PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Veteran QB Will be signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my co-workers is a jets fan, he said yesterday (showing me an article from the NY Post) "that Pats are looking at Fitzpatrick and would hate the Patriots more if they signed him."

What if we sign Fitzpatrick for cheap (stick it to the jets) then week 5, trade him for picks to a team. What if the Jets are so desperate for a QB by week 5 that they gave us a 1st rounder for Fitzpatrick? I know wishful thinking, but a funny scenario to think about!

Use the roster spot for an additional RB. The Pats will be running a lot in games 1-4, and maybe into game 5 to take the load off of Brady on his first game back.

Although unlikely, Edelman can play QB in a pinch, of course he can't throw it and catch it on the same play. Or can he?! :)

One of my co-workers is a jets fan, he said yesterday (showing me an article from the NY Post) "that Pats are looking at Fitzpatrick and would hate the Patriots more if they signed him."

What if we sign Fitzpatrick for cheap (stick it to the jets) then week 5, trade him for picks to a team. What if the Jets are so desperate for a QB by week 5 that they gave us a 1st rounder for Fitzpatrick? I know wishful thinking, but a funny scenario to think about!
Seems mean to me. A guy signs with you for cheap and you ship him off to that sewer?

Seems mean to me. A guy signs with you for cheap and you ship him off to that sewer?
It is mean, but in the NFL, it is called "Business."

what's Gino Carmazzi, Tee Martin, Marc Bulger, Chris Redman, and Spergon Wynn up to?

No Chad P though!

;)

Zo would sign for a song...... :D

I don't know if we have the available reps for a veteran QB. It's already going to be delicate giving Garoppolo the snaps he needs while also giving Brady all the time he can get before his suspension. That's not even counting Brissett. Can we afford enough reps for a veteran to be worth a damn if he does play?

I don't want them to sign a veteran QB.. We have 3 QBs on the roster, 1 of them is suspended for 4 games... we can survive 4 games with 2 QBs.

I'd rather use that extra roster spot over those 4 games for one of the other competitive positions like WR, TE, OL, CB

I want Fitzpatrick, jets fans would sh!t themselves.

I realize it won't happen but I would lmao.

Brissett is going to end up on IR anyways IMO.
I think Belichick will bring a vet QB in and they will get cut after week 4.
someone on the shadow roster will be brought back at that point.
So I agree with the OP.
When is this injury you forsee going to happen? Maybe if you warn him he can prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes