PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which potential Fins QB scares you the most?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which worries you the most?

• Culpepper

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Rivers

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • McNair

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramsey

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
Rumors last week were that the Fish were interested in Culpepper, and this little blurb this morning:

The Dolphins' holiday wishes include a quarterback for the future. Possibilities could include Daunte Culpepper, Steve McNair, Patrick Ramsey or Philip Rivers.
-- Miami Herald

So which potential Phins QB would worry you the most, having to face twice a year?

Culpepper. He'd fit right in with Linehan and the boys, he's only 28 and he's had some great numbers too:

2000 MIN 16 297 474 62.7 3937 8.3 33 78 16 98.0
2001 MIN 11 235 366 64.2 2612 7.1 14 57 13 83.3
2002 MIN 16 333 549 60.7 3853 7.0 18 61 23 75.3
2003 MIN 14 295 454 65.0 3479 7.7 25 59 11 96.4
2004 MIN 16 379 548 69.2 4717 8.6 39 82 11 110.9

Cleo Lemon.

None. If this team is relatively healthy next season, if Rodney gets back and/or BB shores up that secondary - as I know he will - nobody scares me.
McNair is done, Ramsey is just another wannabe, and Rivers could easily be yet another expensive first round bust (and another expensive trade since SD is stuck eating his bonus if they do move him).

Culpepper put up some great numbers (ahem...) with Moss. Moss isn't going to Miami. And if Culpepper does, the trade price will weaken Saban's team in other areas. The Vikings may decide to blow it up, but they won't sell cheap. QB's are at a premium, and former co-MVP Daunte's great hype numbers should insure a fairly steep return from any team acquiring him that doesn't have to foot the bill for his existing bonus money (which the Vikes would have to absorb). There is also the possibility that Tice goes and Daunte stays, or that some owner who believes in the boys will be boys philosophy and wants to make a coaching change will take Mike and his QB as a package deal.

No Fins trade for a QB scares me.

Considering they traded 3 or 4 years of their top picks for such reliable performers as R. Williams and Feeley, a Culpepper deal should approach the old Herschel Walker standard.

Seriously, If I were an NFL team in need of a QB, I'd try to get Ramsey for cheap from the Redskins.

We know Snyder has the patience of a mayfly and I though Ramsey showed some good arm and guts against the Pats a couple years ago.

The only time you trade for a starting QB is when the other pieces are in place, (Tampa SB team).

I hardly think the Fins are in that category.

Rivers. C-pep, while he knows the system is a dumb QB, fumbles alot, and wont move around nearly as much when he comes back. Rivers is young and has potential.

No one scares me, except Rivers the first time we play them, after that we own em all.

Culpepper is like Favre--a Fantasy Football All Star...

Rivers has shown nothing

McNair--how long can that dude last?

Ramsey--is poised to either make a leap or fade into mediocrity.

For the price, age, and potential to be 'coached up' along with a second chance and reasonable cap number, I would take Patrick Ramsey in a heartbeat over the other 3.

Patrick ramsey is a very good qb...
just like all the other redskins qb's after they leave the redskins.
two examples:
brad johnson, trent green.

I think Rivers probably has the best chance of landing in Miami.

I thought that they were grooming Cleo Lemon?

It makes sense that they want Culpepper for his ties with Linehan...but the financial impact would be terrible. I think that Saban isn't that inept.

Kitna is a free agent. He is better then most of them.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I thought that they were grooming Cleo Lemon?

It makes sense that they want Culpepper for his ties with Linehan...but the financial impact would be terrible. I think that Saban isn't that inept.

Kitna is a free agent. He is better then most of them.

true, but Kitna is a god-squadder, and not every team wants a bible in the huddle...

ramsey would work the best in their offense, but with chris chambers... watch out for culpepper :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back