PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which RB1's in the NFL would you take over Stevan Ridley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting a kick out of this thread. Apparently no RB the Patriots have/are ever going to draft is going to be good enough for everyone in this forum.

I am getting a kick out of this thread. Apparently no RB the Patriots have/are ever going to draft is going to be good enough for everyone in this forum.
Not unless they are.

Ryan Williams
Michael Turner
Ray Rice
Fred Jackson
Jonathan Stewart
Matt Forte

Law Firm
Trent Richardson(probably not better, but I would trade Ridley for him based on pure talent)
DeMarco Murray

Willis McGahee
Mikel Leshoure
Cedric Benson
Arian Foster
Donald Brown
MJD
Jamaal Charles

Reggie Bush
AP
Darren Sproles(not a better RB, but a better player)
Ahmad Bradshaw
Shonn Greene
Darren McFadden
LeSean Mccoy

Rashard Mendenhall
Ryan Matthews
Marshawn Lynch
Frank Gore

Steven Jackson(overated)
Doug Martin
Chris Johnson(from the best back in the league to one of the worst starting)
Alfred Morris

Take the homer glasses off.

You totally missed my point. It is like Jets Insider in that fans are drastically overrating the player because he is on our team.

Ridley has 161 career carries, and less than 800 rushing yards, plus 8 NFL receptions, and people are saying he is better than MJD, Gore, Foster, Steven Jackson, McFadden, McCoy, Forte, Charles, Fred Jackson, Spiller (who isnt even on the list) Stewart and DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, just to mane a few.

I can't believe I just co-signed an AndyJohnson post:eek:

really? Richardson has not looked very good so far. granted he doesnt get as many touches as hes used to, but still. ridley looks far better.

He's looked better than Ridley would look on the Browns. Their next biggest threat on offense is Greg Little.

Love the "Homers" here... pretty funny. There are 8-9 guys I'd take over Ridley without a doubt.
Love the kid though, he's really been impressive. It's tough being a #1 back these days, in the Pass first era, especially in NE with the weapons the Pats have.

I'm just happy that we have what appears to be a legit running game. Haven't seen that in a while, and we're going to need it this season. Go Riddler!

I like Ridley's potential and his performance so far, but lets not be irrational here. Taking Ridley over proven RBs like Foster is like saying "I would take RGIII over Brady, Rodgers, and Brees because his passer rating is better for the first four games."

Last edited:
this is one of those threads that rival:

(A) trade Hoyer for a 2nd round draft pick, could start on 10 NFL teams (circa week 17 in garbage time)
(B) chung = pro bowl safety (circa 2011)
(C) Ty Warren is most underrated DL in the game (circa 2008)

There was a similar thread as this one last year or the year before with BJGE instead of Ridley and I'm pretty sure some people were putting him in the top 10, some even top 5 :ugh:

I don't think it's a question of him being good enough. Me personally, I'm more than happy with him as our starting RB. But there are lots of good proven backs in this league and when you think about what they could do behind a QB like Brady as opposed to someone like Flacco, Cassel, Cutler, etc. it's hard to say I would definitively take Ridley over that guy especially on such a limited sample.

Potentially, he could very well be top 5 but it's still very early. Just because I don't think he's a top 10 back just yet does not mean he isn't good enough or that I'm not satisfied with his production.

Last edited:
There was a similar thread as this one last year or the year before with BJGE instead of Ridley and I'm pretty sure some people were putting him in the top 10, some even top 5 :ugh:

At the very least, this thread is more credible than that one was.

These are the ones I'd take over Ridley:

Adrian Peterson
Ray Rice
Arian Foster
Jamaal Charles
Darren McFadden
Maurice Jones-Drew
Trent Richardson
LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte

Others are iffy, but these I'd 100% accept a straight up trade.

Last edited:
really? Richardson has not looked very good so far. granted he doesnt get as many touches as hes used to, but still. ridley looks far better.
Richardson has looked just fine and has feature back written all over him.

Pats should sign this beast....

rugbyleague_l.jpg

George Carmon....sign him as a free agent

Last edited:
Ray Rice
Trent Richardson
Arian Foster
Maurice Jones-Drew
Darren McFadden
Jamaal Charles
LeSean McCoy
Adrian Peterson
Matt Forte
Marshawn Lynch

If it's just for a season:

Steven Jackson
Frank Gore

On the fence:

Ryan Mathews
Doug Martin
DeMarco Murray
Darren Sproles
Jonathan Stewart

Sproles would be an excellent weapon on offense but he lacks power, not really a true RB1 but for the Saints he's super productive. Like a faster Kevin Faulk. Mathews, Murray, and Stewart are all talented but fragile. I want to see more from Martin but he looks promising, just not sure I would take him over Ridley at this point. I could see him being a better RB long-term but I'm not as confident as I am in Richardson (who in fairness hasn't impressed with the Browns but I still love the talent and pedigree to give him the benefit of the doubt).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes