PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

While, we won the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinielaBox

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
In reality, we probably deserved to lose this game. Buffalo certainly deserved a better result. I thought the whole team was flat and we had to grind out a narrow victory.

Neither the defense or offense distinguished themselves. Brady had a poor day and I blame a lot of it on receivers not getting open out there. We did a nice job running the ball and I suppose we will build off this strength. The defense bounced back in the second half and managed to keep Buffalo off the board and provided the margin of victory with a safety.

The offense successfully ran the clock out and preserved a tougher than expected victory. Buffalo is a rivalry game and this game took on that characteristic. I guess this game serves as a wakeup call for the Patriots. In that sense, today was a good day.

We didn't deserve to lose. We played better over 60 minutes. We need to play better, for sure, but we were the better team and would have won by more if we didn't sit on the ball at the end. Don't confuse needing to play better with deserving to lose against this opponent.

BelichickFan said:
We didn't deserve to lose. We played better over 60 minutes. We need to play better, for sure, but we were the better team and would have won by more if we didn't sit on the ball at the end. Don't confuse needing to play better with deserving to lose against this opponent.

I was not terribly impressed with the Patriots today. They looked like a 6 and 10 team out there holding serve against a 3 and 13 team. I sure believe the Patriots are capable of playing much better than this. They better.

QuinielaBox said:
I was not terribly impressed with the Patriots today. They looked like a 6 and 10 team out there holding serve against a 3 and 13 team. I sure believe the Patriots are capable of playing much better than this. They better.
That's fine. But don't say they deserved to lose - because they didn't.

QuinielaBox said:

Every team is capable of playing better, it was the first game. The Jets better watch out, I'm guessing the team will be pretty fired up after the lectures that will take place this week.

I wasn't a member of this board last year so I'm sorry but I have to ask.

Is it usually this doom and gloom in here after the Patriots win?

Deserved to lose? Even with the good play of the Bills in the first half they fumbled 3 times and were lucky enough to recovery all of them. Like BF said, I never knew games were decided in the 1st half.

Good teams find ways to win. That was an ugly sloppy game, but the better team won. The line was bad in protection for the 1st half, and Brady was off and we still won. I would think that would be encouraging. We know the Oline is good, and we know Brady is great. How often do you think they will play that poorly?

Last edited:
QuinielaBox said:
In reality, we probably deserved to lose this game.
In reality, we scored more points than the Bills, gained more yards, controlled the ball longer, and when the game was on the line, kept the ball for the last six + minutes. I think the team that deserved to lose the game did in fact lose the game.

If we only play one good half in games and one bad half, we will end up going 9-7 or 10-6, like 2002/2005.

If we play with consistent effort and show the heart of a champion, we will go 13-3.

jaychamp said:
I wasn't a member of this board last year so I'm sorry but I have to ask.

Is it usually this doom and gloom in here after the Patriots win?

There is always a few people.

Most of us are happy we won, but understand we need to improve.

QuinielaBox said:
In reality, we probably deserved to lose this game. Buffalo certainly deserved a better result. I thought the whole team was flat and we had to grind out a narrow victory.

Neither the defense or offense distinguished themselves. Brady had a poor day and I blame a lot of it on receivers not getting open out there. We did a nice job running the ball and I suppose we will build off this strength. The defense bounced back in the second half and managed to keep Buffalo off the board and provided the margin of victory with a safety.

The offense successfully ran the clock out and preserved a tougher than expected victory. Buffalo is a rivalry game and this game took on that characteristic. I guess this game serves as a wakeup call for the Patriots. In that sense, today was a good day.

I don't necessarily agree with your choice of words, but I agree with your premise. The Pats played poorly on both lines. Credit to Buffalo for a decent game-plan. I can't say if it was the Patriots experience or the Bills lack thereof that finally concluded this game in favor of New England - but I'll take it either way.

Kudos to McDaniels for adjusting at half-time and Brady for not succumbing to the pressure. Ugly win, but a win.

...and to take a line from one of my favorite movies, "deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back