Welcome to PatsFans.com

While we are arguing about Foley what else is going on....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Oct 5, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

I have always contended that during a Foley situation, so much attention is diverted to him, Hastert and who said what,where and who else is to blame we often miss the other news is often missed. Some of the other stuff we might want to think about and not miss:

-Dow at an all time high

-Military deaths are very high in Iraq this week, I believe 21 have died since Sunday

-Frontline had an excellent program last night about the problems in the provinces of bordering Pakistan and Afghanistan, the focus was on our friend against terror, Pakistan, has allowed a lot of the madrassas in the eastern provinces to produce a whole bunch more Taliban and Al Quaeda. All the while Musharraf was defending his actions or inactions.

-Bush said that the Iraq war would be remembered as a "Comma" when history is written.

- It was confirmed that, despite her initial denial, that a meeting did take place between Condaleeza and Tenet and this administration was warned about a possible pending strike by terrorists.

-5 little girls were killed by a sick **** in Penn., Fred Phelps and his deranged Westboro Baptist crew were going to picket their funeral, but instead a local talk show gave him some airtime and spared the amish families more pain.

I am sure there is a whole bunch more, but maybe the Foley story is a comma separated by the above events...instead of vice versa.
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

You left out the report that we had killed the new leader of Al Queda in Iraq yesterday. ;)
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Wasn't that later discounted??
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

I'm refering to LA Madji (SP) oin Iraq not OBL. They think the guy is dead and are running DNA test to confirm.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

GUNS:
    All teachers that have had a thorough background check (including sexual preferance) that teach school in the United States should be made to carry a concealed weapon, if they are anti gun or if they refuse they should not be considered for the position of school teacher in the "New America".

The "Nut Killer" can now enter a classroom in America's schools with a rifle and shoot your children dead and the teacher has to hide under the desk, the only way the teacher can "fight back" is to throw his ruler at them.

ARM AMERICA'S TEACHERS BEFORE XMAS
    CASTRATE ALL PEDOPHILES BEFORE XMAS
    THE WORLD IS CHANGING, FIGHT BACK

JESUS IS COMING :rocker:
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Well Al Masri recently claimed in a letter that we had killed 4,000 AlQueda members in Iraq probably low balling the number the more dead terrorist the better as far as I'm concerned.