PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which player loss/absence hurts most on the team?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which of these players is the biggest loss on this team?

• McGowan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bodden

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Faulk

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Mankins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ty Warren

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Which of the players either on IR or holdout is the biggest loss to this team?

McGowan? - Hard Hitting Safety who was intimidating at times
Bodden? - Experienced and quality CB
Faulk? - Mr. 3rd down,a team captain and leader and a QBs friend in blocking
Mankins? - One of the top LGs in the NFL to protect one of the top QBs in the NFL
Ty Warren? - A veteran fixture of a solid 3 man front

Last edited:
Faulk, closely followed by Bodden and TWarren. It'll hurt Brady a lot on 3rd down. He's been his clutch, go-to guy for so many years now.

1. Bodden
2. Warren
3. Faulk
4. McGowan
5. Mankins

I think my vote would be a tie between Warren and Bodden, for different reasons.

In Bodden's case, he was our best "sure thing" amongst the corners. His presence allows us keep Butler in the slot, and makes that whole secondary look much better.

With Warren, it's more of a "what if" scenario. I feel like we have decent players to replace him, but with Brace hopefully improving as the year goes on, this could have been a GREAT 3 man run stuffing line with him, Wilfork, and Warren.

Faulk would be third, just because it's going to take a group effort to do what he does on the field.

Bodden hes a full time player that solidifies the defensive back field

Felger and Tanguay were discussing this on Comcast and Faulk seemed to be thier opinion of the biggest loss

Personally I think Bodden is the biggest loss since we have some inexperienced CBs and not quite ready to cover top receivers we will soon face,starting with Brandon Marshall next week.

Faulk would be the 2nd choice because not so much of what he does which is important,mind you but what he brought to the team...leadership quality - leadership you cannot replace overnight

McGowan was a guy that made WRs and TEs think twice going into the slot to catch a pass because of him known to be a fierce hitter but Chung is doing a good job in that regards

Last edited:
Faulk would be the 2nd choice because not so much of what he does which is important,mind you but what he brought to the team...leadership quality - leadership you cannot replace overnight

Listen, I love Faulk. One of the toughest, most admirable players on the team for over a decade now.

But people are really making his loss a bigger deal than it is. He's a third down back (one of the best though). Take Faulk out of the last game and insert Bodden and I truly believe we win. (Not that Faulk needed to be taken out obviously, but just if I had to choose one over the other)

Leadership quality only gets you so far. We all saw that speech he gave the team during the Ravens blowout home loss in the playoffs, did it do anything? We saw all the "leaders" on the field for the defense in SB42 (Bruschi, Seau, Harrison, Vrabel...) and how did that 83 yard drive end up?

Last edited:
Consider a defensive backfield with Bodden and McCourty as starters, Bulter as a nickel, and Wilhite or Wheatley as our dime backs. Then look at what we have. The difference in the quality of the secondary is HUGE on almost every defesnive snap of the game.

1. Bodden
2. Faulk
3. Warren
4. Mankins
5. McGowan

Although the reality is more that the top 4 are all major blows, so it's more like

1. Bodden
2a. Faulk
2b. Warren
2c. Mankins
5. McGowan

The secondary made Sanchez look like Joe Montana....easily Bodden

Mankins with a big goose egg thus far

Sign the beast.......then immediately trade his whining ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back