PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which sports occurance blew your mind the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to give a reflex reaction and say, SB XXXVI of course. But that didn't stun me (sent me to Nirvana maybe) as I expected them to win that game and said so to whoever would listen beforehand.

Stun? Blew my mind? Clearly beating the Yankees from three down. No doubt. After that, the Snowbowl. In the time between the "fumble" and the "tuck" replay, I despaired. Then, rebirth! That was stunning.

It's always been my opinion that without B, C & D would not have happened. Not because the Patriots did anything to influence the Red Sox but rather the Patriots winning changed our view of what was possible. We began to believe that we could win. We deserved to win, and that good things do happen to Boston teams.

It makes me laugh to think that kids growing up now expect the Pats & Sox to win, whereas I grew up expecting them to lose. It's been an unbelievable few years.

Pats first and foremost, and screw the Sox.

LOL, the mutual insecurity between both Pats and Sox fans over which fanbase is better/which team is better is one of the most pathetic and lame things I've ever witnessed, and I witness it quite frequently both on this board and then on Sox boards.

B and C are a toss up both for mind-blowingness and happiness. I'm pretty much equally obsessed with the Sox, C's, and Pats. Football is probably my favorite sport to watch, other than that, I don't really try and hold certain allegiances over others like some fans these parts do.

Last edited:
C made me incapable of speech for three days.
B made me want to smoke a cigarette. Just satisfying all around.

Last edited:
I agree with those who say the Red Sox in 2004. I don't think it's close either. The way it unfolded over multiple nights, the history of the two teams, and the fact that it had never before occured in the history of a statistic-crazy sport where pretty much nothing anymore has "never happened" before. Add the drama of game 4 with Rivera on the mound, the brawl between the teams earlier in the year, and the way the teams finished the ALCS the year before, and you had probably the most captivating story in sports since the 1980 hockey team. Maybe other events were bigger "upsets" -- like a couple of the 1980s NCAA championships -- but none were so intense, dramatic, and, in the end, sports transcendent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back