion with the same play with the same receiver both times.

Despite the miscall the Chargers still could've put the game away and they didn't. Much like they didn't put away the Panthers last week. Hard to sympathize with a team that gave up 39 points on defense.

as BB said in SB 39 . "Do your job and move on to the next play". Every charger fan has right to be angry and iam sure if the pats were at the end of this we would too. But shanahan gave them a chance . he converted on 3rd and 10 and then converted on a 2 pointer. in my opinion the PI calls the broncos got in the AFC div game were far worse since they just put the ball on the 1 yard line. broncos made the needed plays in this particular case and won.

Horrible call, but...

...The scoreboard still read SD 38, DEN 31 at the conclusion of the play.

...The Chargers defense allowed the Broncos to score a touchdown on 4th down, AND allowed a two-point conversion with the same play with the same receiver both times.

Despite the miscall the Chargers still could've put the game away and they didn't. Much like they didn't put away the Panthers last week. Hard to sympathize with a team that gave up 39 points on defense.

Given that they "gave up 39 points on defense" because of horrible officiating, it's not hard to sympathize at all.

It was not "stupid" for Shannahan to go for 2. Most probably he felt that his best weapon vs SD was his O. Probably felt that his D, not that effective, was geting tired. Why let the pure chance of a coin flip strongly influence the OT winner? He's won SBs and has proven to be an elite NFL coach, FAR better than all but a very few.

Last edited:
Count me as being in the camp that this is one where some whining is in order. Granted, the Chargers didn't do themselves any favors giving up 31 points, then couldn't hold the line on those two plays to give the Broncos the lead. But in a game where your team had done enough to win it were it not for a referee's blown call, I'd be mighty pissed as well.

Tomlinson will whine in the future, and we can all knock him then...but for one day I give him a pass because the players on the field wrapped that game up, and yet a second chance was given due to poor refereeing.

Given that they "gave up 39 points on defense" because of horrible officiating, it's not hard to sympathize at all.

I still don't feel bad for them. It's the Chargers, after all. But you did remind me of the Champ Bailey play that they couldn't review because the equipment wasn't working. That was unacceptable. I know I would be bull****ting if that happened to the Pats.

But they had nothing to do with the fumble. Had Cutler not inexplicably dropped it, that defense would have most likely been responsible for 38/9 points anyway. Horrible officiating had nothing to do with how weak that defense looked. And I agree they got robbed, but they still let the Broncos all the way into their redzone yet again, and the Broncos should have scored yet again if it weren't for a mindless unforced mistake.

The call was what it was - it was horrible. They should have won the game there.

They also had not one but two plays where a stop would have won the game after that. They didn't get it done.

I still don't feel bad for them. It's the Chargers, after all. But you did remind me of the Champ Bailey play that they couldn't review because the equipment wasn't working. That was unacceptable. I know I would be bull****ting if that happened to the Pats.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that the Chargers are mentally tough. I'm saying that the writer choose a piss poor game to use as his example. The Chargers lost THE PARTICULAR GAME IN QUESTION because they got completely screwed by the officials, not because they weren't tough enough.

Last edited:
Yes, agree. People pay more attention to the last play of the game, but it was one of a LOT of plays run in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes