Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

which TE do you want the Patriots to draft?

• Jace Amaro

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • CJ Fiedorowicz

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Troy Niklas

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • None of the above, wait until day 3

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
2 TE's or Te and big wr, and a lb in 1st 2 rounds...trade next yrs 1st ! George Allen, the future is now ! Not interested in a blocking TE. In the playoffs if you cant keep other team honest with the passing game, you wont be able to run the ball.

Maybe Amaro, K Benjamin and lb Shazier

Last edited:
Not interested in a blocking TE. In the playoffs if you cant keep other team honest with the passing game, you wont be able to run the ball.

If you mean a pure "blocking TE" like in the sense of a Michael Hooman, then I totally agree, but we certainly need a nice amount of blocking ability from our top round TE selection, and a guy like Amaro is not that guy.

I'd much rather have a TE who can both block and catch like Niklas, Fiedoriwicz, or even ASJ. Those kinds of TEs are going to allow our 2 TE set to flourish in the hurry up, with the potential to keep the same personnel on the field to take advantage of both rushing + passing plays and mismatches vs the defensive alignments.

Part of our playoff misfortune has been a lack of physicality on both sides of the ball, so having a guy like Jace Amaro doesn't do much to change that aspect in my opinion. We need to impose a physical will, and have alignments that provide the same as 7 strong OL vs the defense's nickle packages. The inability to take advantage of those situations is what plagued us in the 2010 NYJ loss and the 2012 BAL AFCCG loss (and arguably some of the 2011 SB as well).

Here's a nice breakdown from ESPN Boston on CJF: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...762131/10-perfect-patriots-te-c-j-fiedorowicz

It's becoming more and more apparent that we will have to take a TE in the top 1-2 rounds, as the popular thought now is that none of the top 5 will be there when we pick again at 93. That is somewhat of a change, as the majority of mocks had us targeting CJF in the 3rd round. With the lack of talent available, it just doesn't appear that he'll be available that long anymore.

This could be beneficial in a trade down/out of the 1st round situation, as it would enable us to acquire more picks in the sweet spot of the draft. Another option could be using one of the two 4th rounders to move up as well.

Justin Jones, a 6'8" TE, formerly of Eastern Carolina put up a 37" vert, 4.60 shuttle (not so good) and a 6.88 3-cone. All at 274lbs. Only ran a 4.9 though. Possible red zone threat like Joseph Fauria?

If Keller signs, grab Niklas/ASJ/CJ F in the 2nd round and maybe a guy in the 7th round or UDFA and we should be set at the position.

I like Amaro and Sef-Jenkins, I probably give Amaro the edge because he can block better

I like Amaro and Sef-Jenkins, I probably give Amaro the edge because he can block better

Low hurdle, that. I'm thinking maybe Latimer as a move TE.

Update: My favorite player in the entire draft for the Pats, Troy Niklas, was brought to Foxborough for a visit. Jordan Najvar TE Baylor was also in NE for a visit. (per Mike Reiss)

I would be estatic if we draft Niklas. Guy is the definition of a beast.

Didn't we also host Fiedorowicz on a visit as well?

Which TE do you want us to draft? Tell us why in thread to go with the vote.

Blanchflower. Low risk, high reward. Can sub for Gronk, without over-investing at TE.

I do not know anything about Arthur Lynch but he seems to be the 4th TE on a lot of rankings, would the Patriots be interested in him? What kind of TE is he?

2 TE's or Te and big wr, and a lb in 1st 2 rounds...trade next yrs 1st ! George Allen, the future is now ! Not interested in a blocking TE. In the playoffs if you cant keep other team honest with the passing game, you wont be able to run the ball.

Maybe Amaro, K Benjamin and lb Shazier

I would love this draft !

I do not know anything about Arthur Lynch but he seems to be the 4th TE on a lot of rankings, would the Patriots be interested in him? What kind of TE is he?

He's either the 6th or 7th best TE prospect, depending on personal opinion. You have the "big 5" with Ebron, Amaro, ASJ, Niklas, and CJF right there, and then some even prefer Gillmore as the 6th best after those.

I do think that he could be a possibility if they decided to double dip, or if they waited until the later 4th round or so.

He's 6'5" and 260lb, so he's a big boy and more of the typical in line TE. He played through his senior year for Georgia, and is a very good blocker and shows athleticism in space on YACs. His main problem is that he isn't able to beat his coverage with consistency, starts off from the break slow, and showed below average production in a pro style offense where QB Murray set several passing records. Had he shown better production, he'd have likely been a top 2 round prospect.

He's definitely a guy that they should be looking at, particularly if he's still there in the 4th round and they haven't taken anyone else. I'd actually be pissed if they passed on him and still hadn't addressed the TE position at that point.

Pure talent I would take ASJ over anyone, the question is what kind of person he is and whether or not he will fulfill the potential. Tough call but if he's there when they pick i take him and hope he lives up to his abilities. ASJ has Jimmy Graham ability and with Gronkowski the Patriots would have their offense back at full speed, and they would be brutal in the red zone with Gronk, ASJ, Dobson, and the slot guy of their choice, Edelman, Amendola .......

Blech.

This propensity to include Colton John Fiedorowicz in the same tier as those other 4 gets me Stabby. :mad:

He is not in their tier, Gentlemen.

Not close.

There're an half dozen Tight Ends, Flex Ends, and WingBacks that I'd take before FrankenStein.

Ah, that's better...:)

I do not presume to change anyone's mind: I merely wish to share my two cents. :D

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back