PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which Pat players that played in the 2000s have a chance to make it to Canton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruschi has as much chance of the HOF as Troy Brown,Mike Vrabel and Willie McGinest do and thats ZERO chance.

But of course the above mentioned are all guaranteed to be inducted into the Pats HOF within the next decade

Amen, I think people here would love to see their personal favorites in the Hall but realistically I doubt it will ever happen. Brady, Moss, Seau...That could be it.

Bru, Brown and Sey, no chance
Harrison, unlikely
Law, Vinatieri, Taylor possibly
Brady, Moss, Seau definites

Future:
Hopefully, Kevin O'Connell will be a Hall of Famer after 7 years on the bench ;)

Mayo, if the guy turns into the absolute beast we know he can be.

Yea, That's pretty much it right there.

Brady, Moss, Seau, Lynch, Patrick Pass.

Brady, Moss, Seau, Lynch, Patrick Pass.

You're forgetting JR Redmond. Without him, SB XXXVI was going to overtime. He built his career around that play.

Tom Brady
Randy Moss (Viking or Patriot)
Rodney Harrison (Charger or Patriot)
Ty Law
Junior Seau (San Diego)
John Lynch (Buccaneer)

Last edited:
for all you saying Bledsoe is a long shot, I give you Dan Founts. Never won a SB and was in a pass happy offense. Numbers do help and Drew has alot of impressive ones

A few notes:

- Harrison is facing some things that will definitely work against him. First, his reputation. Voters are not supposed to consider anything except production on the field, but history has shown that reputation and other issues can hurt chances. Second, safeties have historically faced up an uphill battle to get into into the Hall. This decade has been the decade of the safety so that might change.
- Bruschi has next to no chance to get in. He is my favorite all time Patriot, but he just doesn't have the numbers, Pro Bowl votes, or other awards to make it. That will keep him from getting in. What made him a great Patriot will hurt his chances to get into the Hall.
- On that note, that will hurt all the Pats players. What made the Pats' system so great was that no player was bigger than the hole and players had specific roles and sacrificed personal stats for the ultimate team goal. Guys like Seymour and Law might have been first ballot locks otherwise.

for all you saying Bledsoe is a long shot, I give you Dan Founts. Never won a SB and was in a pass happy offense. Numbers do help and Drew has alot of impressive ones

Dan Fouts was one of the greatest QBs of his generation winning league MVP twice. He was a six time Pro Bowler and an first string All Pro three times and second string twice. He is one of seven QBs in history to have back to back 30 TD seasons. Fouts was on the All 1980s team for QB. Fouts holds the record for most consecutive years leading the league in passing yards.

Bledsoe was only a Pro Bowler 4 times and an All Pro twice with no league MVPs and not considered as one of the best of his generation. He does hold the record for most pass attempts in a season, but that isn't neccessarily a good thing.

Eventhough Bledsoe's and Fouts' numbers are similiar, Fouts is a far better player. Bledsoe played in an era where the rules were more laxed to make the offenses more high flying. Fouts played in a defense dominant era. Fouts was considered one of the best of his generation while Bledsoe is considered above average for his generation.

Bledsoe will never get into the Hall nor is he deserving of a HOF bearth. And I have always been a Bledsoe supporter.

Rodney Harrison spoke about his own odds of getting in to the Hall of Fame, and he didn't sound like he had that great of a chance.

Harrison: 'Do I believe I'm a Hall of Fame player? Absolutely' by John Beattie for NESN

When asked about his odds of making it into the Canton shrine, he replied: “Probably not because just look how the NFL has looked at me all these years. Ignoring my stats and my impact as a player and a teammate. Focusing on the negative. Do I believe I’m a Hall of Fame player? Absolutely. Will I make it in there? That’s up to you guys. But I know that I did all I could do.”

One thing Harrison mentioned, which I whole heartily agree with, is how there is too much weight given to number of Pro Bowls when assessing a player for the Hall of Fame. The general consensus is that Pro Bowl voting is a joke; but if that is the case, then why does is it used to determine whether or not a player makes it in to the Hall of Fame?

“The Pro Bowl is an absolute joke,” said Harrison, who notched at least 100 tackles in seven different seasons. “When you look at the guys who can’t even play safety and they’re getting in. You’ve got guys going in with 70 tackles, one or two interceptions, no sacks, no passes defensed, no impact on the game. I mean, it’s crazy how the Pro Bowl voting is. You mean to tell me a guy like John Lynch, who I respect to death, you tell me he’s an eight, nine-time Pro Bowler, and I’m a two-time Pro Bowler?”

One thing Harrison may have going for him is his becoming a television commentator. It seems that players who get in front of the camera when their NFL careers are over tend to do better in Hall of Fame voting than those that do not, probably because their memory does not fade away due to still being in the public eye.

Rodney finished up with one last shot, almost daring people to try to make a case as to why he should not get in.

"Look at these stats!” Harrison said. “All you have to do is pull ‘em up and look at ‘em — my interceptions, my tackles, my impact on the game. Everything! What does that tell you? But guess what: Because I’m Rodney Harrison, because everyone wanted to put this ‘dirty player’ stigma on me, no one would vote for me. But if you asked these guys, would they want me on their team, yes they would.”

Right now I still don't think he'll make it in, but if he has a successful television career - with plenty of opportunities to rub elbows with some of those voters - he might have a chance after all.

Last edited:
Brady , Moss ,Ty law ,Adam V are sure shot.

Border Line Seymour ,Harrison ,Wes [he is 27 and if he put 3-4 monster years he will be coming strong]

Seymour was on track for the first 5 yrs and he faded for 2 yr and has come back last year led the NFL in sacks among 3-4 ends. If he maintains the same 7-8 sacks a year with 50 solo tackles for say another 5 yrs [he is 29] he has a very good shot.

Harrison - He might be considered and also its voted in and if he becomes a media favariote you never know.

Bru/Vrabel/Troy No way but definitely Patriots HOF.

HOF:

Brady

Moss

Seau

Vinateri

Dillion

Seymour

Patriots Hall of Fame:

Bruschi

Law

Brown

Status