PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which site is best for immediate on field play during the Patriots games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Which PC gameday site is best for getting instant updated field position and play for the whole game tomorrow?..I was on NFL.com 2 weeks ago to check the NE game live because it was not shown in my area as this weeks game won't be either - On NFL.com it can be a bit behind in what happens in the game as sometimes it takes several minutes to show what happened in the last several plays and falls back a bit...Is that site the best?-or maybe another like Patriots.com? - In other words I would like to get the best internet site to receive immediate game plays as they happen without delays....Any suggestions?

I don't know of any alternative to nfl.com for updates. You can listen to the game on radio, for a monthly sum but I can't remember how much that is:

http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass

All I know for sure is that NFL.com's play by play is faster than Yahoo Sports' play by play as well as that of CBS Sports.

So I've always found NFL.com's to be the best.

The people who post in the game thread are pretty quick. Its most all commentary though, not too many specific details covering exactly what happened, and its slightly biased towards one team.

sdaniels7114 said:
The people who post in the game thread are pretty quick. Its most all commentary though, not too many specific details covering exactly what happened, and its slightly biased towards one team.

I have been stuck at work before and the gam threads are always the fastest way to get to know what happens, you can usually gleam for the YAH, or Oh S&%t, what the Pats did on third and four, sign on and tell the people watching the game that yo are sans TV, and they will post the plays for you as they happen.

Espn's Game tracker isn't "as it happens" but its not bad

I think they offer a RealTime service as a premium, but as far as seeing where they are on the field, who has it, what happened last and a review of play by play, ESPN isn't bad

I spent the cash and got the NFL Field pass. You get to hear Gil and Gino on the radio broadcast.

what about the chat room in here? that updates pretty quickly if you are ok with reading all the other "chatter" that happens besides the actually play by play itself.

This site has free radio feeds from opposing sites, (buffalo).

I've always managed to find one, but you have to try them all. It is kind of a pirate thing.

http://www.thegamelive.com/index.php

Don't know which is best but on NFL.COM don't just wait for the site to update automatically - after a lull click the Refresh, I found this helps a lot.

I have field pass, and listen to the radio broadcast. Having said that, the NFL stats site often updates before I get the play via fieldpass. It does have a habit of "hanging" for minutes at times though. Not sure if thats them, or something between me and them.

Sirius satelite radio broadcasts all the Patriots home games nation wide. It's great, for you can hear Gil and Gino live anywhere in the U.S. - anywhere...:)

Yahoo is good but NFL.COM is faster with real time scores

Va_Pats_Fan said:
I have field pass, and listen to the radio broadcast. Having said that, the NFL stats site often updates before I get the play via fieldpass. It does have a habit of "hanging" for minutes at times though. Not sure if thats them, or something between me and them.

Me too. nfl.com is great when it's working, but sometimes it sits out 15 minutes even when I click Refresh. The Field Pass there is great, though. $30 or $40 gets you the whole year of radio broadcasts.

I use CBSsportsline.com, thats usually not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes