Welcome to PatsFans.com

While Obama Attends Fundraisers We Had A Russian Sub in the Gulf

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 14, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

While Obama golfs and attends a record amount of fundraisers (203rd to date since announcing re-election) ... we had a Russian nuclear attack sub in the Gulf for a month undetected.

http://freebeacon.com/silent-running/

But we'll worry about Romney fundraisers ... a more serious threat to national security.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

These last few weeks are more proof as to why it must suck donkey b@lls to run for POTUS here.

The public's attention can be honed like a laser on who you meet, how much you make, how much you pay etc etc etc - more or less the things that don't mean much.

All the while, a former adversary parks an attack sub with enough firepower to turn the Eastern third of the country into a waste land......

Mrs. Warren is right about one thing in her ads......we need to get our priorities straight.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

Maybe he was busy meeting with his jobs council or working with h Ried on getting a budget through the senate?
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +296 / 6 / -5

Clearly Obama's fault. If only he had been in the White House, this would have never happened :confused:
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

I think the point is that Obama has been fundraising and not the job the American people are paying rather well to do.

The Navy should be concerned about an Akula running around the Gulf undetected for a month. In the past we could easily track them (through 80-90's).
  6. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +296 / 6 / -5

Is that the point? If Obama was in the White House, do you really think this wouldn't have occurred? Do you think Obama would have been flying over the Gulf of Mexico looking for Russian subs?

Maybe the reason this happened is because Russia isn't much of a threat to us anymore, and rightly or wrongly we're not as diligent as we used to be?
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

Read my post slowly, Perhaps the defense cuts have hampered the Navy's developing the technology needed to deal with Russian advances in sub stealth?

I don't know that or claim it of course.

Back to the thread why hasn't Obama met with his "jobs Council" this year with unemployment still above 8% and the U6 number ~12%?

What could Obama be doing that is more important?
  8. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

[​IMG]
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

There haven't been any defense cuts....

He met with his jobs council and they made recommendations, which were shared with congress who then voted on the affordable care act for the 33rd time..

This points to the need for real campaign reform, there is too much money at stake.. read somewhere that the Koch Bros. alone either have contributed more money than McCain did in the last election.

If he did not fundraise, there would not be an election.. that is the state of american politics.
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

The thing with the sub was posed as a hypothetical as I stated in my post, try to read sometime.

Why hasn't he met with his jobs council even once?
  11. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +296 / 6 / -5

What defense cuts?

Maybe the officer in charge of Gulf surveillance was too busy eating a cheeseburger to notice the infiltration? I don't know that or claim it of course.

At this point, anything. You and I both know the GOP has no interest whatsoever in boosting the economy before November.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +114 / 7 / -10

Spin deflect rinse repeat.

BTW so if he wins but the pubs hold the house of reps he isn't going to do anything like he has for the past 2 years?

WOW .great reason to re elect him.
  13. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +296 / 6 / -5

I'll ask you again: what defense cuts?

And perhaps you hadn't noticed, but Obama already produced a plan that would create 1.9mm new jobs. You'll also notice that it hasn't gone anywhere, because as Beaker said the #1 GOP priority is making Obama a one-term president.

What have Republicans come up with to boost the economy? What have they been doing since 2010, aside from wasting 1.3b on the debt ceiling debacle and 50m on trying to overturn Obamacare 20 plus times?
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The lack of information on this, and seeing that it comes from a right wing blog.. is this one of those things that sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Find this whole scenario very hard to believe.. perhaps it has something to do with the geographical boundaries and what is considered the Gulf Of Mexico, but on second thought do not believe it.
  15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

LOL ... I sent Drudge a message that he missed this story and it's up there now. :americaflag:
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

It's coming, we will be hit again, our enemy knows that Obama and his gang of liberal "love people" are trying to make believe we all live in "The Land Of Oz" someday when our Security Forces and our politicians are all out chasing butterflys they will slaughter another 3 or 4 thousand of us.

You Can Bet On It.
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +296 / 6 / -5

Amazing that he'd miss such an important story.
  18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Jury is still out on this one ... but I posted it anyways because it is thought it is a story that was geared towards blunting the defense cuts. It's actually more of a story of the cuts and Obama's image on the campaign trail. romney has a decided advantage there - he is not running the country. yeah Obama is not either on the micro level but perception is everything as we remember with all the Bush vacation stories.

Military is going to be the hardest and most difficult budget problem of all so we'll see what happens. supposedly Obama is sitting on sending out the pink slips until after the election.

I can see where the pink slips will hurt local economies - I remember well the closing of Quonset here in Rhode Island which took years to recover from. However ... we have many troops overseas in foreign countries where they are not needed anymore. Troops located since the end of WWII. don't see why the pink slips cannot start there ...

Expecting more stories like this to come out before the election.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -9

Moonbats despise the military.
  20. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +296 / 6 / -5

Sequestration cuts are set to occur on 1/1/2013. I'm still waiting for PF13 to identify the defense cuts he believes could have led to this incident.

I do find it rich how employment effects of reductions in federal spending are unimportant except when they relate to the military.

I also think it's somewhat indefensible to say we need to balance the budget, but only on the backs of the poor and elderly. As for the wealthy and the military, that gravy train will keep on a' rollin'.