PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which team embarrassed themselves more against the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which team embarrased themselves more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It felt like a tie to me because the Texans set themselves up as this big powerhouse and wanted to give themselves a good measure.

The Jets are a division opponent and (rival isn't the right work) we have a bitter history across the 2 teams. What sets this up for me are the Jet fans. We literally ruined Thanksgiving for thousands of them and you can't forget their beloved spokesman hanging his head in shame and speaking about hanging up his mantle. That person is Fireman Ed.

J-E-T-S JETS jets jset!!!

above Typo was made intentionally

The letter jackets will fade from memory but the butt fumble will live on in follies forever.

I really wanted to vote Houston because of the whole letter jackets and biggest game in team history, but the perfect storm of the Buttfumble, 3 TDs in a minute and making Fireman Ed tap out is too historic even for that POS franchise.

How can it not be the Texans, this game was to scale both teams as they went into the playoffs. Both had pretty much owned a play off spot. JJ watt was unstoppable. Yet the outcome was that JJ Watt was unproductive, it was a blemish in his season. The Texans thus went on to a loosing streak. And they didn't go far into the playoffs. Pats were in the way. The jackets they got prior to the game became a stigmata.

the butt fumble game was pretty epic but the jets only had like 3 wins going into that game Houston was the #1 seed in the AFC after that game game they droped to the #3 seed

There's not much more embarrassing than wearing letterman jackets for the biggest game in franchise history then proceeding to get smoked on national television. The Jets are always an embarrassment, on the other hand.

Texans were supposedly the kings of the AFC. Arguably the top team in the entire league, and had the best defense.

Pats came in and shoved it down their throat. Ruined their entire mental state and they fell apart afterwards.

Jets are just the Jets. I always expect something embarrassing to happen to them. Fireman Ed retiring as their super fan was pretty bad though LOL

gotta be the texans.

While the jets game was more of a benny hill affair, the texans were a superbowl potential bound team and they took a giant **** on themselves all over national primetime tv

Although I agree the Texan game was better, more important, etc. my daughter who does not like football liked the butt fumble to Yakety Sax. In ten years we can ask again and you guys will have to think hard to remember that Texans game, but the Thanksgiving butt fumble game will live on.

20 years ago nobody will remember the Pats Texans game but if you say butt fumble game most football fans will know exactly what you are talking about.

In fairness, it would be hard for people from 1992 to remember any game from 2012, let alone Pats/Texans. ;)

In fairness, it would be hard for people from 1992 to remember any game from 2012, let alone Pats/Texans. ;)

Here's how that conversation would go in 1992 -
"Texans? Who are the Texans? The old AFL Dallas Texans who moved to Kansas City and became The Chiefs? Are you saying by 2012 they'd now moved back to Dallas and played The Patriots? Cuz the only NFL teams we got in Texas here in 1992 are The Dallas Cowboys and The Houston Oilers. Well call me a monkey's uncle, maverick."

In 2024 a lot of sons will be asking, "Hey dad, what's a butt fumble?"

It's not all that rare for a pretty good team that thinks it's very good (like the Texans) to get embarrassed by an established power when they think they're ready to "make a statement" in a particular game. There's really no shame in it.

But, what the Jets did on Thanksgiving was the stuff of legend and has already been immortalized in multiple Keystone Kops parodies. As long as Wrecks is coaching and the Sanchize is playing, people will be playing those clips and laughing their asses off at what happened. And, in a nationally televised game to boot...er, butt.

Really, there is no contest on this one.

Dolphins @ Pats. 1974. Pats knock off SB Champs in season opener at Foxboro. I remember. Almost 39 years. People remember games that matter to them, no matter what the reason.

Dolphins @ Pats. 1974. Pats knock off SB Champs in season opener at Foxboro. I remember. Almost 39 years. People remember games that matter to them, no matter what the reason.

I think the issue isn't so much people cant remember things, as they are unable to see into the future.

50 years from now I will remember the butt fumble with fondness.

Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back