PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which recent blowout of the Jets felt better... Thursday's game or 2010?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

More Enjoyable Destruction Of The Jets Game

• 2010 45-3

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • 2012 49-19

Votes: 64 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I vividly remember the complete domination and destruction of the 45-3 game in 2010 against the Jets where they just dominated right from the start.

Sundays game was not that way until late in the second quarter but for some reason,I really enjoyed the humor the Jets showed for those 52 seconds of ineptitude and not so better after that.

My choice would be Thursdays game despite the team not dominating from the kickoff because it was really enjoyable and comedy was in play.

Which was yours?

Definitely the Thanksgiving game. I just can't get the image of Sanchez' butt fumble out of mind! LMAO. SO SO SO funny!! I've never seen any game going from tight 0-0 to laugher so fast and in such hilarious fashion! Somehow this game was way more humiliating for the Jets. And we did it in their house to boot!

I do NOT want to see them in the playoffs again, because no matter how overrated they are, how much worse they are than the Pats, and no matter which improbable events conspire to allow them to get in, there is always the possibility that they could actually win the game, and then the Rats will cling to it it forever as confirmation that they are more significant than they really are.

Thus we get to see threads like this:

can we show a little loyalty/love to the guys that delivered two AFCCG's? - Jets Insider.com Forums

"can we show a little loyalty/love to the guys that delivered two AFCCG's?"

Those threads are gold. They use the ridiculously flukey 2009 season as a way of justifying both Sanchez and Ryan. I'm all for that. It might keep those two around for a while longer.

The buzz from the 2010 W was killed by the Playoff loss to the team that would luck its way into the AFCCG.

Thursday's W was infinitely more satisfying; not only did we blow them out but they made a laughingstock of themselves, their Coach, their GM and their owner with the "butt play for the ages" and a Keystone Kops highlight reel. Plus, it all transpired in a highly hyped, nationally-televised game on Thanksgiving night with no other game in the time slot.

I don't know what Heaven might be like, but spending Eternity reliving that 52 seconds of Thursday's game and the final drive of SB XXXVI with the Madden soundtrack wouldn't be too bad.

Last edited:
Tough call but I'll very slightly lean towards 2010. Loved watching Woodhead break 100 yds recvg against his former team and they were also redeeming the loss in first meeting.

I chose this years game simply because it happened at the Meadowlands in front of the Jets crowd.

Hadn't thought of that angle, but IMHO it's definitely more enjoyable to give them a beat-down in front of their home fans. Seeing Fireman Ed on TV losing his faith as his Jets burn to the ground is priceless. I also like the WTF look on that Asian dude in the middle of the bumble replays.

The beat-down at the Razor has the advantage of making the Rats take the bus/plane ride of shame home, but in this case, their shame started before halftime and they had the entire 2nd half to watch the stands empty before they went home to the somber T-day party with all their friends and family trying to hide their questioning looks...

I will be one of the rare exceptions who choose the 2010 game. Not that there was anything wrong in Thursdays game, but 2010 was still sweeter.

Jets had won us earlier that year, they really thought they would win us in that game (this year no one in their locker-room probably believed that), the division race was still on, the Jets were 100 times more respectable as an opponent (yet still not respectable), the mental mistakes were more of a surprise (though not as funny) and ofc Rex burying the gameball (I have long suspected that it wasn't the gameball, but instead their only practice ball, hence the nosespiral that followed).

The way I see it, the Monday night massacre was the INJURY, and the Thursday night game was the INSULT we added to that.

The Thanksgiving Bennie Hill Fest and it's not even close.

The reason why the 45-3 demolition should not be overlooked was because of all the co(kiness and fatter Rex was at the time and how his team had a lot of loudmouths and boasting they were super bowl bound...we took the smile of their face THAT game anyway.

We saw on thursday and much slimmer Rex but you could see his arrogance has taken a beating because of the losses piling up and he is a shell of his former arrogant self and looked beaten even before the kickoff....losing has made Rex a much more humbler coach.

The most recent one. I enjoyed seeing them crash and burn. :rocker:

The rivalry in 2010 was more intense than it is this year. Both teams were playoff calibre and Superbowl contenders.

This year the Jets are a mess.... We were just kicking them while they were down and making Rex Ryan / Tannys hot seat even hotter.

Both were very enjoyable though.

2012. That 52 second stretch had me rolling on the floor in laughter (and amazement at the Patriots).

The last one is the best.. sanchez trying to ram his face up his own players ass will go down as the stupidest play ever in the nfl.. in 50 years they will still be replaying that, it will be the nfl's buckner moment

2010. The jets were coming into that game what..like 5-2 or 6-3 something like that and we destroyed them. Much better team then as well

Mark Sanchez faceplanted right on his lineman's ass. And it turned into a Patriots TD.

I mean, there is really no contest. Even my five-year old keeps randomly asking, "Hey mom, remember when that Jet ran into the guy's butt?"

It's a game for all-time.

The 2012 win has epical proportions.

Not only did we wipe out and totally embarrass the Jets on the field, but it'll also be remembered as the game that caused Fireman Ed to retire as being Fireman Ed, and Captain Jet to burn his silly airplane hat after the game.

It was a win so shocking that it stunned the Jets fan base into realizing what we've been saying here for years, The Jets Suck!

2010 because weren't we both 9-2 going into that game. It was an epic matchup of greater importance. The Jets suck this year, at no point did I really view them as a threat. In 2010 they were a legit threat to the AFCE and that win felt great, especially with how dominant we were.

I voted 2012, but something tells me if the 2010 game happened last week I would have voted for it.

I'm going with 2010, that version of the jests was a better team than this years. The Thanksgiving day Massacre was a clown a thon on the part of the jests. A lot of bizarre key stone cop type plays which were fun to watch

I'm going 2012 because we beat them down on their turf. Also Fireman Ed quiting on his team is a nice bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes