PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which RB1's in the NFL would you take over Stevan Ridley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is one of those threads that rival:

(A) trade Hoyer for a 2nd round draft pick, could start on 10 NFL teams (circa week 17 in garbage time)
(B) chung = pro bowl safety (circa 2011)
(C) Ty Warren is most underrated DL in the game (circa 2008)

Last edited:
this is one of those threads that rival:

(A) trade Hoyer for a 2nd round draft pick, could start on 10 NFL teams (circa week 17 in garbage time)
(B) chung = pro bowl safety (circa 2011)
(C) Ty Warren is most underrated DL in the game (circa 2008)

The Hoyer thread was ridiculous the moment that it was created. The Warren thread only became ridiculous later, in hindsight. This thread is somewhere in between. It's kind of like the Chung love that we were seeing these last few years, although at least Ridley, to his credit, hasn't shown any major holes in his game.

Last edited:
The Hoyer and Chung threads were ridiculous the moment that they were created. The Warren thread only became ridiculous later, in hindsight. This thread might end up being like the Warren one, but it's not nearly as bad as the other two.

i mean of course, you get my point, but Ridley had a great game and looks legit. But its 4 wks. And the backup RB this week actually had a better game statistically then he did. So what does that say about the Bills?

People are discounting what Frank Gore has done over the last 5 years. CJ is two years removed from 2k yards and ripps off 125 yds yesterday and people here think he is washed up cause of 3 bad games to start the season?

Just tranpose yourself and put yourself in Atlanta right now. There are ridiculous fans think Matt is a top 3 guy with Brees, Brady and Rodgers. How ridiculous is that?......about as ridiculous as this thread on Ridley.

Ryan Williams
Michael Turner
Ray Rice
Fred Jackson
Jonathan Stewart
Matt Forte
Law Firm
Trent Richardson
DeMarco Murray
Willis McGahee
Mikel Leshoure
Cedric Benson
Arian Foster
Donald Brown
MJD
Jamaal Charles
Reggie Bush
AP
Darren Sproles
Ahmad Bradshaw
Shonn Greene
Darren McFadden
LeSean Mccoy
Rashard Mendenhall
Ryan Matthews
Marshawn Lynch
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Doug Martin
Chris Johnson
Alfred Morris

i mean of course, you get my point, but Ridley had a great game and looks legit. But its 4 wks. And the backup RB this week actually had a better game statistically then he did. So what does that say about the Bills?

People are discounting what Frank Gore has done over the last 5 years. CJ is two years removed from 2k yards and ripps off 125 yds yesterday and people here think he is washed up cause of 3 bad games to start the season?

Just tranpose yourself and put yourself in Atlanta right now. There are ridiculous fans think Matt is a top 3 guy with Brees, Brady and Rodgers. How ridiculous is that?......about as ridiculous as this thread on Ridley.

It says that the Bills' defense was gassed from having to deal with Ridley.

The career arc of a QB tends to be gradual, while the career arc of a RB tends to be pretty sudden. RBs very frequently become elite or near-elite either their rookie (AP, CJ2K, Forte, etc.) or their second year (McCoy, Rice, hopefully Ridley). That's why it's not crazy to talk about Ridley as better-than-league-average RB, because it's as likely as not that he really is one.

He's probably not elite; there's 12 RBs that I'd take over him without hesitation. He is clearly better than Chris Johnson, though.

Last edited:
LOL Y'all need to slow the **** down. Ridley is in the 15-25 range right now. Give the kid some time.

Id take Ridley over any of those players.

Adrian Peterson is coming off a terrible injury. Ray Rice has a lot of mileage on him already.

Ridley is fresh.

Id take Ridley over any of those players.

Adrian Peterson is coming off a terrible injury. Ray Rice has a lot of mileage on him already.

Ridley is fresh.

So you're saying if someone offered you ray rice or arian foster for ridley strait up..you wouldn't do it?

Ryan Williams - unproven
Michael Turner - old, beat-up, becoming slower
Ray Rice
Fred Jackson - old, injury prone
Jonathan Stewart -injury prone
Matt Forte - injury prone
Law Firm - at this point im willing to say ridley is an upgrade
Trent Richardson - unproven, just cuz drafted high doesn't mean better
DeMarco Murray - unproven
Willis McGahee - old, on the decline
Mikel Leshoure - unproven
Cedric Benson - old
Arian Foster
Donald Brown - not even a contest
MJD
Jamaal Charles
Reggie Bush - need to see more inside the tackles
AP
Darren Sproles - NOT an insdie the tackles runner
Ahmad Bradshaw - meh
Shonn Greene - yea OK
Darren McFadden - injury prone, hasn't really done much yet
LeSean Mccoy
Rashard Mendenhall - funny
Ryan Matthews funny x2
Marshawn Lynch - possibly
Frank Gore - old
Steven Jackson - hes got very little left
Doug Martin - who?
Chris Johnson - not this years (or last, or last lasts)
Alfred Morris - young, unproven

only the bolded ones would i take over Ridley at this point...this is taking into account current ages/situations obviously

(ps, im a proponent of what have you shown me rather than what did i see in college)

Along these lines, do people still want Demarco Murray instead of Ridley?

taking into account many factors such as Age, Contract, Current production and injuries I would take. MJD, Jonathan stewart (I would have williams as their RB1 and would have him on this list), Maybe bradshaw and would consider Richardson or Martin if it was a straight trade but would have used draft chips on either.

If none of those are factors I have him somewhere around 15-20.

:wha:

That made me lol.

Ray Rice
Fred Jackson
Matt Forte
Trent Richardson

Arian Foster
Maurice Jones-Drew
Jamaal Charles

Reggie Bush
Adrian Peterson
Darren McFadden
LeSean McCoy
Ryan Matthews
Marshawn Lynch
Chris Johnson

The bolded players are the backs I would start with 99% confidence ahead of Ridley. The others, I would have to consider more closely.

There's no way I don't start Peterson or Rice as 1A to 1AA ahead of everyone in the NFL.

really? Richardson has not looked very good so far. granted he doesnt get as many touches as hes used to, but still. ridley looks far better.

Am I missing something here.

Lot of people showing no love for Foster. I think he's incredible given he didn't get drafted.

Lot of people showing no love for Foster. I think he's incredible given he didn't get drafted.

injury concerns maybe. guy is easily one of the best...

however this year he hasnt been very efficient. dont know whats up...could be the o-line.

i went through the WHOLE thread cuz u said this...and you are mistaken...

every person who went through the list placed Foster in the "is better than ridley" category...

if you want to nit pick it there was one poster who only said three names who avoided foster, and another who said it would need to be more closely looked at

...the reason i did this is b/c this is (until the game threads are made) an intelligent fan base, and any intelligent fan base should know Foster is a beast....and indeed this one does

EDIT: for this discussion draft position matters little

Last edited:
Ridley is in the group that has a small sample size and its too early to tell. Lets not get carried away just yet although I'm very excited by what I've seen to this point.

taking into account many factors such as Age, Contract, Current production and injuries I would take. MJD, Jonathan stewart (I would have williams as their RB1 and would have him on this list), Maybe bradshaw and would consider Richardson or Martin if it was a straight trade but would have used draft chips on either.

If none of those are factors I have him somewhere around 15-20.

Bradshaw? (scratches head) The only reason I say this is because you are factoring in injuries as well. It seems like Bradshaw is always injured. Let's put it this way. Neither now or this offseason would I make a trade of Ridley for Bradshaw straight up.

Last edited:

Agreed, I'm shocked that after three quality games this year that we are ready to put Ridley above Foster.

Maybe we should start this thread each week. After all, we may have had a different perception after his 30 yard performance against the Ravens. (FYI, Trent Richardson still looked like a beast against the Ravens)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes