PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Patriot Player has been the most consistent?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Most consistently solid Patriots player so far at the midway point in the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
NEM said:
I wont say "most consistent" cause I dont think he is used enough...But Tully Banta Cain has caught my eye...they need to let this kid have more shots at opposing quarterbacks.

As far as consistent...I think Rosey Colvin has had a very consistent season.
I dont agree about Rosey. It seems like hes on a Roller Coaster. Hes great in some games and disappears in others.

He gets to the quarterback and running backs in the backfield in some and then gets to the quarterback and cant bring him down. I mean wtf? Brad Johnson is 38 years old and he deflected Rosey like he was an underweight sumo wrestler.

I love Colvin and his play. But i sure as hell wish it would be on a consistent basis.

TBC has been steady on ST's. Key tackles and blocks = great value and big ST player.

ANYWAY

The most consistent player(s) in my mind:

The entire offensive line (minus Light at times) they have been lights out terrific. They make Dillon and Maroney look better and give Brady more time than hes had in ages if not ever.

Big Ups to the main 5. Light (sometimes) Mankins, Koppen, Neal (when healthy) and O Callaghan. Great jobs assisting with Kaczur Britt Yates and Hochstein (why cant he be the director?)

SeanBruschi54 said:
I dont agree about Rosey. It seems like hes on a Roller Coaster. Hes great in some games and disappears in others.

He gets to the quarterback and running backs in the backfield in some and then gets to the quarterback and cant bring him down. I mean wtf? Brad Johnson is 38 years old and he deflected Rosey like he was an underweight sumo wrestler.

I love Colvin and his play. But i sure as hell wish it would be on a consistent basis.
That one play on Brad Johnson stands out for people having seen it front and center on national TV, but Rosey isn't the only defender who has bounced off a QB this season after he didn't fire in like an unchecked rocket. The NFL's roughing the passer standard has had an adverse affect on the QB sacks because players are now 'pulling their punches' to avoid "head blows," "late hits," or "leading with the helmet" calls that too often follow a "jacked up" highlight featuring the QB. "Protect the franchise" is working, but defenders are paying the price in missed sacks.

While I wouldn't put Rosey in the most consistent grouping, I give him more credit for his play than seems the norm recently. Let's not forget Seymour seems to be playing at a slightly lower level than his norm in past years, that will affect Rosey's game on the left side. The Colts seem to know where Rosey is on each play...and I do love TBC's giant leap forward this season.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
That one play on Brad Johnson stands out for people having seen it front and center on national TV, but Rosey isn't the only defender who has bounced off a QB this season after he didn't fire in like an unchecked rocket. The NFL's roughing the passer standard has had an adverse affect on the QB sacks because players are now 'pulling their punches' to avoid "head blows," "late hits," or "leading with the helmet" calls that too often follow a "jacked up" highlight featuring the QB. "Protect the franchise" is working, but defenders are paying the price in missed sacks.

While I wouldn't put Rosey in the most consistent grouping, I give him more credit for his play than seems the norm recently. Let's not forget Seymour seems to be playing at a slightly lower level than his norm in past years, that will affect Rosey's game on the left side. The Colts seem to know where Rosey is on each play...and I do love TBC's giant leap forward this season.
Agreed but i just used the BJ play as an example because its one everyone saw front and center. But Seymour i dont know whats happened to him. In the beginning of the year people were saying yea he looks like hes underperforming. But i just figured well he never has big stats so its not a big deal. But in some games he has been getting single coverage.

I forgot that Rosey played behind Seymour i though Vrabel was behind Seymour and Rosey behind Warren. O well now i know.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I forgot that Rosey played behind Seymour i though Vrabel was behind Seymour and Rosey behind Warren. O well now i know.
They do mix things up a bit to confuse both you and the offense. Rosey and Vrabes will play both sides and sneak TBC in as a really nasty slider, but on balance Rosey lines up left and Vrabes, who is the better run stopper of the three, pairs with Ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back