PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which position do you think we will draft with #7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking it will be James Laurinitis.

Didn't he get smoked by LSU in the title game? At least that is what I heard from PFT. I missed the game, so I can't say one way or the other, although I feel the biggest need is at LB, followed by CB.

Not that my vision has anything to do with what's actually going to happen, but I really fail to see how the Patriots pick anything but a CB or maybe a LB with their first pick.

Asante's bags are as good as packed and Gay is a UFA. So unless you think Hobbs is not only good enough to be a #1 but also good enough to shut down multiple receivers at the same time, we're going to see a CB with our top pick.

We could definitely use a bit of youth at the LB position but people tend to overreact about our situation there. Colvin, Vrabel, and Thomas still have about 4 good years left in them. That's 4 years from 3 stud LBs. I'd say we can be a little patient about reconstructing our LB corps.

Not that my vision has anything to do with what's actually going to happen, but I really fail to see how the Patriots pick anything but a CB or maybe a LB with their first pick.

Asante's bags are as good as packed and Gay is a UFA. So unless you think Hobbs is not only good enough to be a #1 but also good enough to shut down multiple receivers at the same time, we're going to see a CB with our top pick.

We could definitely use a bit of youth at the LB position but people tend to overreact about our situation there. Colvin, Vrabel, and Thomas still have about 4 good years left in them. That's 4 years from 3 stud LBs. I'd say we can be a little patient about reconstructing our LB corps.

If they sign a corner in with 7th overall pick they might as well give Asante the money cause it wont be that big a difference in contract...

Didn't he get smoked by LSU in the title game? At least that is what I heard from PFT. I missed the game, so I can't say one way or the other, although I feel the biggest need is at LB, followed by CB.

I saw that game and Laurinaitis looked really really really bad. The LSU offense made him look too slow, too weak, and easy to block. I did not like what I saw. Mind you, this is the only game I've ever seen him play, but if LSU can do this, I can't imagine what an NFL team will do to him.

If we had to go LB, I'd take the guy from USC instead if he comes out.

I saw that game and Laurinaitis looked really really really bad. The LSU offense made him look too slow, too weak, and easy to block. I did not like what I saw. Mind you, this is the only game I've ever seen him play, but if LSU can do this, I can't imagine what an NFL team will do to him.

If we had to go LB, I'd take the guy from USC instead if he comes out.

that sucks...well, there goes that option...

I expect them to trade down and get rich on second tier people who are a bargain.

BB will have his eyes on players who can develop i doubt he will take a guy expect to preform straight away when does he ever? he will look at people who can develop into much better players rather than a guy who will plateau after his rookie season and actually become a bust. I expect he will trade down for a more. we need a LB who can do the business not someone who maybe good coming out of college expect a trade or FA pick up of a LB not a drafted guy.

I'm thinking the Pats will trade down and pick a CB and a LB

DB, if they keep the pick. If we draft that high we pay that player starter money. Assante's contract status for next year and Harrison's age dictate adding quality depth at this position. Merriweather may help but we could use one more quality DB.

We are strong on the Offensive and Defensive lines, WR and the Pats simply don't use high draft picks on LB. (sleeper pick TE, BB loves the ones that fit in his system.)

Malcom Jenkins, Ohio State CB

Jake Long Michigan would be my pick. Take care of the turnstile at RT

well, you can thank tampa bay and cincy for losing to san fran late in the yr, and costing us a chance on long
would have been a great pick btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey