PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which uniforms will the Pats be wearing on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports - Slideshow - 8. New England Patriots

"The NFL's Worst Uniforms"
"8. New England Patriots
It's not so much that the Patriots' uniforms are terrible. But to change from the classic "Pat the Patriot" helmet to the "Flying Elvis" logo is just a crime. " (AP Photo/Julie Jacobson)

Anyone know what the hell that symbol on the original Patriot helmet is supposed to be? Bat wings?

Anyone know what the hell that symbol on the original Patriot helmet is supposed to be? Bat wings?

It's a colonial hat, you know the ones that the original Patriots wore. I think it's kind of interesting but very glad they changed it to Pat Patriot.
th-918.jpg

It's a colonial hat, you know the ones that the original Patriots wore. I think it's kind of interesting but very glad they changed it to Pat Patriot.
th-918.jpg

As drawn by Phil Bissel.....look what Pat Patriot has on his head:

The "classic" uniform HAD to change. For one thing, as we all know, the British were the Redcoats! The colonials were the Bluecoats. Blue had to become the base color. The silver helmets and pants (with white or blue jerseys) were too much, given that the Lions, Cowboys and (then) Seahawks already had that combo. They needed a unique look, but instead they acquiesced to some graphic designers wet dream. The uni designs are outta control. This whole "Nikefication" of NFL uniform design is a bad development. Look at the abortion that is the Arizona Cardinals uniforms, or the Falcons.

Still, I still have no desire to see Pat Patriot return. There are just too many bad memories associated with that bad logo, and too many good ones that go with Flying Elvis. These people who want to see the return of their youth by bringing back Pat from the dead gotta move on.

The "classic" uniform HAD to change. For one thing, as we all know, the British were the Redcoats! The colonials were the Bluecoats. Blue had to become the base color. The silver helmets and pants (with white or blue jerseys) were too much, given that the Lions, Cowboys and (then) Seahawks already had that combo. They needed a unique look, but instead they acquiesced to some graphic designers wet dream. The uni designs are outta control. This whole "Nikefication" of NFL uniform design is a bad development. Look at the abortion that is the Arizona Cardinals uniforms, or the Falcons.

Still, I still have no desire to see Pat Patriot return. There are just too many bad memories associated with that bad logo, and too many good ones that go with Flying Elvis. These people who want to see the return of their youth by bringing back Pat from the dead gotta move on.

:agree: Elvis has done pretty well by us. I'm not crazy about him but he represents nothing but good stuff :D

i want the grey hoodie to return. ever since the red hoodie appeared in the SB, we have had tough times...

I'm really starting to hate those white unis now... we should see the dark blues next week, hopefully no monochrome.

1136849437_9553.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey