Welcome to PatsFans.com

Which was worse - Losing Brady for the season or losing last years Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its a question I had to ask,I think we were all depressed and saddened and shocked over losing the Super Bowl the last game of the season obviously and now we are all shocked,saddened and depressed (at least this week and for awhile ahead) on losing our franchise QB in the first game into the season.

Which is or was worse for you to go through as a Pats fan as of today?

For those who say 'of,course its losing the Super Bowl because its the biggest prize you can win in sports',remember it was pure fun for 18 weeks so not as easy of a question as it seems.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  2. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Loosing Tom is the worst.
  3. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Last year was last year. This is bad Now.
  4. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Would you rather get kicked in the left nut or the right nut?
  5. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didn't think it could get any lower after the superbowl.

I was wrong. Watching Brady on the ground was worse than the super bowl. I would much rather watch the plax catch over and over than watch Brady grabbing his knee over and over.

I had high expectations of winning the big game this year and erasing that taste.
  6. Truck

Truck Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

losing tom; even though we lost last year's superbowl, it was the most exciting / enjoyable season I've ever watched (as it was happenning).

this season, we can expect good defense (still); and the excitement of the offense has gone from the highest to average for the next 15+ games.
  7. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I live in the present, this is bad.. :(
  8. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

They both suck. If I had to choose I'd say the Super Bowl because we were 1 dropped INT away from making history and shutting everyone the hell up. I hate what happened to Tommy but there is still an outside chance we can get back to the SB.
  9. neuronet

neuronet Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -0

#87 Jersey

Losing the SB was just a game. This is someone's livelihood where someone was seriously injured.

But emotionally, for me, I have to admit the SB was much tougher to take.
  10. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This thread has nothing to do with the past or present IN GENERAL

The question is what was worse for you (as in your feelings and spirit) after it happened? - Brady injury or the SB loss?
  11. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Super bowl for me. We were 2 minutes away from a championship.

Even with Brady, we were about 1100 minutes away from hoping to be back in that same spot.

I like our players, but I'm a pats fan. It's the second game of the year, and the whole thing is out there ahead of us. Expectations are a bit different, and I don't mean to sound callous for the fact that a player I've grown accustomed to rooting for will go through a difficult year. But I root for the laundry, and the laundry has some games to play.
  12. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

last 20 mins of meaningful football for the pats have been collectively the worst for the pats.
  13. SoCal Pmen

SoCal Pmen Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#54 Jersey

I agree. Emotionally it was harder for me to regroup after the Super Bowl. I got the same sick feeling yesterday however, I remain optimistic that this team can still make the playoffs.
  14. Crazy Patriot Guy

Crazy Patriot Guy Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

The Super Bowl was far worse. That was the end. There was no tomorrow. No more hope.

Has the hope for this season taken a big hit? Of course, but there's still hope. There's still a next week, another chance.

We're still a good team and we'll still win some games. As others have said in other threads, if we can get hot heading into the playoffs like in 2001 or the 2007 Giants, anything can happen.
  15. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

the injury....by a LONG mile

(i was wondering when this question would pop up here)
  16. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

more like the last 10 minutes...
  17. Richter

Richter Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Not even close, losing Brady. Losing the Superbowl sucked, but it was a bad ending to an otherwise awesome, entertaining season. Losing Brady in game 1 is tough. Waiting 7 months for football to return, and having your season turned upside down in the first game is bad enough, but it also means losing a season of Brady's career, and not being able to watch him for 16+ weeks. He's tremendously entertaining as a football player, and the entire league is lesser for his absence.
  18. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I thought about it last night, and couldn't come with an answer. They're both uniquely devastating.
  19. DaedalusX

DaedalusX Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The GOAT just went down for a season in his prime and with big question marks about what his return will look like. The GOAT QB-WR combo is over for at least a season.

This is like the Baltimore Colts losing Unitas or the 49ers losing Joe Montana in his prime.

Worse there's the empathy issue. Just imagine what Tom is going through. He got EIGHT minutes in to a season meant to recover from that Super Bowl loss, and now he's back to preparing for next year.

In comparison to all that? Man, the Super Bowl is just a GAME. WHO brought us to that Super Bowl?

I'm sorry, I just don't think there is any comparison whatsoever. I just wish I could do something to help.
  20. goterriers

goterriers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, there is no comparison. The SB is a game. Games are won and lost, it's part of the thrill. Tom is our leader.

BB trains his team not to hit below the knees. Why the F*ck couldn't Kansas City?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.