PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which was the worst, 86 Red Sox loss,'03 Red Sox loss, or this Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should I care about any Sox loss? Why???

Worst SB loss...against Da Bayiz. A national embarrasment of titanic proportions.

2nd worst...against Bret Favre, the annointed. Parcells tanked what I thought at the time was our best and only shot at a Lombardi by negotiating for the Jets job. Traitor.

3rd worst...the-game-that-shall-never-be-mentioned last Feb. Another national disgrace ameliorated by the fact we already HAVE 3 Lombardis.

This thread sucks.

This Superbowl. I'm still feeling it. Being in New Orleans doesnt help much. These people are all over the Mannings. S.O.B.s the whole group of them, never mind the fact we had 5 LSU players compared to one on Giants. or that Eli went to Ole Miss to play against their beloved LSU each year instead of playing for them. The people in this state are truely ******ed.

I wasn't old enough to remember '86. However, I have an argument against this being the worst. As disastrous as Game 6 was, that wasn't the end of the season. They played a Game 7 after that, and the Red Sox actually had a 3-0 lead until the 6th inning.

'03 was the worst at the time. It was the rubber match to end their series, and there was no tomorrow for the Red Sox. Losing the way they did, where they did, who they did, was devastating. It depressed me for a while and I began questioning my own fanhood: "What's the point? Why get my hopes up if it's just going to end this way all the time?" Then 2004 happened and did a 180 on all of that.

The 2007 Patriots felt more personal than anything, and because of all that was at stake: vindication for the scrutiny, a run at perfection, WINNING THE SUPER BOWL, erasing a stigma that the Patriots mystique is dead, etc..... it really stunned me. Some will argue the past Super Bowl titles made it easier to take, but that only works after reflection. At the moment of the SB loss, that was far from my mind.

I'm going to still call this the worst loss I've ever experienced.

first off you have to be a sox fan to respond to this stupid thread. if your not a sox fan then why would the sox losing any year hurt? secondly its not a competition. I've said in many of these what hurt worse threads that its the 86 redsox by far. the sox losing in 86 was like the most sexy girl you can imagine telling you she wants to screw your brains out. she slowly starts taking her clothes off teasing you all the while .after hours she finally gets down to her panties and says. sorry I've changed my mind Ive got a headache. in 86 it said congratulations 1986 world series champion Boston redsox on the jumbo tron at Shea stadium. the champagne was on ice. the owners and the GM Lou gorman were all in the club house waiting for the team to come in. the sox had two outs two strikes and there were no runners on base with a two run lead and they blew it. that's like the patriots in the SB with a 6 point lead on there own ten yard line with 30 seconds left and all they have to do is run the clock out. instead brady trips fumbles and the other team picks up the ball and runs it in to win the game with the extra point. after game six the camera went to the dugout to find wade boggs crying like a baby for the whole world to see. after that game i was embarrassed ashamed and angry . i hated the sox for years after that loss. they made me sick. it got so bad i wouldn't put sox gear on and i would laugh at them in the following years when they would lose.i was trying to mask my pain and i didn't want anybody to see me in sox gear so i wouldn't get laughed at and humiliated .. i guarantee no pats fan felt like that after the SB. disappointed ? absolutely .no pats were crying like two year olds on the bench. its no even close .the 86 redsox lose was by far the worst in boston sports history

This Superbowl. I'm still feeling it. Being in New Orleans doesnt help much. These people are all over the Mannings. S.O.B.s the whole group of them, never mind the fact we had 5 LSU players compared to one on Giants. or that Eli went to Ole Miss to play against their beloved LSU each year instead of playing for them. The people in this state are truely ******ed.

I feel your pain, I still say the loss to Indy last year was worse though. We played like horse crap this game and deserved to lose it. I'm almost embarrassed as a Saints season ticket holder to see the people around here go crazy because another team won the Superbowl. They forget that Peyton went to Tennessee and Eli went to Ole Miss and their beloved Archie didnt want either of them playing for the Saints.

That said, 86 was the worst. You couldn't write that and make it believable.

Last edited:
1986 Red Sox by far.

Same for me... what was it, 70 years or so without a championship? We had one in the palm of our hands and lost it? Even had another game to win ist and fialed to?

Not even close.

2003 was the only time I cried as a sports fan.

This IS a Patriots message board, so it is relevant.

So, if I compared an aardvark to the Patriots, that would be relevant as well?

2003 was the only time I cried as a sports fan.
in 03 the sox were the underdog. they played great and got beat by a home run. after the 86 loss the sox were a laughing stock and a babe ruth curse was born :mad: two strikes two outs and a two run lead with nobody on. how the -uck do you lose a game like that?
:mad:

This recent SB loss was the worst for me. We were expected to win it - and I fully expected we would win it. It was crushing and horribly disappointing end to a great season.

The '86 Red Sox WS loss- well, I never expected the Sox were going to win it back then. It was a crusher, blowing it like that, but I expected to lose in the end anyway.

This recent SB loss was the worst for me. We were expected to win it - and I fully expected we would win it. It was crushing and horribly disappointing end to a great season.

The '86 Red Sox WS loss- well, I never expected the Sox were going to win it back then. It was a crusher, blowing it like that, but I expected to lose in the end anyway.
that's bull****. there isn't a true sox fan alive that didn't think the sox were going to win in 86. again two strikes two outs nobody on and a two run lead.even the mets didn't think they were going to win that game .the jumbo tron at Shea said congratulation's 86 redsox world champions. for Christ sake.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
that's bull****. there isn't a true sox fan alive that didn't think the sox were going to win in 86. again two strikes two outs nobody on and a two run lead.even the mets didn't think they were going to win that game .the jumbo tron at Shea said congratulation's 86 redsox world champions. for Christ sake.:rolleyes:

Well, aern't we the mouthy, opined, one. Going into that series, I did not expect the Red Sox to win it. As usual, they didn't let me down. Very true they had the jumbo tron primed and ready to say that- but deep down, I didn't expect they would win it.

1986....hands down

Definitely this SB loss, Pats lost the chance to to undefeated and be considered the best football dynasty of all time.

07 SB is the worst loss. HOw can you miss a historical record in NFL.?

1. SB 42 loss
2. AFCCG 2006 loss
3. 2003 Red Sox loss
4. 1986 Red Sox loss
5. Desmond Howard

86 no question, ripped my guts out and stomped all over them, plus we had to spend the next, what 18 years listening to the curse and all that crap... This superbowl loss was the worse loss for the Pats, but not anywheres close to 86

How can you replace Bill Buckner in EVERY SINGLE GAME with Stapleton by the eighth inning and then leave Billy Bucks in there in the 9th when you NEED the best defensive team you have out there?In the World Series...leading for the series win...and Rockhead McNamara just sits there like a gd'ed cadaver while Buckner hobbles around and let's a 32 hopper Little League dribbler go through his legs....no....I can take the horrible reffing and the pulled from the posterior one in a thousand plays the Giants made...I will NEVER get over what that idiot Johnny "Mac the Wack" did to Red Sox fans that series.

This game. Though I wasn't around for it, I think the next would be 'Too Many Men on the Ice.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back