Which playoff loss hurt more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
In Denver or at Indy?

For me it's losing to Manning in the playoffs. That was never supposed to happen. Also after a late season run and victory in SD I thought the magic had returned. This is the worst I've felt after a loss in my life.

As for the Broncos loss, it seemed like we were crushed. Everything went wrong throughout the entire game, add awful officiating to boot. However my expectations were lower for that one (read: Monty Beisel, Chad Brown, Duane Starks).

Denver. We had a subpar year and played poorly. Today the Colts played just a little bit better, but we were game. Getting there was a minor miracle in the first place. Along the way, we knocked off the Jets and Chargers. Not too shabby.

I think today's loss stings more. Not so much because we lost to Indy, but because of the way we lost. We were in complete control of this game. Leading 21-3 and losing? Hurts real bad.

gimme a few days to let it sink in...

Colts. Clearly to me, because we were one game away. I also dislike them more but it's the closeness to the SB (plus the big lead) that makes this worse.

I voted Denver because we ended up getting blown out of that game even though a few plays turn the right way and we could have come out on top. I really didn't feel the Broncos had all that superior of talent but we played crappy throughout.

Against the Colts I think I am resigned to the fact that the Pats played great in the first half but showed that defensively they were over their heads and out of gas in the second half.

We still had our chances at the end too but finally ran out of Brady magic. It was such a good duel but somehow you had the feeling it was going to go wrong. Particularly when we let Addai come in untouched. Where is the ILB to fill the hole there??

We need a talent upgrade next year if we want to compete with teams like the Chargers and the Colts. Pats looked too slow and unathletic on those long wide open pass completions.

Colts. Clearly to me, because we were one game away. I also dislike them more but it's the closeness to the SB (plus the big lead) that makes this worse.

The way we lost this one is just about as bad as you can get. The D collapsing and Brady having a chance to win another game on a last minute drive but throws the INT instead. At that point I was on the floor and nobody could console me. Gutted is the only way to describe it.

21-3. 32 minutes away from the Super Bowl.

I can't believe anyone would disagree.

today's loss definitely hurt the most.

In 2005, we were an average team. We would alternate wins and losses through the first ten games of the season. I never really had true aspriations of them winning that year.

Today's game was devasting. As you mentioned I thought they had their magic back after the improbable San Diego victory. The rug was swept from under our feet in such a rude manner as to blow a 21-3 lead. I still am in a daze, as I cannot believe that we actually lost.

The way we lost this one is just about as bad as you can get. The D collapsing and Brady having a chance to win another game on a last minute drive but throws the INT instead. At that point I was on the floor and nobody could console me. Gutted is the only way to describe it.

I can understand the feeling. But no way I'm going to give Indy the satisfaction of whipping me down like that.

It was a fun year. Time to move on to the next.

pain is painful

losses are painful

misery is painful

I am in pain

you probably are too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes