PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which post season team concerns you the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denver in the AFC and GB in the SB.

Probably and old school comment, but, whomever the Pats are playing first.

As I said, in the AFC the team that scares me most is ourselves. There are good teams that can knock us off but I feel we've proven to be better than all of them. My only concern is going 2 or 3 games in a row without stumbling over ourselves. We've played 7 close games this season and are 3-4 in those games, so far we have not been a clutch team this year. That worries me a bit.

If we make it far enough, SF/GB/ATL are probably the biggest concerns, a step up from the AFC competition.

The Patriots concern me the most for a variety of reasons...

1. Will the O-Line hold up (particularly the interior O-Line)?

2. Will Gronk, Welker, and Hernandez be fully healthy?

3. Will Talib and Dennard be healthy enough to compete at a high level and keep McCourty at safety?

After that, the teams that concern me in the AFC, in order, are the Texans, Bengals, and Broncos. In the NFC, San Francisco and Seattle.

AFC - Denver. Healthy respect for Manning and if we do get into a shoot out with them, they have two elite rushers who can give us problems.

NFC - GB. They go pretty deep using their receivers and Rodgers is as good as Brady finding match ups that favor his receivers. This would be a hell of an offense filled game.

As far as people picking Seattle, keep in mind that although they are almost unbeatable at home, but their road record is 3-5. Their home field advantage is far and away the best in the league. On mutual turf, i don't think they'll even give us a good game.

I've been saying this for weeks only to be laughed at. The Bengals are one of the worst matchups for us all across the board. The only team that's scarier is probably Seattle. I know we all like to mock the Bengals because of their past. But these aren't the. Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson Bengals anymore. These are the Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham, Geno Atkins and Leon Hall Bengals. Their depth on the defensive line could wreck our game plan. Oh,and the place where the Bengals defensive line exploits the most is our weakness: over guard and center. Combine that with a tough secondary that plays man coverage really well. Gronkowski and Hernandez are the only place we can exploit their defense.

Just us. If we play a complete game, no other team even at their best can beat us. The constant fear is making the untimely mistakes (though maybe the SF game got them out of our system) at the wrong time. Kind of a 2010 NYJ playoff scenario.

All I know is that I'll be a nervous wreck during all of the playoff games.

To answer the thread I am MOST worried about Denver. Even though some feel good about a possible matchup, I'm sure the people in Denver feel just as good about a potential matchup with the Pats.

To answer the thread I am MOST worried about Denver. Even though some feel good about a possible matchup, I'm sure the people in Denver feel just as good about a potential matchup with the Pats.

The Broncos have received 3 solid whoopings at the hands of the Patriots in just about a calendar year. Why would they feel good about that? Their defense is a great matchup for our offense, we're a more balanced team, and we blew the doors off of them prior to re-tooling our defense and solidifying the back end.

I'm salivating at the prospect of heading out to Mile High and laying waste to Denver.

I know I am late to the party on this, but I'll add a vote for "The Patriots" and mostly that's about health. They seem like such a different team with Talib and Dennard in there. This is probably the biggest reason why the bye would be so good for this team...a number of banged up guys (Talib, Dennard, Spikes, Vollmer, Mankins, etc.) could be just that much healthier. I didn't say "healthy" because I don't think that happens for any of these guys until the season is over.

If this team is healthy, I really don't worry about any other team. I'm not saying that they can't lose, I'm just saying I like their chances of making a deep run.

Forced to choose a team other than the Pats, I'll say "Denver in Denver" only because I've seen a lot of games in that city that have not ended well for that Pats. I know that the past is not really relevant, but that's what thinking like a fan will get you.

Last edited:
No other team is of my main concern.........my biggest concern lies within the team itself and playing a full 60 minute game.

Every loss this season came because the team played less than 60 minutes and was very sluggish during parts of those games resulting in a loss each time.

There is no tomorrow once the playoffs commence and one more sluggish game and its curtains on the season.

If this team comes out and plays like they did against Jax then it does not matter which team they play,they will lose.

If this team comes out and plays with intensity for 4 quarters like it did against Houston and the Rams then there is not one NFL team that can beat them toe to toe.

In other words,there is no one to stop this years Patriots from getting to the promised land.....except the Patriots themselves.

I like the sound of that. You didn't say "the Playoff game" or "both Playoff games," but "all of the playoff games." That's what we need; positive thinking.

And, yes, I'm most concerned about playing Denver in Denver.

I've been saying this for weeks only to be laughed at. The Bengals are one of the worst matchups for us all across the board. The only team that's scarier is probably Seattle. I know we all like to mock the Bengals because of their past. But these aren't the. Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson Bengals anymore. These are the Andy Dalton, AJ Green, Jermaine Gresham, Geno Atkins and Leon Hall Bengals. Their depth on the defensive line could wreck our game plan. Oh,and the place where the Bengals defensive line exploits the most is our weakness: over guard and center. Combine that with a tough secondary that plays man coverage really well. Gronkowski and Hernandez are the only place we can exploit their defense.

Respect to Dalton & Green, but the 2005-06 Palmer-Johnson combination was scarier. However, the rest of the team is much better than those old Bengals.

who concerns me the most is the pats team that shows up in the first half against the niners.

what should concern everyone else is the pats team that showed up in the 2nd half against the niners........doesn't matter who you are, no lead is safe

seattle does not scare me as they will lose their first away playoff game, but even still.....I would love a 2nd shot to beat them in the SB

nobody scares me as much as the pats playing poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back