PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which rookie will you have your eye on most on Thursday?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which rookie will you be watching most on Thursday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I had to lump all the linemen together, but something had to give with 12 rookies. :) :(

Is there an option for ALL? Lol, I mean there are so many rookies that are going to be critical to this teams success in the upcoming year at many positions. But I'll probably say Gronkowski his inline blocking plus pass catching helps two situations at once, so I'll have my eye on him.

Spikes. I wonder if it's true the "speed" factor that pushed him back in the draft is negated by the "vision" they speak of...

I voted Spikes. I want to see some high energy and some thumping out of that position this year.

Close second is McCourty, because I feel like he can impact a number of different areas. I'd like to see him do something special on ST (no pun intended).

The biggest deficiency on the team last year was the ability to rush the passer. That makes Cunningham the most important rookie.

I picked Spikes. Based on camp reports, the guy could be a force on the inside. Want to see if he lives up to the hype and I am a defense guy. Also want to see McCourty who seems to be getting a lot of positive reviews lately.

Aaron Hernandez on offense and Jermaine Cunningham on defense as I feel those two will be the most crucial for us if we want to be a Super Bowl contender.

From what I hear McCourty is having a solid camp so far and that he looks like he belongs with the ones. Butler did not do well yesterday, so i wonder if BB would think of starting mccourty over butler.

Gronkowski/Tate on O, Cunningham on D.

Voted Hernandez but on D I'll be watching Spikes closely.

Spikes. If he plays well, he can win a starting role. We really need him to play the run stopper role next to mayo.

Because it's the Saints, McCourty... how well can a rook CB defend against the best passing O in the league? Spikes is a very close second.

Another vote for the "all of them option."

That said, I picked Spikes because we're all pretty excited about what we think he can do.

Then I'll watch Cunningham -- because we're all pretty anxious about what we NEED him to do.

Gronk and Hernandez I just want to see in action because I'm pretty confident of what they'll bring — and that the playbook won't exactly be opened up to show them off. McCourty -- would love to see him get some reps against the Saints' 1s. And Mesko I want to see how he does with situational kicking; I have no doubt he can boom it, but so could Sauerbrun and we remember how that worked out.

Another "all" vote - is it Thursday nite yet?!?!

The Gator rooks are all my binkys, esp Hernandez and Spikes. I expect them to do well though, and just will be watching for the excitement of seeing them bring it. I'm less "sure" of how Cunningham will do, and it's a real position of need, so I'll be looking more closely at him of the 3.

OL/G obviously a concern at this point, so that will be on my radar, too.

But for purposes of this poll, I'm going with Mesko. Seems I've been reading lots of reports of shanking in TC. Some noted they were using Nink as the snapper at some point, so maybe that was part of the issue. At any rate, I just want to see him in action and will be praying to the football gods that we won't end up thinking we had it pretty good with Hanson by comparison. :eek:

Last edited:
There are a number of rookies im interested in watching Spikes, McCourty , Gronk, Hernandez but i voted Cunningham because i think thats the area of most need.

Cunningham is the only one without a redundancy (Spikes/McKenzie/Guyton, McCourty/Butler, etc...), so he's probably the one I'll focus most on.

I'm watching Kyle Love. He looked pretty good in TC early on and with the Brace self destruction, we need a backup NT real bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down