PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriots players have YOU Met?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I myself,living here in New Mexico am pretty far from Boston obviously.I have never had the opportunity to see a live game from my beloved Pats.I was curious,Who here on the boards has had the opportunity/Privelage to meet one of our great players,or members of the coaching staff, either past or present? How was the experience?

Ask Mrs B. She's met most all of them.

At those Patriots/Local Police celebrity basketball games, Tatupu and few others. Can't remember. Brady was at one in 2000, before his rise to stardom. They signed autographs for the fans while dripping in sweat on the benches at halftime.

Last edited:
met cassel and paxton at training camp last year. they were both cool, smiled and small talked with all the fans during the autograph session. my girlfriend just met ben watson last week, he came to her work for some bring the kids to work day. She said he was nice and VERY big...
Also met Bruce Armstrong and Tatupo when I was real young at a fan appreciation day or something in foxboro

Last edited:
met cassel and paxton at training camp last year. they were both cool, smiled and small talked with all the fans during the autograph session. my girlfriend just met ben watson last week, he came to her work for some bring the kids to work day. She said he was nice and VERY big

If you include training camp over the past couple of years, I 'met' Brown, Wilson, Glenn, Seymour (rookie), and Cox.

I met Steve Grogan around 1974 or so at the MDC Skating Rink on Nonantum rd in Newton MA. They were showing a highlight movie of the past season. So he had LOTS of time for the fans:D I was 5 or so and got his autograph, which my mom threw out. I'll never quite forgive her for that.

Last edited:
LOL - I met Sam Gash years ago when he was still on the team in the hospital lab (I was there for a blood test; don't know what he was there for but it was less than a week after that awful loss to Pittsburgh in the playoffs 7-6 when some guy named Vrabel intercepted Bledsoe at the end of the game) when I was hugely pregnant with twins. I was so excited to meet him; I think he was afraid of me!!

Christian Fauria and Vince Wilfork when they returned from SB 39. Wilfork had the Lomabrdi in hand and I got to touch it.

Does anyone know where to find out when and where Pats players are doing signings? Harrison did a signing in Franklin last week and had I known I definitely would have went.

I've met lots over the years. We used to have a bunch of them come to speaking engagements for sports. Hog, Morgan, Grogan, Nelson, etc. Met Grogan again a few years ago. His son played for my brother at Northeastern. Grogan used to go to all of the games. Vincent Brown tried to pick up my wife one "girl's night out" at "the tent". Someone I grew up with was friends with Bledsoe when he first came to the Pats and I've hung out at my buddy's house in Walpole getting drunk with him when he was a rookie.

I've also met some other players when they were in college or retired. My brother played for Syracuse (when they were good) under MacPherson so I've met most of that coaching staff and I've met Marvin Harrison and others when I was up visiting my brother. One of my high school coaches was John Hulecki of the Steelers and I've met Milt Morin (largest hands I've ever shook).

A bunch of Pats live at "the Marina" just south of Boston. They're high priced condos and it's right near "the tent" which is a meat market.

I've met Marcel Shipp (Arizona) during my brother's first UMass coaching stint.

Oh, I also smoked Flutie a couple of years ago at his Marino Farms road race. He started a couple of minutes ahead of me and I passed him on the last hill. He was walking up it and I was too tired to say anything to him. lol

Most were normal guys. The obnoxious ones that played with or for my brother always turned out to be busts. I remember Marvin Harrison being a very nice guy from a nice family.

My brother's father-in-law is also Frank Novak who coached in the NFL for 15 seasons (Chargers and Packers).

Last edited:
Met Grogan at the Sam Adams tent at Gilletee, he signed my hat.. He was not drinking I might add

Met Troy Brown, at the pro shop this yr, shook his hand and wished him good luck against Buffalo.

I've met Graham, Watson, Koppen, Vrabel, and Colvin at training camp.

Brady and Givens came into the store where I work at home (in QUincy, near the Marina) on two seperate occasions, and one time I was canning at a Dunkin Donuts near the Marina, and Brady came in. My friend had no idea it was him, but I knew. we just kept up our schtick, and he thought we were funny (we were rapping and banging on a table with our can. really stupid stuff to get money). Brady was loving it, and then he gave us 75 cents and told us to "keep up the good work".

John Smith was at our tailgate at the Bears game last week. A really nice guy, he spent about 15-20 minutes talking with us, signing autographs and posing for pictures. One of the highlights of the trip.

img_0045-large.jpg

Okay my list will trump all of yours:

Tom Brady
Corey Dillon
Laurence Maroney
Kevin Faulk (a few times)
Heath Evans
Patrick Pass
Reche Caldwell
Troy Brown
Chad Jackson
Tedy Bruschi
Mike Vrabel
Pierre Woods
Tully Banta Cain
Rosevelt Colvin
Monty Beisel
Ty Warren
Vince Wilfork
Jarvis Green
Dan Klecko
Mike Wright
Ben Watson
Matt Light
Dan Koppen
Lonnie Paxton
Ryan O Callaghan
Nick Kaczur
Russ Hochstein
Ellis Hobbs
Rodney Harrison
Willie McGinest
James Sanders
Guss Scott
Hank Poteat
Willie Andrews
Artrel Hawkins

Cant think of any more for the moment right now but theres more.

Years ago, a buddy of mine was offered the position of creating the Pats web site when Parcells was coach. My friend was going back to Germany but said I would be perfect for it. I turned down the interview because the money they were offering was horrible. I was making 3 times that amount at the time. In hindsight, I probably should have taken it. I mean if the ball boy can become head coach of the Jets, the web designer could become the head of the NFL network.:D ;)

Back in the mid-80s (86, I believe), I went to a photo/autograph day on the field at Foxboro during the preseason. Tables were set up around the edges of the field and a player or two sat at each table. You could go up to each table, ask for an autograph and even sit on their side of the table and get your picture taken with them. I've got pics of either my brother or me sitting with Grogan, Tippett, Eason, Craig James, Mosi, Trevor Matich and Tony Collins. Collins was by far the most enthusiastic during the pics, showing a big toothy smile while the rest were pretty much emotionless...probably tired of a zillion pics.

Do the Pats even do something like this nowadays? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't, now with the autograph hounds out to make a buck and the players wanting their piece...something that was much more subdued back then. If they don't, it's a shame because it was a highlight of my teenage years of Pats fandom.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. Another thing I took away from that visit: The artificial turf was like a cement floor coated with a thin layer of rubber. Had a slight bounce, but clearly did not hide the hardness underneath. No wonder players hate astroturf. Also, the crown on the field was significant. TV didn't do it justice.

I've met 2 tight ends. Russ Francis & Tom Beer. I was real young when I meet Tom Beer, so don't remember much. A few friends and I where playing HS ball when we met Russ Francis. He was actually near the stadium where we played for some reason.

Well, Brady's a friend of mine. He introduced me to Ty Law and Drew back in 2000, as well as Belichick. I also know Pierre Woods.

I met Ty Warren (big big man) and Rohan Davey last year at a popeye's in Kennebunk, ME

Partied with Chris Slade in Vegas in the VIP booth at the Hard Rock just after he was released by the Pats and about to sign with Carolina.

John Smith was at our tailgate at the Bears game last week. A really nice guy, he spent about 15-20 minutes talking with us, signing autographs and posing for pictures. One of the highlights of the trip.

img_0045-large.jpg

i met him too last year and i have a photo with him too. then i met Max Lane,Larry Whigham, Ronnie Lippett, Roland James, Garin Veris and some others.

with John Smith i talked approx 5 minutes and he told me that he loves Italy and he comes often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back