PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriots Rookie will have the best career in NE?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Rookie With The Best Career As A Patriot

• Devin McCourty

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Ron Gronkowski

Votes: 35 27.3%
  • Jermaine Cunningham

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Brandon Spikes

Votes: 45 35.2%
  • Taylor Price

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Aaron Hernandez

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Zoltan Mesko

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Ted Larsen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welch,Deaderick,Weston,Robinson (whch one?)

• An UDFA signed today (Love ect:)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
A look into the future,who do you see as the next big thing in New England?

I see Brandon Spikes as a solid ILB for years and could be better than anticipated,he gets my vote.

Last edited:
I choose Grankowski. Spikes is my second choice.

Mesko is a wild choice and probably the 7th rounders are more worthy but there are players like Ray Guy who come along every once in a decade or two who could be special

To me it's between both Gronkowski and Spikes. However, I'm giving the slight edge to Spikes. He looks like he'll become a leader on the defense, I just think he'll make a bigger impact on the team.

Since theres no rule against rival fans voting I say Spikes. He strikes me as a game day type player not combine guy. He is a little bit of a dirtbag, SOB which you need to be a really good LB IMO. I think he has a career which he isnt a perrenial pro bowler or Superstar but a tier or two below that where he is good, underrated and does dirty work.

Last edited:
MR.Hernandez will shock people, he might be a little short but he has Tom brady throwing him the ball, he will eat up lb's especially the 3-4 linebackers in the division

I think Spikes has the biggest upside so I'll go with him but Gronkowski isn't too far behind either. I also think Spikes has a nice leadership skill which is hard to find.

I was a major Spikes hater before yesterday. Now, I think that he is an ideal complement to Mayo in our system, so I like the pick.

I voted Gronk though.

I voted Spikes, but I believe Hernandez is gonna be a big time player for us.

I believe that Mesko will become an interstellar star in NE; back up the whole bit with some serious performance. We'll see...

Of course, high performers at his position (P) typically play for a long time...lots of value here; possibility of a long career.

I see all three of the 2nd-rounders as lunch-bucket kinds of guys. Gronk's upside is combining the best aspects of Grahambo and Christian Fauria, which is pretty darned good. Spikes' upside is Tedy Bruschi with a longer prime. Cunningham's upside is Mike Vrabel without the TE moonlighting.

I'm going to go with McCourty, however. His upside is Ty Law.

Last edited:
I voted Spikes. For some reason Spikes and Mayo just sounds right. Hopefully it'll be McCourty though.

Last edited:
i said Grankowski, cause he will catch lot's of TD's from brady, and i think spikes will be very good to

Gronkowski.... Spikes..... Zoltan

I believe that Devin McCourty will help us a lot, specially in the ST. I hate when Brady always start around the 20's, besides i want to see a field goal block. Spikes will be a beast as well, and i hope that we use Gronk a lot, he is 6'6', Brady can't miss him.

You guys are no fun, Zoltan should be winning this hands down.

Very tough, but I'm going with my gut and saying Spikes.

Tough choice for me as a Gator fan, and as I find out more about the ones I'm not that familiar with, the more I like. But in the end, I went with one of my Gator binkies and my hometown boy, Aaron Hernandez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes