PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which WR's after Moss, Welker and Aiken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewis suffers from the #17 jersey number syndrome which makes you play below average.

Chad Jackson was the original and has now passed the torch

Don't be surprised to see Galloway cut. BB is in wide receiver heaven this year, and Galloway hasn't shown much. There's a possibility Edelman could end up on IR too. He was dinged up, a good enough excuse to stash him away for next year.

Don't be surprised to see Galloway cut. BB is in wide receiver heaven this year, and Galloway hasn't shown much. There's a possibility Edelman could end up on IR too. He was dinged up, a good enough excuse to stash him away for next year.

That would be a great way to stunt Edelman's development as a player.

It's hard to call. Galloway got a lot of work early on as the 2nd or 3rd guy in, but didn't impress much. Lewis has been doing mop-up duty, but looked okay last night and blocks well. But Nunn, Aiken, and Edelman have all looked good.

There's always a chance BB keeps seven. Slim, but not impossible.

I don't think Edelman is banged up enough to throw him to IR for the season. But who knows what's really going on with him OR Welker.

I think Belichick might keep the young guys, and choose between Lewis and Galloway. And I think he might prefer Lewis, who relies less on speed than Galloway. If Galloway's out of gas, he's useless to the team because he can't play a downfield stretch-the-D role.

I'm gonna say Moss, Welker, Lewis, Nunn, Edelman, Aiken.

Aiken is the special team captain and a lock.
=================================
I have it as
Lewis (the perfect #4 and a solid special teamer)
Galloway (the experienced speed guy)
Edelman or Nunn (both are returners) My choice is Edelman.

I find your opinions to be the most puzzling of anyones on this forum. I am not putting you down or name calling you,I have no personal gripe with you or anything. It just seems like everytime I read something I disagree with I look up and see your name. Fascinating.

Anywho , Any one that watched that game last night and didnt "pop some stitches in their britches" over Nunns performance boggles my mind. I aint aching to cut Aiken, but I'll have none of cutting Nunn.

That one handed catch by Nunn was awesome

Any chance of stashing Nunn away on IR for the season? :p

Agree. Cut Galloway, trade TE to Eagles for Feely and Reggie Brown.

Galloway would be a tough cut. I am not convinced that Galloway can run the routes to fit into the Pats system, so I wouldn't be shocked.

Rotoworld had something up about how Feeley would be packaged with Reggie Brown. I wonder if the Pats would make a deal that would involve Brown and possibly cut Galloway.

(not saying that Brown is better than Galloway or anything, just throwing that out there)

I hear what you are saying... but BB's reference to not knowing if Lewis and McGowan are playing for a spot on the roster kinda made me double-take. I can't believe an NFL head coach would lie to the media... would they... ???

I think Tom Brady's roster spot is pretty safe. Not 100%, but pretty safe. :D

After that, with Belichick, who the hell knows. The man cut Bernie Kosar in his own hometown, LOL. He's ruthless. No one should feel secure, no matter what he does or doesn't say in the media...

Any chance of stashing Nunn away on IR for the season? :p

I'd rather see him hit the waiver wire on the chance that we get him to the PS than see him get IRed. In the former case, he might be able to contribute this year, and in the latter he wouldn't be able to.

I hear what you are saying... but BB's reference to not knowing if Lewis and McGowan are playing for a spot on the roster kinda made me double-take. I can't believe an NFL head coach would lie to the media... would they... ???

Not in the way that he did last night - basically calling out the question and saying "well I wouldn't say either of those 2 guys is fighting for a roster spot". As far as I'm concerned, that makes those 2 guys locks.

And I think if Galloway was going to be cut, it probably would have happened last week.

That means Nunn is the odd man out unless he can grab Slater's spot as a special teamer.

Not in the way that he did last night - basically calling out the question and saying "well I wouldn't say either of those 2 guys is fighting for a roster spot". As far as I'm concerned, that makes those 2 guys locks.

What BB did was not allow the press to say who was on the bubble and who wasnt,I wouldnt read anything else into that.

Belichick is fully capable of bald-faced lies to the media. Here there is no reason to lie.

McGowan is our #3 safety. He will start if either Sanders or Meriweather can't suit up. he's a fine special teamer. He is a lock.

There are many folks who want Lewis cut. None work for the patriots. Those who want him cut are posters and families of some of the other wide receivers. Belichick has many times praised the contributions of Lewis. He has been a reasonable receiver on the field, although he doesn't need to show all that much to be the #4 receiver. Aiken was #4 last year and Aiken is still here. Lewis is a solid and important special teamer and will make the team.

Of course, the issue for posters is that many want to make room for TWO young developmental binkie wide receivers who are also returners. We don't NEED even one on the team. HOWEVER, it is useful for the future for the patriots to develop a young receiver. I do believe that either Edelman or Nunn will make the squad. For both to make the team, they need Galloway to be cut. While that could happen, but I really don't think it will.

as a great coach once said "It is what it is". My roster for the last three weeks has been almost identical to that of mayo and patchick and has differred from Reiss in only the last two roster spots. The last two spots actually matter little since Belichick will likely add a couple of players from other teams in the next two weeks.

Nunn is no different than past WR's like Childress. He is a 2nd half wonder in the preseason. That usually leads to Practice Squad.

Apparently you would reluctantly cut the special teams captain so that you can keep a #6 receiver. Different strokes for different folks. However, I just can't see it.

Nunn could get the final roster spot instead of an additional linebacker or special teamer, but I strongly doubt it.

The bottom line is that playing well against scrubs in the second half of preseason games does not usually win you a roster spot.

I find your opinions to be the most puzzling of anyones on this forum. I am not putting you down or name calling you,I have no personal gripe with you or anything. It just seems like everytime I read something I disagree with I look up and see your name. Fascinating.

Anywho , Any one that watched that game last night and didnt "pop some stitches in their britches" over Nunns performance boggles my mind. I aint aching to cut Aiken, but I'll have none of cutting Nunn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes