Welcome to PatsFans.com

Which young Patriot will catch the most passes in 2010?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Jun 25, 2010.

?

Which young Pat will catch the most passes in 2010?

Poll closed Jul 9, 2010.
  1. Edelman

59.6%
  2. Gronkowski

6.4%
  3. Hernandez

27.7%
  4. Price

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tate

6.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

Not counting the veterans, of course, I see five young receivers who are essentially guaranteed roster spots:

Edelman
    Gronkowski
    Hernandez
    Price
    Tate

Which of them do you think will have the most catches this year? I think you could make a reasonable argument for almost any of them.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Edelman is the obvious choice, barring injury. However, I've heard Tate is progressing nicely so I wouldn't discount him.
  3. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't think there are any obvious choices, to tell you the truth.
    Hernandez will be in the offense more often and he is projected to be a receiving type TE. Where as Edelman will have to beat out Holt for a starting position on the other side of Moss. Not that he couldn't but I think I like Holt over Edelman right now
  4. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +229 / 1 / -2

I think Edelman, mostly because for every week that Welker is out, there's a very good chance Edelman catches six balls just by the nature of where we'd use him. As such, he may build up a lead in the first few weeks and coast from there.

Honestly though, I'd be happier if they all have about the same number. Would bode very well for the versatility of the offense if five young receivers each chip in with 20-30 catches while Moss gets his 80, Welker his 100 (or prorated equivalent), and Holt chips in with 50. My math may be way off on what's possible, but you get the idea.
  5. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +181 / 4 / -5

Fixed it for you. :D
  6. Isaac

Isaac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great poll question. This influx of young pass-catchers is among the most enjoyable/optimistic aspects of this offseason. However, I have no idea, so I won't vote, lol.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +900 / 18 / -25

No Jersey Selected

Being second year players, I don't think Edelman or Tate should be included. Based on what we saw from Edelman last year and what Brady has said about Tate, is pretty obvious that they'll probably haul in more catches than anybody else on this list if their health holds up.

Out of everone else, I'll say Gronk. I've been on record as saying that Hernandez will have a good rookie year, but I think Gronk is going to be a big red zone target. On top of that B.O.B. has said he wants to use the TE's more in the passing game. If that's the case, expect Gronk to get targeted moe. On top of that, if Welker misses any time, Brady needs someone to go to over the middle for the tough catches. That would be Gronk as well.
  8. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm going to take Hernandez as I think he will lead the Pats TE's in receptions and yards. In addition, I think he will be used like the Colts use Dallas Clark.

Like the some other poster said, Edelman still has to beat out Holt (I still think he has something left in the tank) and will take a back seat when Welker returns. Also, if Tate is that talented, the Pats will find a way to get him involved as well.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  9. Rex Ryan's Gut

Rex Ryan's Gut Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gotta be Edelman, the Welker clone.
  10. Raymond

Raymond Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I picked Edelman, for the same reason.....familarity with Brady and waiting for Wes.

But it would be nice to see a new guy step up, because we already know Julian can catch some. He had 11 catches when Wes was out week 2-3.
  11. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

with welker, out for the first few games i think Edelman, will end the year with the most rec on the team
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.