PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which team poses the main threat to end the 28 game home winning streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, seriously.

All kidding aside, there IS no streak unless it includes ALL games, ESPECIALLY the most important ones.

We start a new streak on September 18th, when we crush San Diego. :cool:

I have a feeling we will lose to the Giants... again

I'd say one of the biggest threats comes right in week 2, San Diego. If we are not firing on all cylinders there, and they are, it could very well be a loss. Hoping we look good and they still look like pre-season Keystone Cops, but I wouldn't look past them.

P.S. - wasn't thinking about it at the time, but those who say there is no streak because we lost last time out at home are right. We should start over Week 2. Go Pats!!

I live in Texas, so i say the cowboys. They have a good offense and their defense should be better with rob ryan coaching them.

Patriots lost at home in 2008. Tom Brady has the longest home winstreak (which he surpassed Favre for) as he didn't start in 2008.

This point still stands if you really want to ignore the post season. But this "streak" is stupid. There is no 28 game home win streak for this team with or without post season.

Speaking of streaks, Brady's pass w/o INT streak is still active.

That said, if we go undefeated this year and break the consecutive win streak that the Colts took from us I bet everyone will be singing a different tune and suddenly ignore the playoff loss to claim the streak.

I hate these streaks that ignore certain things to be convenient because then everyone starts using double standards to say what is and isn't. "There is no home winning streak because we lost in the playoffs" "We're on a 24 game win streak stretching from week 10 of last season!".

Yes, this "streak" is silly. But since they keep talking about it I really don't care about regular season home win streaks it's the post season home win streaks I care about. Last I looked it's not too good as of late. Hope that changes this season.

It's a great streak, and I hope it continues. I don't know that I'd point to a main threat, though, because there are so many potentially good teams coming into Foxboro this year.

Chargers
Jets
Colts
Cowboys
Giants
Chiefs

I could see any one of those teams coming in, playing a solid game, and upsetting the Patriots. On the other hand, I could also see the Patriots absolutely pasting several of them.

Since you're asking for a particular one, I'll go with the Cowboys. They've gotten a Ryan for the defense and have a pair of quality receivers to go along with an excellent tight end. I'm not saying they'll do it, but I'll pick them as the biggest threat.

And, yes, they are also one of the teams on that list that I think the Patriots could lay a beat down on.

Yeah, seriously.

All kidding aside, there IS no streak unless it includes ALL games, ESPECIALLY the most important ones.

Neither you nor I make the rules as to how the NFL keeps its records.

They have a streak for the regular season and one for the post-season.

They treat them differently. Just like they count post-season passing/receiving as being seperate from regular season and pre-season.

It's a great streak, and I hope it continues. I don't know that I'd point to a main threat, though, because there are so many potentially good teams coming into Foxboro this year.

Chargers
Jets
Colts
Cowboys
Giants
Chiefs

I could see any one of those teams coming in, playing a solid game, and upsetting the Patriots. On the other hand, I could also see the Patriots absolutely pasting several of them.

Since you're asking for a particular one, I'll go with the Cowboys. They've gotten a Ryan for the defense and have a pair of quality receivers to go along with an excellent tight end. I'm not saying they'll do it, but I'll pick them as the biggest threat.

And, yes, they are also one of the teams on that list that I think the Patriots could lay a beat down on.

The problem I see with the Cowboys is their O-line. They ditched Davis and Colombo. They'll have a rookie at one OT position and a new guard as well.
That being said, they've got 2 good RBs in Jones and Choice. And they've got 2 other young WRs who have been lighting up camp.

On defense, things are interesting. Keith Brooking and Terence Newman are out with injuries right now. So they are relying on some untested players at CB..

Yeah, seriously.

Neither you nor I make the rules as to how the NFL keeps its records.

They have a streak for the regular season and one for the post-season.

They treat them differently. Just like they count post-season passing/receiving as being seperate from regular season and pre-season.

Well, sure.

No kidding.

My point was philosophical.

Who gives a damn if you win 1000 regular season games in a row, if you can't win the PlayOffs??

Let other team's fans ~ like the Colts :rolleyes: ~ congratulate themselves on "winning streaks" that mean little when it counts.

This team ~ and its fans ~ is focused on the PlayOffs...and the Championships it wins. :cool:

Wondering how many think the Pats will stretch it to 36 by the end of the season?

....I think it's finally going to end this year...this regular season streak is already a record and growing,but like everything in life,good things have to end sometime.

Maybe getting a loss sometime this year at home will not be such a horrid thing as
the team could gets that streak out of the way before playoff time and wins that first playoff game at home,if they lose at Gillette may it be to an NFC team.

If they do lose a home game in the regular season,who poses the main threat?

Colts? Chiefs? Giants? Cowboys? Chargers? Bills? Dolphins? Jets?

I think San Diego comes to town in the first home game and poses the biggest threat....if this team loses a home game then San Diego or the Giants could be the danger.

Losing at home? I thought we were going 19-0. ;)

And, honestly, this team is LOADED.

We could very well pull off back to back 10-0's at home...and THEN some!! :rocker:

Well, sure.

No kidding.

My point was philosophical.

Who gives a damn if you win 1000 regular season games in a row, if you can't win the PlayOffs??

Let other team's fans ~ like the Colts :rolleyes: ~ congratulate themselves on "winning streaks" that mean little when it counts.

This team ~ and its fans ~ is focused on the PlayOffs...and the Championships it wins. :cool:

Amen, Brother Grid!

To paraphrase BB 'regular season records are for losers, championships are for winners'.

I think most records/streaks only count in the regular season because every team is a part of the regular season.

The rationale for having one set of statistics and records for the regular season and another for the playoffs is to place all individuals on an even playing field; i.e., it wouldn't be fair to compare the stats of one person who had a chance to play in 19 or 20 games to those of another whose season ended after 16 games.

To me streaks fall into a different category though. If ever there was an exception and both regular as well as playoff games should both be considered, then it would be any record that was about a streak, be it for either an individual or a team.

Other than some on this thread, I don't know of anybody that considers the Pats to have a 28-game home winning streak. In my opinion it is a fabricated statistic used to pump up interest in telecasts by networks broadcasting those games.

This streak is like looking at Peyton Manning's regular season success and not looking at his playoff failures.

Dan Marino's greatness during the regular season and his playoff failures.

Atlanta Braves and their amazing run at consecutive division titles (14) with only 1 World Series title.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back