PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which recent blowout of the Jets felt better... Thursday's game or 2010?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

More Enjoyable Destruction Of The Jets Game

• 2010 45-3

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • 2012 49-19

Votes: 64 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta stick with 45-3 if only b/c I was at that game screaming "SHUT UP Jets!" during and after that absolute beat down.

I'm going to have to go with the 45 to 3 beating. The Thanksgiving blow out was funnier but in pure satisfaction I think the blow out in 2010 was a lot more satisfying. The Jets that year were actually relevant and they were talking a lot of crap through out the year and especially the week before the game. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that was the game BB was heard saying "Best defense in the league?.. S*ck my ****!" to his son after the game and that was the icing on the cake for me. This year's blow out, although more comical, just wasn't as satisfying since the Jest have been playing nice and their season has been over for a while now.

45-3 didn't feature Sanchez fumbling because he tried to truck stick his own offensive lineman's ass. I'll take 49-19 on those merits alone.

It's close, but I'd give the edge to the 2010 game. The Jets won the earlier game that year and both teams were fighting for the division title. Everyone was expecting a dogfight and instead the Pats blew the doors off them.

The 2012 game was a whole bunch of crazy all packed into one quarter...

- Jets driving, get stuffed TWICE on 3rd- and 4th-and short runs, with Spikes swatting the ball out of Greene's hands as he tried in vain to stretch the ball for the 1st down (finally glad to see that happen and wonder why it doesn't happen more often). Then on the very next play the Pats turn what looks like an innocuous swing pass to Vereen into a long TD. Whoa! What happened there?

- Jets get the ball back and on their 2nd play from scrimmage, Sanchez both botches the handoff then gets clotheslined by his lineman's ass, fumbling for an easy Pats TD while Sanchez drops his head in shame while lying on the turf.

- Before the next snap from scrimmage is run the Jets are down *another* TD as McCourty pops the ball loose from the KR high into the air, straight to Edelman who doesn't break stride on the way to the endzone. Rex drops F bombs on national TV.

- After punting the ball back to NE and the Jets stuffing Ridley for a loss to set up 3rd and long, Edelman (Edelman?!?) gets behind Landry for a 56yd TD bomb.

Pats had 4 TDs in a ridiculously short amount of time, all of the "open field" variety in which only the endzone kept the Pats scorers from running even longer. It may be a very long time until we ever see that again.

All that zaniness seemed as much to do with the Jets incompetence as it did with the Pats dominance. While enjoyable, it wasn't as satisfying as what went down on Dec. 6th, 2010.

As others said, I have to try real hard to ignore the playoff loss when looking at that 2010 game and how it felt at the time.

Regards,
Chris

This one is way better I think, and funnier. Created so many fond blooper moments for years of forum fodder.
Its my belief the Jets got 19 pts because the patriots defense couldn't stop laughing.

... i think you might be on to something here ... i knew there was a reason for the 19 pts

Can't wait for C'MON MAN tonight ... :rofl::rofl:

What's that Tom Brady says?

"The next one."

2010, but just barely. Helped even the score after the earlier loss that season. I hated that 2010 Jets team with a passion. The 2012 Jets team is a joke and that game provided a ton of laughs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back