PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriots players have YOU Met?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dieon Branch and I used the same Pediatrition, last year as i was walking up to the check out with my son, he was standing there with a newborn. I just nodded at him, we were fathers there for our children.
Of Course I felt like I couldn't say anything that morning because I happened to be all deck out in my Pat's hat, shirt, and Jacket. thinking " oh great Here's Dieon Branch and he's Scared of me."
Like I said we were fathers there for our kids.

As a kid back when the Pats training camp was in Amherst, I met lots of players. Most memorable was after a Saturday morning scrimmage, my aunt and two uncles took me to a pub for lunch when a large group of players came in for beers. My aunt and uncle loved to sing and before long several of the players came to sit and sing at our table. The players were full of fun, particularly "Harpo" Gladiuax.

Spoke with Mike Haynes at Disneyland the day after a preseason game in 1981. Nice guy. Spoke lots of Pats at a charity softball game last year. Russ "All World" Francis was particularly gracious.

A friend of mine, whose a friend of the Bridget Moynaham's family, had Thanksgiving diner with Tom Brady last year. My friend said Brady didn't talk football all day and was very down to earth. And yes, Bridget looked smoking hot.

I met Miller, Grammatica, and Maroney at TC this year, got their autographs and I told Maroney he'd be rookie of the year and he thanked me.

Something I'll brag about for a long time hopefully :) (not the Grammatica one)

Was face to face with Brady at TC but he just walked by me :( I didn't want to shove the football in his face and say its for my son, he'd just ignore me anyway lol.

I met T.Bruschi this year at a Hyndai dealership in Roseville CA. He was doing a autograph signing and all the proceeds went to his former High school to build to a new weight room. He also had a banquet that night as well. He sure does have alot of fans here.

T.Bruschi,Donte Stallworth,Onterio Smith and most recently Lance Briggs are also from the area.

I also met Mcginnist and Slade in San Francisco back in 96 right before a pre season game. You could tell those guys were good buds.

At an NFL alumni golf outing, I played with:
Mosey Tatupu and his daughter. He used a wicked clear lucite driver with the head as big as a VW beetle.
Steve Grogan was in the 4 some behind us.

That was a lot of fun...

I bought Koppen and Paxton a couple of Alabama Slammer shots at this place Tantric in Providence a couple of summers ago. Really down-to-earth guys.

i met him too last year and i have a photo with him too. then i met Max Lane,Larry Whigham, Ronnie Lippett, Roland James, Garin Veris and some others.

with John Smith i talked approx 5 minutes and he told me that he loves Italy and he comes often.

with them i have made photos - then i met (and i have autographs) other 'old' players (also many of them playing with the Boston Patriots):

Tom Yewcic, Bobby Leo, Len St Jean, Steve King, Larry Gannon, Larry Eisenhauer, Daryl Johnson, Rick Cash, Bill Lenkaitis, Tim Fox, Derrick Beasley, Jon Williams, Robert Perryman, Burnie Legette, Vernon Crawford, Ed Ellis.

i was happy like a kid and very excited

one of the best moments i have had

i remember to shock 'big hands' and my smiles on the photos are 'real smiles'

again: i was extremely happy to met them.

i.e: John Smith - i was always thinking about hix FG in the snow (3-0) against Miami...

wow...good moments !

I lived in Louisiana for a number of years-the Pats played in their 2nd and 3rd Super Bowls there.

Didn't get to meet anyone, but the Pats practiced at the Tulane U practice facility both times.

And, sat, or stood by, on the players bench on two occasions.

1963, playoff game in Buffalo when our seats were awful, 50YL behind the bench at War Memorial Stadium, so players told us to come down onto the field and stand next to the bench for the second half. (cant do that now)

And one game at BC when I rode in with the Fallon Ambulance driver, who was a close friend of mine, and we sat at the end of the player's bench for the entire game.

i can imagine that was a really good experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back